It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
We in America live in an Empire, a federally controlled police state. It’s not coming, it’s not threatening to be, and it’s already here.

The republic is dead. Not sick, not dying, not failing, or in a gradual decline, not waiting to be resuscitated, but already stone cold dead.

It’s easy to believe this, we have a administration that chooses to not enforce laws of the land [immigration laws] to honor treaties that are decades old [Geneva Conventions] among others. In my eyes they are criminals, in my eyes they are the biggest threat to the Constitution of the United States of America. But the threat to the Constitution is over, because the thing that made our nation Great no longer applies, it is just a God Darn piece of paper.

There seems to be no effective way to save or restore the republic, no way for any individual to even begin to solve the problem of our late 20th and early 21st century imperialism. I tend to agree, and the wisest observers in these pages warn, as Chris Floyd does, "It is pointless ¬ and counterproductive ¬ to simply throw yourself under the wheels of such a monstrous machine in futile spasms of rage and despair. The machine doesn't care. It will gladly chew up your life and move on."

What must we do to restore our beloved repubilic? I want to know When Will We Have Had Enough?

wow I hope this works

What is your opinion of these things? Are we really beyond the point of no return?

In survival situations

A book I read a few years ago, entitled Deep Survival, by Laurence Gonzales, offers a helpful perspective on our current condition. In studying the question of who lives and who dies in extreme survival conditions, Gonzales found that survivors shared a sense that, in fact, they were not going to live. While they wanted to live, to go home again, and to be secure ¬ they recognized that they were so royally and absolutely FUBAR'ed that they would die, probably quickly and perhaps horribly.
Now, obviously those who actually died in these disasters could not be interviewed, but the behaviors and actions of those who lived and those who died were measurably different. The survivors recognized the ugly truth of their own imminent death quickly ¬ and this early recognition of reality ¬ however harsh and frightful and depressing it may have been ¬ was also at once incredibly liberating, in some ways exhilarating.

The survivors tended to reach this point of reality sooner than did the victims. They grieved for themselves, their hoped-for futures, their now impossible dreams. Then they rolled up their sleeves and got started on the hard, and very likely pointless, work of survival.
Living In An Imperial World

We have lost the freedom of speech. We have lost freedom of association. We have lost freedom of information, we have lost the right to legal representation, we have lost the right for a speedy trial, we are no longer protected from unreasonable searches, We no longer have liberty we can be jailed without trial with no legal representation.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Good post.

Woodrow Wilson signed the US over decades ago. The effects were just too slow to be noticed until it was too late. It seems the rest of the "civilized" world is already in a police state as well, judging by current events.

Not much we can do to stop it now, but with the proper perspective we can get through it. I got over fear of death and other such things years ago so I'm mentally prepared. No panicking here when it all goes down.

Survival is overrated anyway. How much of our dignity will we give up for a few more years of life on this rock?

Live free.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Kruel

You have to go back farther than that.

We became an empire as soon as the north overruled the states' RIGHT to secede from the union.

The north overtook the south by force and made them as one against the will of the people. That is imperialism.

Jasn

join