It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Consciousness never dies. It lives forever.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 12:33 AM
link   
This is one of my pet theories.

If there is interest from ATS members to discuss this, I would like to contribute whole heartedly to my thoughts.

However, if this thread results in "Personal insinuation" then it is not worth my while.

Consciousness never dies. It lives forever.
is a philosophical inquest not search for scientific evidence.

There are many such theories floating around but the one i propose is original and if there is any parallel, it is purely coincidental.

If I receive response to espouse my theory,

(Mod edit-please ask permission before promoting other sites, do this via suggestions found in menber center)

[edit on 3-2-2008 by asala]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I don't know about 'conciousness' but I know that me and you and everyone else will never get truly lost.

think about it like this

At one point, you were 2 seperate little organisms, a sperm and an egg, when the sperm and the egg combined, that is when 'conception' is thought to have happened, you start to exist. you gain nutrients from your mother, which makes you bigger (see, nothing is being created or destroyed...) 9 months pass you exit your mothers womb, you keep eating keep nourishing yourself. you go through your life like this and you die. this doesn't mean that you don't exist anymore. you are just a corpse. Imagine you are not in modern times where people are buried. a time long ago, when the dead were left to rot. what makes things rot? little insects and bacteria, you are now acting as nutrition for the insects and bacteria, and then these things get eaten and you are the food of the food.

so i believe you are right. we do not ever die. we are not just our mind and our brain, we are our bodies. our bodies are made of cells. when we die these cells can act as food for other organisms or they will go somewhere since matter cannot be created or destroyed. Maybe when we die we might become aware of each cell that we are made up of... what happens then i don't know, i have never died.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I think of that ever lasting part as our spirit, our energy, our personality. Because my field of study and work is psychology, hypnosis and NLP - I can't lable it as a conscious. But the Rieki part of me and the experienced 'paranormal wierd part' of me goes toward the energy ect.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Just being able to type this message out makes you the life lottery winner.
A bijjilion chances of not being who you are. But you are. Make the best of it regardless.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I have to tell you, I am certainly no where near perfect, but I wouldn't trade being me for anyone else... I guess that is like winning the life lotto ticket.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Oh how the ego doth try to instantiate its very own immortality.

However, it is inevitable, his destiny will emerge. And the ego shall not cross the collective infinity of the abyss.

The individual becomes the collective.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Does a butterfly not gloat in it's own existense and gentle wind. Cut the hater stuff.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Annihilator

Hey, if you haven't heard about it already and are still interested in the idea of bacteria and a sort of consciousness that develops and grows into other things and kind of the soupy mess of it all and thought clear down to the cellular level, and how these cells behave, organize, evolve, and the similarities in human behavior etc...you may really enjoy this book: "The Lucifer Principle" by Howard Bloom. What a great read! Perhaps you have read it already? anyway, FWI since I enjoyed reading your post

new topics

top topics

join