It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Gore is wrong on global warming

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Ummm nobody knows the truth about global warming. A ton of scientists believe it's true, and scientifically the temperatures are rising year to year. I don't know how to debate this since theres no proof anywhere. The government is suppressing scientific research on the subject for some reason though, and not letting us (the people) know what is really happening.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I see your point Saurus. Shut me up
I think the only way this will ever be resolved would be unbiased research into the topic. But all environmental scientists would have developed an opinion on the topic, it wont' really work. Since most scientists try to prove themselves right.

Looks like it's just a matter of guesswork from here on in, do we, don't we and then, if we do, what DO we do?

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
FYI:

I know some of you don't necessarily like RH but there is some valid info here:

The entire solar system - not just our one small planet -- is currently undergoing profound, never-before-seen physical changes. This paper will address and scientifically document a wide variety of significant examples, drawing from a host of published mainstream sources.

We will also outline a new scientific model that, for the first time, coherently explains these simultaneous interplanetary changes via a fundamental “new Physics” - a Physics that predicts “even greater anomalies to come”…

Here are some highlights:

Sun: More activity since 1940 than in previous 1150 years, combined

Mercury: Unexpected polar ice discovered, along with a surprisingly strong intrinsic magnetic field … for a supposedly “dead” planet

Venus: 2500% increase in auroral brightness, and substantive global atmospheric changes in less than 30 years

Earth: Substantial and obvious world-wide weather and geophysical changes

Mars: “Global Warming,” huge storms, disappearance of polar icecaps

Jupiter: Over 200% increase in brightness of surrounding plasma clouds

Saturn: Major decrease in equatorial jet stream velocities in only ~20 years, accompanied by surprising surge of X-rays from equator

Uranus: “Really big, big changes” in brightness, increased global cloud activity

Neptune: 40% increase in atmospheric brightness

Pluto: 300% increase in atmospheric pressure, even as Pluto recedes farther from the Sun

None of these statistics are from “fringe” scientists; they are all very, very real, and what you have just read is only the proverbial “tip of the iceberg.”

www.enterprisemission.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 01:57 AM
link   

The entire solar system - not just our one small planet -- is currently undergoing profound, never-before-seen physical changes.

Of course we've never seen them before. We have only been able to see the surface of other planets for a few years...

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by traderonwallst

What is with you , global warming does not exist nut sacks? I have taken four environmental exchange classes over the past three years and Global warming is a fact ! There is so much data on the subject
you could not even begin to digest it or even read it in ten years.There are thousands upon thousands of papers ,books and masters thesis's dedicated to this concept .Do you guys believe in gravity ? how about thunder storms ?
It is a simple idea - it is called the green house effect because the atmosphere is a giant green house .

Can anyone argue the fact that something must buffer the "sky" from space???(I'm sure some of you rednecks can ) . Well Kooder it is called an atmosphere, and that Atmosphere is made up of various gases ,,, these gases exist in certain ratios on earth - nitrogen , oxygen.etc...
carbon dioxcide a gas has the natural tendency to absorb the energy of the sun . This interaction between the suns energy and carbon di - mon oxide nitrous oxide ,, creates heat . -- Heat = 's warmth , opposite of cool ...

Burning things like oil, coal creates many bi-particles products -including / heat + particles - including carbon dioxide ,carbon monoxide , nitrous dioxide .Once again these particles absorb or trap solar energy here in our atmosphere.

The solar energy - "light from the sun " is turned into thermal energy or heat . This heat becomes trapped in our atmosphere which makes things warmer --- warming - increases temperature .

Heat melts ice ,, if you want to argue this throw an ice cube on a hot skillet - you victims of lead poisoning .

The polar ice caps are made of - ice - melting ice creates liquid water . Oceans are made of water , more water in the ocean means the water will rise
The EPA , GA claims that our country's cars and industry release 7,000,000,000 metric tons of these solar energy absorbing gases each year ( current Bush friendly estimates). This number is very roughly 15,000,000,000,000 pounds of this stuff each year . The Earths mechanized greenhouse output is a little more than double this number yearly.
If you cannot understand this concept , please read some books , try to finish six grade
or learn to read in general . Simple science

Less a lack of a proper education ... this quantity must absorb a huge amount of solar radiation = thermal energy =heat .

to sum it up

some gases absorb solar radiation , one result of solar radiation is heat , heat makes air warmer , human activities create huge amounts of these gases which absorb solar radiation , more gases = more heat
heating of the earth can be also described as Global Warming - literally !

