It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

shaking bed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Sometimes my bed shakes right before I go to bed, and my brother says his does too. He tells me it is just my grandfather (who died before I was born) shaking our beds to let us know he's there. I'm not sure if it is my grandfather or why it shakes. Please can someone give me a reasonable explanation or why it is a passed away family member shaking my bed?

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Buy a camcorder, film it .. and then we can discuss it
I would love to see something like that IRL. It shouldnt be a problem to film a roumbling bed. And if the camera makes it stop, then great .. problem solved..

Btw: film the whole bed, not just parts of it. I wanna see the whole bed shake.

If you dont have money for a camcorder to film this once in a lifetime to be world famous, borrow one from a friend...

[edit on 14-10-2007 by tep200377]

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
My grandmother has seen ghosts in her house and they shake her bed all the time. I don't know what the meaning is but just thought I would let you know that someone else has experienced this.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Most of the time I feel it, but don't see it.
Plus it's very soft as if someone barely bumped into it or something.
About the video camera idea, I don't have one, I don't have enough money for one, and none of my friends have one.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I don't think it would be a ghost because I've never seen any in my house, but thanks for trying. I feel a bit better that someone else experiences it also.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
put a glass of water on a dresser or even the floor, when the bed shakes see if the water is rippling, a large truck or train driving by might be shaking whole house not just bed.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I might try putting a glass of water on my dresser and see if ripples form, but my brother is the only other person who feels it sometimes, and he's never felt it at the same time I have, so I don't think anything is shaking the house.

I personally think it's my grandfather shaking my bed sometimes.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
It could just be your heartbeat. Seriously. When I lay on my bed, my bed moves strictly from my heartbeat. Shakes in unison.

Take care,

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Sometimes, I do notice my heartbeat better when I'm relaxing. That is very likely the cause.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I have lived on the same piece of land my entire life (22 years) and we used to live in a trailer house before our current house was built. The trailer house was extremely creepy. I recall MANY paranormal instances happening in that place. My sister and I both recall a shaking bed. In my parents’ bedroom they had a California King (large bed/mattress) and my sister and I would always go in there to play on the bed or watch TV. Since it was such a large bed we could fight on it, jump up and down, etc without fear of falling off. Many times we would feel the bed shake for no apparent reason while we were watching a movie or cartoons. It wasn't violently shaking or anything. Most people would assume it was the washing machine or something shaking the house but that was never the case.

I recall one day playing outside the house with my Tonka Trucks while mom was sitting in a chair reading. My sister was at school and my father was at work. Mom and I both heard what sounded like someone was running through the house. It seemed like someone just ran from one end of the trailer house to the other. My mother gathered up enough nerve to investigate and there was no one in the house. The front door was locked and no windows were broken. We live out in the sticks so of course we would have seen someone approach the property or heard the dogs bark and all of our neighbors are at least 300-500 feet away.

One night my sister and I were in the living room playing and mom was in the kitchen cleaning. She had a large metal bowl sitting on the counter and it had bleach water in it. She was about to use it to clean the floors I suppose. She claims it was sitting away from the edge but the bowl flew off and landed on the floor next to her splashing the bleach/water on her and the floor.

There have been many instances where bottles would come crashing down off the top of the fridge when someone would walk into the kitchen. They were never kept near the edge so it couldn't have been caused by the vibrations. My mother recalls one time when the cover to the thermostat popped off as she was walking by.

By far the creepiest experience I've ever had in that place was when my parents’ door slammed shut one night. My sister and I were once again playing in the living room and mom was sitting on the couch watching TV. Out of no where my parents’ door slammed shut hard as if someone had put their whole body into it. My father was in there sleeping so naturally my mother assumed it was him. She went in there to see why he had slammed the door. It woke him up so he opened it and came out thinking mom had slammed it.

