It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush 'planted fake news stories on American TV'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
This isn't surprising to me in the least.
I mean, if you've watched Fox news for more than a few minutes, you'll get a good whiff of what propaganda smells like.

The fact that the Bush administration paid other networks to air fake news, this is not surprising to me.

Good catch though... at least this time we can point to the fake news and declare it to be that without having to prove it.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
As much as I despise Bush, the title gives him WAY too much credit. Many threads make it look like Bush himself actually plans things and knows what he's doing, it's a joke. Bush couldn't plant a crap in the toilet without his handlers. Maybe at one point he was somewhat intelligent, but it really seems like he's had his brains sucked out and is now nothing more than a puppet. Maybe instead of planting news stories, he should have planted some WMD's in Iraq, that would make more sense to me.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I'm more and more amazed everyday concerning the lack of outrage by my fellow citizens. These phony media stories are just another example of the blatant criminality of this administration. Where are the protesters these days? I'd love to see a no T.V. day here in America. Let it be known by placing you television in the middle of our yards as a symbol of our disgust at the White House and the Media. Let us all wake up!!

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
The issue here is not who produces these VNRs, certainly the administration or corporations for that matter have the right to get out the message they would like the public to hear.

However, the problem arises when television stations use these blurbs as real news without full disclosure.

There was a rash of these cases a year or so ago when radio personalities reported stories they were paid by the government to report without without full disclosure.

If you're a journalist, I have just two words for you: Full disclosure.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Oh good grief.

CNN MSNBC and the Ney York Times do that crap all the time, nothing new.

Thank God for blogs that involve people from all over to point out the facts.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mek12
Where are the protesters these days?
I'd love to see a no T.V. day here in America.

There has not been a TV in my home in 5 years; before that it was against my will. It is all slated, jaded, and for profit; why would I expose my family to such trash? When I am in the presence of someone else's grid tied television, I tend to carry a grin to cover the condesending things I am not saying about the indoctrinating filth flowing before me.

the article mentioned by the OP is from 29 May 2006 and certainly not new news.

here is some more information from 2005:

www.commondreams.org...

www.nytimes.com...

from 2004:

www.guardian.co.uk...

Outfoxed - Rupert Murdoch's War on Journalism (2004) (available on google video)

Sri Oracle

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vipassana
It's really disappointing to know that many news companies and probably a lot more out there complied with the issuance of the propaganda. It may seem like a small crime at the time, but these news reports are eventually planted into the minds of millions of people. Anyone who helped with these broadcasts should feel very ashamed of themselves.

Any news personnel who come across propaganda in the here and now, especially with relation to Iran, should immediately resist and post a news story about the governments attempts to coerce. Unfortunately people are sell outs, regardless if it means we march towards WW3.

Say - doesn't FOX News do this all day, every day??

Jimbo

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Howdy yall,

I realize I'm a brand new member at this site and my opinion doesn't really count that much but I would like to throw in my own personal experience in regards to this topic. (I've gotta jump into the deep end at some point!) I grew up in a small town and it's a completely different life than what the cities have to offer. Up until I was in my 3rd year of college I had no doubt that the news was just that, the news. Everything they reported on was real... I had no reason to believe otherwise. I learn that yeah, what they reported was true... in a sense. My 3rd year of college I was called up to do my part and they flew me over into the "sandbox." It was an eye opening experience. While serving I had the opportunity to meet people who lived in what seemed like a completely different world than me. They had completely different ideals and outlooks on the world than I did. Regardless of my views it was refreshing to finally understand first hand how similar a completely different culture was to my own. Similar in the fact that we were both people with feelings and beliefs worth dying for in our own respective perspectives. I carried on with my assignments and saw many things that I, at the time, had no idea were "news worthy."

