It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just bought my girlfriend a wedding ring. Any suggestions for method of delivery?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Yes, you heard it here first brothers and sisters. Don Wahn has indeed purchased his girlfriend of 6 years an engagement ring.

Now I am a creative guy and all, but if anyone has any ideas for delivery of this magnificent piece of jewelry, I would LOVE to hear some suggestions.

Please feel free to give me the most sane or outlandish ideas, as I need to make a decision pretty soon. I cant take having this thing in my posession and not on her finger.

[edit on 10/14/07 by Don Wahn]

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Never having been the lucky recipient of an engagement ring I don't know what a good delivery method would be.

Can't help you with that, but I would like to offer my congratulations!

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Woah don congratulations.. thats a big step

i dont really have any suggestions but good luck man

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Thanks for the well wishes MM and Phantom. It is definitely a big step, but Ive held out for too long. Time to man up and do the deed.

I'm sure that both of you are creative enough to come up with some obscure way for me to ask her. Any and all suggestions are welcome. Even if they are so crazily outlandish that no one in their right mind would ever ask someone that way, I still want to hear them. I figure if there are 5 suggestions, hopefully at least 1 could be remotely contemplated.

Women: What would you want?
Men: What would you do

I got step 1 done, if BTS can help me with step 2, then step 3 is all I need to worry about

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Hello, first let me say congratulations.

Well I don’t know really what to say. I was proposed too during a picnic. It was a surprise I had no clue he was going to ask me to marry him. He asked me to a picnic on a date, I accepted. During the picnic he proposes to me. It was really sweet and nice.

Some men cooks dinner, some takes her to a fancy restaurant. It’s really a personal choice there. I heard I guy put the ring in ice and the ice in her drink. I don’t know how that turned out though.

Some goes on a small cruise to propose. Well however you do it have fun. Good luck.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Congrats Don!!!
After 6 years you must have some insight into what she likes and what she considers romantic. Would she want you to propose in front of a room full of people in a restaurant? Or completely in private?Has she dropped any hints over the years?
Is she the type that would want you to get down on one knee to ask her? (I personally think that is ridiculous, but some women like it.)
Does she have any clue that you have it?Think hard about this one.If you have changed your behaviour even slightly...as in the.." I have a secret" kinda thing...she WILL pick up on that vibe...so any surprise you try to plan may be foiled already.
Just a u2u away if you want any more suggestions...
Good luck Don!

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Chuck the at her and as she catches it say "yes or no"..........lol who said romance is dead

Congratultions .....i think you know in yourself what kind of setting it should be.

Then get down on bended knee and ask her,and pray she doesnt say no

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Congrats! I wish you a lifetime of joy with your bride to be.

Now how to deliver the goods, eh? Hmmmmmmm.................
Let's see................
The perfect way to propose..................

Hmmmmm................

Like you could put that fancy ring in a piece of her food, and be like all romantic and stuff and gently feed it to her. Then when she breaks her tooth on that fancy ring you can rush her to the dentist. Then like when she's sittin' in that dentist chair, you can say - "Listen to me. You better be sure that you never hurt me or else!" Then you wave that dentist drill in front of her face, revvin' it up and stuff so like that dentists drill is goin' WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...........
Then say "Got it?"
I bet she would be so surprised!
Man - now that's romantic and stuff!

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   
12 guage should do it!!

You get less for murder!!

:shk:

If you know she's gunna say yes, then do it in the busiest public place you can find like a library and ask her with a bull horn!!

MonKey

May the force be with you!!

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   
hows this?
i will tell you what i did and maybe you can modify it...it worked really well and it was a suprise.....

first, does she wear any rings? that would help

she had been wearing a pink saphire ring i got her. i came home one day with this bottle of jewelry cleaner with some story of how i got it for cheap to clean our stuff.
i asked if i could have her ring to try and clean it and she popped it off and gave it to me.
i waited a minute and said ok and then went to put it back on her, but put on the engagement ring instead.....
as soon as she looked down she started breathing heavy and that....it was great.

she a heavy sleeper?

slip it on her finger while she is sleeping, and then write 'will you marry me' on the bathroom mirrir or something.....she'll notice the rock during her morning routine

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Get a prenuptual agreement.. Tell her to meet you at your place and lead her in the bedroom with page after page of the prenup. As soon as she's collected every page and signed, pop the question. You can send the check to.....

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Well…when I proposed to my wife...

