It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Here...A Question that May seem Odd...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Hi, I'm new here...I found this forum while I was looking for an answer to a question that's bugged me for nearly a decade.

When I was nine years old, I saw something that I, nor anyone else, has been able to explain scientifically.
I was outside on evening, around 10:00pm. (It was summer, so I know it had to be about 10 or 10:30, because it was pretty dark out, save the street lamps.)
I was walking up the street with my sister, who was 11, and a couple of our friends, who were about 12 and 13. We had gotten to a pretty dark part of the street, and were headed toward a street lamp, when, about 30-50 yards in front of us, just past the street lamp, this THING comes jogging out, into the open. It's really hard to explain, but it was like the shadow of a human, but it had no features. I want to say it was a man, simply because it was tall and shapeless. It appeared to be wearing a widebrimmed hat on it's head, and was running in extreme slow motion, that I cannot begin to duplicate. It looked so unearthly. As it ran, it appeared double jointed in every part of it's body, because it just moved it's arms and shoulders as though they were hanging loose. It disappeared between two trailers, and just as we started to talk, it reappeared and ran back the way it came, in an identical fashion.
We freaked out and tore back to the trailer, where we got our friends' mom to walk back up the street, to see if she saw it, but it didn't come back. I can't find any legends or folklore to match what we saw. Has anyone else seen, or heard about such a creature? Please help!
Thanks --
Eve

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
From the first part of your description, it sounds exactly like the famous 'shadow people'. Try doing a search on the forums, we have a few interesting threads pon the subject, and at least one good photo.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I remember reading about bipeds somewhere on ATS. The person saw two things that seemed to fit your description. He reffered toone as intelligent and the other less smart. I can't find the thread, but maybe someone else will. Sorry I couldn't find it.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Creepy description, really. This top pic looks exactly like what I was envisioning during your story.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I got a mental image and it's giving me the creeps just thinking about it!

But yes, it definitely sounds like a shadow person...of course, wow, wearing a wide brimmed hat? Very odd.

Now why would a Shadow Person need to walk? I thought they floated...could they even get any traction?

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   
As stated above, it sounds like a shadow person. I've heard of newspaper carriers seeing them quite often. I guess because of the time of day that they're out. One even says that he regularly sees a whole neighborhood of them. They don't seem to know that he's there, so maybe they're just kind of like a recording of what was going on years ago, or possibly what's going on in the future?

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I found this. Most comonly reported^^

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Im totally going to go with shadow person on this one seeing as that's what it sounds like and that was a pretty cool picture, corbin dalus.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Wow!. "Hat Man" If we're seeing stuff like that, it's got be be that we're somehow creating these things and projecting them either physically or otherwise into the environment. Weird.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Wowww. I got the creeps just thinking about it. That's absolutely terrifying. I'd definitely go with the shadow people theory.

I've actually seen the hooded one with my own eyes, and it's making a lot more sense now that I saw the picture.

Thanks for sharing!

join