My mother said she doesn't know how many times she would have to come into my room because I was screaming bloody murder. She told me that I always claimed there was someone in there with me. Yeah, it's natural for a child to be scared of the dark, but she said some nights I was so terrified I would charge down the hall into her room. I don't know if it was my active imagination or perhaps something otherworldly.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I had an imaginary friend growing up and his name was Benson. Mom said I would ALWAYS be playing with Benson. She would walk into the room and ask me who I was talking to and of course I said I was just playing with Benson. I know it's perfectly normal for a child to have an imaginary friend but this relationship always made mom a bit curious. Mom tossed down a major what if one time and said maybe Benson was a ghost.

My room just so happened to be the room where the water heater was. There was a panel that you could remove to allow access to the water heater. One evening the water heater caught fire and burned part of the wall. My parents were able to extinguish the blaze with water hoses. The room was repaired and such and the whole damn place burned down a year or so later. We moved into a smaller trailer house that was placed not too far from the current house. Needless to say we did not experience any paranormal events in the newest trailer house. I felt perfectly comfortable in that place. However, I never felt safe in the old trailer house. I don’t know if it was the spooky stuff or perhaps the water heater incident that made me afraid of the place. Ever since that trailer house burned down I have yet to have a paranormal event take place (knock on wood). I even lost Benson when the house burned down. Hrmm…

Anywho, I am going back to bed. I have midterms to study for in the AM. I apologize for intruding on your thread. The shaking bed story of yours reminded me of my own childhood.

P.S. Excuse the typos and whatnot. It's early in the morning and I wasn't able to sleep so I got up to cruise ATS. :|

[edit on 10/15/2007 by BrandonK]

[edit on 10/15/2007 by BrandonK]

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Thanks Brandon K.
Those stories about your childhood were really great. My bed doesn't shake during the daytime, just before I go to bed sometimes. When it does shake, though, it's like a light tap, like you said yours were.

They don't bother me much, I just want to know what causes it or may cause it.

By the way, Brandon, those stories about Benson were very interesting, but I don't understand how the heater lit on fire or how your house burned down.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Its possible that its one of the signs of getting close to have a OBE, it may seem and look as if it really is shaking, but it probably isn't and is something Ive heard that happens when people are close to having a obe. Just like vibrations, seeing things, paralysis, sounds etc

EDIT: sorry I misunderstood, you say it shakes before actually laying down, interesting!

I can think of only 3 reasons, 1. weird floorboards that when walking cause the bed to shake. 2. Train close by shakes the floor and shakes the bed. 3. something paranormal!

[edit on 15-10-2007 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Pheonix, I never said it shakes before I get in bed. I just said right before I go to sleep. I don't think it is a sign of OBE.
Reason
1.My bed is on carpet, not floorboards
2.There is no train close to my house.
3.It could be paranormal, but I don't think it would have to do with ghosts because I've never seen any ghosts, and I've lived in my house for 5 years and I've never had something weird happen to me at my house.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I used to get that all the time. Not sure if it's a heartbeat thing like others have mentioned or what... but I never attributed my experience to a ghost. Seems kind of an odd way to let your relatives you're still around.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by last_resort
Pheonix, I never said it shakes before I get in bed. I just said right before I go to sleep. I don't think it is a sign of OBE.
Reason
1.My bed is on carpet, not floorboards
2.There is no train close to my house.
3.It could be paranormal, but I don't think it would have to do with ghosts because I've never seen any ghosts, and I've lived in my house for 5 years and I've never had something weird happen to me at my house.

I really think it has something to do with almost falling asleep, maybe your mind is more open to weird things like this at that time, Ive read about it here before. And Ive had some pretty crazy stuff happen before falling asleep. I really dont think it actually shakes, but it only seems like it to you. Maybe you soul shakes? haha.

Anyway I made a search and found some very interesting threads about the exact same experiences as you.

here check them out:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Thanks Phoenix. I'm really glad a lot more people experience this, but in a thread, someone talked about it happening about twice a week, and mine isn't nearly as common. I have mine maybe once a month, or once in two months.

Thanks ALOT for those searches.

top topics

join