I took her on little trip to Myrtle Beach, SC. In one of the shopping centers they have a large lake with bridges and tons of floral decorations where you can take a gondola ride. They even have the Italian guy on the back rowing and singing while you take the ride. We went at dusk one evening and as we were going under a bridge I got down and asked her to marry me.

I must say she was very happy and I was pretty pleased with myself as well.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
dude, you could always propose to her when jaws pops out of the water[/mallrats]

thats the most romantic thing

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Congrats bro'.

It's hard to come up with something truly original. I'm gonna have to think about this awhile.

Peace

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Nice! This is exactly what I was looking for. Peoples past experiences of proposal are just the leads that I need.

Shar - I had given that one some thought, but up here at mile-high I think that my picnic timeframe has passed.

AD - The restaurant idea is up there pretty high on the totem. She is kind of shy, but if I announced my unabashed love for her to a bunch of strangers, I think she would really like that.

NBAYSOH -
Hilarious

Lombozo - I had thought of the food thing, but I was going to warn her before she chomped down on the carbon carats (or lack thereof). Now thats a good way to get some leverage

Chikey - The bullhorn is not such a bad idea. I might run with it after a little bit or variation on my part

Boondock - I really dig your ideas. Unfortunately for me, she doesnt wear a whole lot of finger adornments and she is a super light sleeper. Maybe is I spike her din din with some nyquill I could pull the latter suggestion off.

nyk - If I hadnt spent my allowance on the ring I might have tried something similar. I am working on a budget now. If it worked for you, it must be a good idea.

Deadflag - I'm looking to get married, not divorced. Maybe if my net worth could be counted on more than fingers and toes that would be a good idea. No stadium status here...

I know the Dr of Love has to have some tricks up his sleeve, they dont call you that for no reason, right?

Seriosuly everyone, I really appreciate the congrats and the suggestions. Keep them coming as you guys provide great ideas for my delivery method. I'll let you all know how I end up doing the deed, and I promise I wont get too lovey-dovey-mushy on you

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
personally, i was never to keen on doing it in public because i think it is such a thing between the two of you that it should be handled that way..also, you never know for sure....you don't want her to be embarrased or anything you know?

i have always liked the suprise aspect....
i bet you could slip a ring on her finger...

do you two hold each other while you go to sleep?

my wife either go to bed together or i lie down with her while she goes to sleep. kinda put my arm around her and sometimes hold/masage her hand/fingers real lightly....

you could pull that off.

you put a dollip of baby oil on the ring and kinda have it on your leg as you are masagingher hand...as she is fading and not thinking about it, not out and 'jumpy, you just massage that baby right on....

think about it...especially if she is not a ring wearer...she gets up and goes to wash her hands/face, whatever and looks down cause she feels this unknown think on her hand, only to find out it is a shiny friggin rock given to her by the most romantic dude around....
and then she looks up. there is the question.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
For god's sake don't do what I did. Original and practical but not romantic. "Why don't we get married this year? Then I can claim you on my taxes." THAT didn't go over well. I still hear about it but after 18 years it must have worked.

How about a little "treasure hunt"? Leave written clues around the house leading to the next clue. With each clue leave a little something. A piece of chocolate(don't diss me ladies, you know you want chocolate), a rose, etc. Once she gets to the finale, have a little note in the ring box, "Will you marry me?" Don't follow her around, let her get with this alone.

Hmm, I think I'm getting better with age.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Don Wahn

I'm sure that both of you are creative enough to come up with some obscure way for me to ask her. Any and all suggestions are welcome. Even if they are so crazily outlandish that no one in their right mind would ever ask someone that way, I still want to hear them. I figure if there are 5 suggestions, hopefully at least 1 could be remotely contemplated.

don alright i got to thinkin and i got one that might be funny but it could scratch the ring up or something so you can put it in a bag..

you can do this in the morning before she walks to her car for work or after work when she walks to her car

you could put the ring in a plastic bag and then put a fish hook through it and and dangle it somewhere where she would see, on the floor by her car or something, then reel it in and hopefully she follows it to you and then you get down one knee and propose

haha just something i thought real quick

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Don Wahn

it all depends on the type of women this lovely lucky lady is. cater the delivery to her

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Put it on your pinky toe. Then after a long day of wearing the same shoes and socks, ask her to massage your feet. It works best if you wear synthetic leather shoes instead of real leather....you get the full effect that way.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join