It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man dies after tazer incident at Vancouver airport

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by BitRaiser
Finally, I have a challenge:
If you really believe that being shot in the foot is safer than being tazered, let's head out into a field and try it. You can tazer me, I'll shoot you.
Sound like fun?

oh boy, logical fallacies to boot! let's assume that the "test" person also has a heart condition, and a pacemaker.

Now which is better, getting shot in the foot or getting tased? Keep in mind, police do not ask for a medical background before shooting either gun or taser.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by scientist

ROFL!

Yer kidding, right?

Are you going to suggest that if someone has a heart condition that shooting them in the foot wouldn't potentially be lethal?

Again, I'm not saying that Tazers are safe.
I'm saying they are a safer option (to the majority of the public) than anything else the police currently have and that to suggest that shooting someone is safer than tazering them is... ah... stupid.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Well... the other thread was closed by a certain simian staff member, it being a duplicate and all, so I guess I'm left to post this here.

Originally posted by stellawayten
... get rid of these tasers? They are obviously as deadly as a gun.

Not according to the article...

"Based on our review of the B.C. coroner's service and past cases where individuals have died following the use of a Taser, what we've seen is they are usually due to a pre-existing medical condition or the use or abuse of legal or illegal drugs. The Tasers have not contributed to the actual death."
* emphasis mine

I wonder how they would affect an individual with say... a pacemaker or other impanted electrical device. (?)

Physical restraint, to include actual handcuffs, seems to have worked well for many a year, why the sudden need for zappers and zip strips ?

... more effective and efficient, or are they but another sign of the times to "get used to"?

Me? I'm just seeing more and more situations whereas the individual could have been cuffed and stuffed [in the backseat], but instead the attending enforcement personal seem all too quick to Zap and zip strip... THEN it's back to business as usual with regards to processing and overall handling of the individual/situation.

It'll be interesting to see who this person was and Why the situation came to be in the first place, that is if it gets any further print or media coverage.

$.02

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
its seems that there has been more than one case of "excited delirium" being the cause of death after someone has been stuck with a tazer..now is this just a nice way of saying "we did it but we will blame this on someone/thing else." ? seems like it to me. what was the blonde cop doing driving that batton where the man was lying doing? anyone figure that one out? could head trauma be the cause of death. you can seriously believe that a 40 man could distress these trained policemen so much that their physical strength couldn't contain him without the use of electric shock. taser=torture. i can understand if it was the other way around. 4 men and one cop. he'd probably reach for his/her gun by that point but in this case it seems to me like it is senseless torture that killed the man. not this re-occuring case of "excited delirium".

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I was just watching fox news and this story was on.

www.foxnews.com...

[edit on 21-6-2010 by jessieg]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join