CASE CLOSED -- Lets move on huh?

The only arguments that can follow this would be provided by a person with a very low IQ , poor reading skills , traumatic brain injury ,

------OR the more likely culprit -----

Blind rampant protection of ones own political beliefs -
Accepting these scientific facts would reveal to your mind that you support and believe in people who care for nothing more then a handful of men making more money then one can spend in 100 life times . Funny thing is that half of you identify with a religion that teaches , forgiveness , sharing , community and protecting thoughs who have no protectors. Jesus never , never sided with the rich or the forces of greed . If this is earth is a creation of god - why would you support men who would cover it in piss in order to make a dollar ,a dollar which is then put in a bank and a dollar never spent because of lack of time to spend that particular dollar ? Stupidity is forgivable, however political sociopathy is the same mentality protected and nurtured by the the nazis and the like. CASE CLOSED

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Everyone here agrees with you that global warming exists!

No-one is denying that fact at all!

What is being debated here is whether it is caused by humans or by natural causes - ie. a natural cycle.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Hey Just Great:

The only nut sack is you! Who gives a # how many classes you took!

Take a look at all the data. Not just the data from the past recent years. Look at the data from 100,000s of years ago. Look at the changes happening to every single planet in our solar system. The polar ice caps are melting on Mars too! How many people drive SUVs on Mars?

If people want to stop burning fossil fuels and creating large amount of man-made CO2, that is something we should do to improve our health, other species health, and the general health of the Earth. However, don't force it down our throats under the guise of a "greener earth will be much cooler and the ice caps will stop melting".

Increases in Solar (Sun Spots) activity cause the Earth's temps to rise...thus CO2 levels will rise! This is fact!

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I've seen an inconvenient truth a couple times. I thought the presentation was well done, but there was a big seed of doubt that I couldn't make go away.

I just couldn't find al gore convincing. The only impression I get from him is that of a charlatan, and I could not shake it. Something seemed wrong... I felt like I was witnessing a used car salesman.

Now that I'm hearing that the whole global warming thing is a plan by the elites to tax carbon it just sounds like another manipulation tool being pushed on the masses.

I can't argue the fact that it does seem possible if not probable that CO2 levels would follow temperature increases, rather than precede them.

I'm only about 10% convinced we need to worry about our "carbon footprint". I think that the real pollutants we already know about should be where our focus is.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   
My Opinion

99% of scientists think something and is later found out to be wrong.

peoples perceptions usually turn out to be wrong.

I'm no scientists but what both the pro and con people for global warming don't

have me convinced either is right.

maybe the Earth is a big fishbowl placed by a heater? huh

and thats my personal opinion

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Not only can CO2 levels follow the Earth Temp, but there is recorded data that shows there can even be an 800 year lag between the two. By reading ice core sample from the poles, they have recorded an 800 year duration when the CO2 levels rose or remained the same...yet Earths Temps fell dramatically. This is impossible if a rise in CO2 causes a rise in Earth Temp. You see, old Al Gore, who is not a scientist but just a politician, failed to merge the two graphs of CO2 and Temp together. He puposely keeps them apart so that it is impossible to see this 800 year lag. However, a few smart people did and it is quite easy to see he is full of BS.

We are about to start entering the Galactic Plane (2008-2014) and we will see a lot more changes soon. Yes, the Earth will continue to warm even if all man made CO2 had stopped 50 years ago. The main contributor to Earth CO2 levels is the Ocean, Volcanoes, Plant and Animal life, and then Humans!!

Our Solar System is entering of the Galatic Plane and this will cause very unusual conditions on all of the Planets.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by sowada_s
By reading ice core sample from the poles, they have recorded an 800 year duration when the CO2 levels rose or remained the same...yet Earths Temps fell dramatically. This is impossible if a rise in CO2 causes a rise in Earth Temp.

This is a red-herring. CO2 increases are caused by increasing temps, and CO2 also causes increasing temps.

I'm sure you accept that water vapour increases with increasing temps (as the atmosphere can hold more at higher temps), and also that water vapour is a greenhouse gas (i.e. causes increases temps). It the same type of process, a positive feedback.

