Bush 'planted fake news stories on American TV'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+8 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 12:59 AM
link   
FTA:

Federal authorities are actively investigating dozens of American television stations for broadcasting items produced by the Bush administration and major corporations, and passing them off as normal news. Some of the fake news segments talked up success in the war in Iraq, or promoted the companies' products.

news.independent.co.uk...

This is something new, never heard of this one before. More evidence, showing the Administrations clever tactics on American minds.

---------------------------------
replaced quote with 'ex' tags

[edit on 15/10/07 by masqua]

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I just read the piece. The tactic/strategy is the sleaze one might expect from organized criminals manipulating a populace for their own selfish purposes. I'm glad that the players are American biz-sleaze... makes it easier to dismiss the madness and moves the perception of America to wack from merely foolish and brash in international opinion. Goebbels ain't got nuthin' on these slime-wad liars. News... uh, yeah sure.

Cheers,

Vic

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Flagged, starred, stumbled. Next thing they ought to do is investigate newspapers printing faux news articles. Pretty sure there's plenty of those happening.

Journalism has gone down the gutters.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Does it really surprise anyone?
I mean, isnt that what 'propaganda' is all about?

Private Lynch is a PRIME example of the administrations use of 'false' stories to continue the drive for WAR!

In my opinion, they will react in exactly the same way they reacted to the stories about:

911 warnings
Iraq WMD evidence
Saddam + Alqaeda evidence

'' We believed the intel we were handed at the time, it was sound intel based on difficult decisions from intellegence officers doing risky jobs. We have faith in our intellegence community and the intel they provide, and all we should focus on, is ensuring democracy succeeds and that we support the elected government of Iraq ''

and with that, the case will be closed.

they'll get away with it, because there's to many 'idiots' willing to believe it.

Nazi propaganda 101...

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Does it really surprise anyone?
I mean, isnt that what 'propaganda' is all about?

No. It doesn't surprise me one bit and yes it is how propaganda works. But the important point to note here is that it has been officially acknowledged by investigators from the Federal Communications Commission by the very act of it being investigated.

That alone makes this news report stand out and provide a sort of confirmation to what has long been suspected. Suspicion alone just won't cut it, if you believe in due process.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Thats true,
its being looked into, but I fear that wont amount to much.
Its a small needle, in a stack of nails... when all you wanna do is hammer!

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 02:30 AM
link   
wag...the dog....

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 03:03 AM
link   
It's really disappointing to know that many news companies and probably a lot more out there complied with the issuance of the propaganda. It may seem like a small crime at the time, but these news reports are eventually planted into the minds of millions of people. Anyone who helped with these broadcasts should feel very ashamed of themselves.

Any news personnel who come across propaganda in the here and now, especially with relation to Iran, should immediately resist and post a news story about the governments attempts to coerce. Unfortunately people are sell outs, regardless if it means we march towards WW3.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I think it shows that there are organizations in America who are very much aware of how the Bush administration works. They do not consider it conspiracy theories. That is a important step in my opinion.

Glad to hear these news.

[edit on 15-10-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

There was no need for official confirmation.....Everyone in their right mind knew this was going on.It's has already been pointed out that the whole Lynch thing was B.S.That was plenty enough convincing for me.

Not to mention it's always been right there in our face and i think everyone on this website has talked about Bush propaganda.So this arrticly is nice to verify but we have had this verification around for a long time now.

If an official report was put out saying humans must eat to survive you would not care becuase it is obvious and you already know.'

Needless to say confirmation is good in any situation,but cmon really....The goverment basically admittted it with the whole Jessica Lynch thing,that wasn't confirmation enough?

[edit on 15-10-2007 by Project_Silo]

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 03:25 AM
link   
We should be outraged but we're not. A lot of us here at ATS one end of the spectrum or another know this is going on with a number of different topics. I think "sensationalism" has a lot to do with it as well.

For instance, a friend of mine was floating down this completely docile and shallow river where I live and they decided to get out of their canoes. My friend Eric wasn't watching his canoe and it pulled it down river. Somebody on a bridge saw it, called police just to be sure nobody was injured or hurt and while my friend was fishing it out of some brush he was assisted by a policeman. No big deal at all.

Local news gets there and it's this HUGE story about how police and firemen teamed up in this intense effort save my friend Eric from drowning. They had interviews with a policeman and a fire official and it was so amazingly exaggerated I laughed out loud when I was told the real story.

Ratings talk. Reality doesn't.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Seriously,This is Bushcos policy,to make fake news stories.And its been going on since at least 05,according to the Washington Post:

" Then at the mid-day briefing, Press Secretary Scott McClellan officially confirmed that the White House is blowing off the Government Accountability Office's finding that prepackaged administration video news releases constitute illegal covert propaganda.

Prepackaged Video Reports
Here's Brian Williams on the NBC Nightly News last night: "If the White House is struggling with the public relations effort in the Middle East, here at home some say they are perfecting the craft of public relations disguised as news -- and it's getting a lot of air time."

Then Andrea Mitchell reported that "for millions of viewers, the government has found the best way to spin the news is to produce the stories itself. . . .

"On issues from Medicare to farm prices, hundreds of local stations are running stories extolling Bush administration policies, reaching tens of millions of people.

"But all these reports were written and distributed by the administration and its public relations firms -- not by journalists." "

www.washingtonpost.com...

That article was published in March 2005.

[edit on 15-10-2007 by Silcone Synapse]

----------------------------------
replaced quote with 'ex' tags

[edit on 15/10/07 by masqua]

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 05:08 AM
link   
More evidence of an appending dictatorship (Marshal Law)

Not much different than China, Russia, NK, Iran...

Its called 'state controlled media' and its only the beginning!

[edit on 15-10-2007 by SmokeyJo]

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beachcoma

Journalism has gone down the gutters.

Or perhaps from the gutters to the sewers...

Public broadcasting is the only way to go!

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 05:34 AM
link   
LOL this sort of stuff doesn´t surprise me at all...

I don´t see TV news anymore its full of crap like this...

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I am shocked !

not by the story or the manufactured news

but the way it is presented , and recieved here @ ATS

do you really think this is new ? and that the GW Bush admin is the first to have ever done it ?

this is not the damming indictment of the Bush presidency or administration that people seem to be portraying it as

so drop the fake indignation and outrage

if anything i blame the press , what happened to fact checking and counter-point ?

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
if anything i blame the press , what happened to fact checking and counter-point ?

All that goes away when you have media owned by private citizens such as Robert Murdoch.

As you can see, his views are pretty much consistent with what is in the media.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I'm sorry but this is not new news. I think most here know that most news is propaganda.
Stay away from cable news and watch local news if you HAVE to know whats going on where you live.
Forget the rest.

How many lies do you want to hear?

To Ignorant Ape-
This is Bush's policy, to continue the lies and throwing out fake news which would benefit him and his. There's been damage control before by all presidents- THAT IS DIFFERENT than to outright make up LIES to gain the support of the people (which doesnt work, BTW).

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 05:54 AM
link   

All that goes away when you have media owned by private citizens such as Robert Murdoch.

Or Silvio Berlusconi

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Get ride of your cable, I did and I feel great! Oh and saving that 60 dollars every month is pretty nice too!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join