Anyway, after I had been in the middle of it all for a while I visited a tent where they had satellite TV going and I was watching Fox News. They were covering events that I had witnessed first hand and some events where I knew exactly what had happened. It wasn't that the stories they were telling were lies... it's just that they were different. The camera angles on some shots glorified certain situations. What they were shooting really happened, but they didn't appear to happen exactly as the news channel reported. Again they weren't lying about anything, they were just being extremely politically correct about everything said. I don't disagree with that approach because it has to be done in order to protect the integrity of the missions and the parties involved. But it was enlightening in a way because I've never watched the news again in the same light. The truth is there and they weren't lies, you just have to watch with an open mind and sort of piece the details together.

I did learn however that I don't know everything so I'm not quick to judge those who make the calls... maybe they are made for a reason. Maybe a reason that isn't intended for personal gain or interest but for the interest of a greater good. We can't know every detail of what is going on because there is so much intel that it's humanly impossible to comprehend all of it even if it was available for everyone to know. I do believe that good will always win at some point. Maybe that belief is my weakness, but it is the one thing that can't be taken from me... my ability to choose to believe in the good. I'm glad that there is so much interest in the welfare of everyone and that we don't just take what is given us as the definite truth in all occasions. This, to me, is a sign that we care about each other and we do give a hoot about our future as a society. So keep up the good work and always question, but do so without a selfish intent.

Ok those are my two cents. Yall have an outstanding rest of the day!

Nyseian

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Ok look, all of you will think I am tripping but back about 4 years ago, on CNN as I was watching it, a news blurb flashed up on the screen and it said that Bin Laden was captured, I mean I thought I was seeing things but it flashed up plain as day with his picture and everything and the caption was under it....but it was quickly removed, it stayed up on the screen for possibly 4 or 5 seconds....if anyone, knows of this or possibly knows anyone that saw it, it needs investigation, it was sort of like the breaking news type caption but like I said it was quickly removed...it was not a commercial or advertisement for an upcoming segment either, it was almost like a mistake...

[edit on 15-10-2007 by phinubian]

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimbo999
Say - doesn't FOX News do this all day, every day??

The answer to that question is no.

You've just been spoiled by the leftist media to the point that you no longer recognize objectivity and just repeat what you've heard other say about Fox.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

You've just been spoiled by the leftist media to the point that you no longer recognize objectivity and just repeat what you've heard other say about Fox.

Any you have been sucked in by the Rush myth of "drive by media" when in reality you have this..........

www.thenation.com...

Doesn't look that leftist to me.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Any you have been sucked in by the Rush myth of "drive by media" when in reality you have this..........

I don't listen to Rush.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Maybe the "controlled media " should be beaten in the streets that they report in. They are liars and tools used in our brainwashing. Lets kill the messenger. Then we can kill the rest of the liars at the top.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I would figure a fair amont of people know this by now. It should be brought out into the open more, so thanks for posting.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Well I think, in the beginning, people were taken in by him but now they are getting to know how this administration operates. What's that old saying????

Oh yeah,

"There's an old saying in Tennessee—I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee—that says, fool me once, shame on—shame on you. Fool me—you can't get fooled again."

Yep

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
The only REAL REALITY SHOWS are found on ESPN. Sports is sports.....no politics, just me vs. you.

Stop watching FOX, CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS.............and start watching more sports!!!!!!

How about them Cowboys.........!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I know they sucked this weekend.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
The Evil Bush and his people.

He's at it again...But...only here on ATS do we know the truth.

Nope, we're not sucked in by the left-wing-right-wing-drive-by-conservative-talk-radio people.

We can pick out what evil bush is doing every day. He can't pull the wool over the eyes of ATS'rs.

O-M-G...

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
My toilet is backed up, it must be Bush's fault.

Some people here need to get a grip on reality.

[edit on 16-10-2007 by 4thDoctorWhoFan]

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Happens all the time, everywhere that has a newspaper.

The best way to do this and they do it all the time, is to buy advert space. The advert is then produced and presented like it is news, with it taking up the whole page - nobody will know different. Very easily done.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   
it would not be news if it happened all the time. in fact there are some fairly strict laws (if of course they are enforced) prohibiting exactly this sort of thing.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join