The difference is that WV doesn't really accumulate the way CO2 does. CO2 hangs around for decades to hundreds of years, WV for a few days. Moroever, currently, CO2 is not acting as a positive feedback, we are releasing it. Although, it is possible for CO2 to be released from the oceans in a positive feedback to consolidate our emissions.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by dionysius9
I've seen an inconvenient truth a couple times. I thought the presentation was well done, but there was a big seed of doubt that I couldn't make go away.

I just couldn't find al gore convincing. The only impression I get from him is that of a charlatan, and I could not shake it. Something seemed wrong... I felt like I was witnessing a used car salesman.

HA HA. I like the way you put it. I don't trust Al any further than I can throw him. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by newkid

A guy put out a pretty good video on this very thing. There are also more videos he created to answer peoples questions. And in the very least, he is entertaining.

width="425" height="355"> "http://www.youtube.com/v/7oi8651Acu4&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355">[/url]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
The article says it all:

A first! Snow falls in Baghdad
By CHRISTOPHER CHESTER, Associated Press Writer

BAGHDAD - After weathering nearly five years of war, Baghdad residents thought they'd pretty much seen it all. But Friday morning, as muezzins were calling the faithful to prayer, the people here awoke to something certifiably new.

For the first time in memory, snow fell across Baghdad.

Although the white flakes quickly dissolved into gray puddles, they brought an emotion rarely expressed in this desert capital snarled by army checkpoints, divided by concrete walls and ravaged by sectarian killings — delight.

"For the first time in my life I saw a snow-rain like this falling in Baghdad," said Mohammed Abdul-Hussein, a 63-year-old retiree from the New Baghdad area.

"When I was young, I heard from my father that such rain had fallen in the early '40s on the outskirts of northern Baghdad," Abdul-Hussein said, referring to snow as a type of rain. "But snow falling in Baghdad in such a magnificent scene was beyond my imagination."

news.yahoo.com...

You know there's an issue when people in the desert don't believe in global warming.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Weather changes and has always changed. Snow here or floods there over the short term are meaningless. Even the warmies will tell you that the past 8 or so years we have had with little or no global temperature increase has little meaning in the overall scheme of things. People want to blame all temporary unusual weather patterns on global warming, which is just not the way it is. When you're looking at data over 100 years, 150 years or even centuries, today's weather is a very small event amongst many, many events. The same
daily observations could support global cooling if one desired to claim that based on daily weather patterns. Most of the meteorologists I have spoken with are undecided on climate change.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAvenger
People want to blame all temporary unusual weather patterns on global warming, which is just not the way it is. When you're looking at data over 100 years, 150 years or even centuries, today's weather is a very small event amongst many, many events. The same
daily observations could support global cooling if one desired to claim that based on daily weather patterns. Most of the meteorologists I have spoken with are undecided on climate change.

I think this is a good assessment and if I'd like to add climatologists will back that up. One thing I really appreciated when I took college Ecology a year ago, my professor was saying "maybe so, maybe not, hard to say". She doesn't believe we'll know until we have a few thousand years of data...so I guess we'll just have to wait.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
yet another extremely polarized black & white discussion.

While I dont believe in global warming and dont generally support anti-economy agendas, I think Al Gore & Co. are helpful anyway...helpful in teaching our children to behave more consciously and with more care in regards to trash & fumes and to prefer the smell of flowers to the smell of chimney stacks.

Even if Al Gore is completely wrong in some cases does not mean his movie does not have a positive impact on the youth.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
A new NASA-led study shows that human-caused climate change has impacted a wide range of Earth's natural systems, from permafrost thawing to plants blooming earlier across Europe to lakes declining in productivity in Africa.

Thats strait from nasa.com

all you ignorant people think your smarter than nasa? Get real, wake up, we're f'n up are planet and we will soon feel the repercussion of that.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
yet another extremely polarized black & white discussion.

While I dont believe in global warming and dont generally support anti-economy agendas, I think Al Gore & Co. are helpful anyway...helpful in teaching our children to behave more consciously and with more care in regards to trash & fumes and to prefer the smell of flowers to the smell of chimney stacks.

Even if Al Gore is completely wrong in some cases does not mean his movie does not have a positive impact on the youth.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to 'be green'. There IS something wrong with producing false data. As a moderator, what would you do if you found out someone was lying about a claim or picture they've made on ATS?

[edit on 2-6-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by euclid

The obvious flaw in that post, scientists are JUST now confirming the existence of ice on Mars. So how is it the ice caps are melting if we have yet to discover them?

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join