It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Several Groups Of Suicide Bombers Plot To Assassinate Putin In Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Apparently someone has plotted to assassinate Putin when he is visiting Iran. Russian special forces has warned Putin that several groups of suicide bombers will try to kill him in Tehran.

BBC: Putin told of 'assassination bid'

Several groups of suicide bombers had been set up for the attack, the officials said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Reuters: Assassins plot to kill Putin in Iran

What will happen if they succeed killing Putin in Iran? Thoughts on this?

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Wow.. and I thought these suicide bombers would rather target another special someone who has recently visited the middle east. Especially with the feeling that Russia has been helping Iran tremendously over the last few years.

Anyone have any information on relations between Putin and Iran? Is there any reason that so many want the man dead? Great find!

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by deadline527

The article seems mostly based on a "tip" from unknown sources. What if CIA planted this tip to damage relations between Russia and Iran? The US cant be too excited about Russia and Iran having a good relation now that the US wants to go in and attack Iran.

[edit on 14-10-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

I must admit,that was my very first thought.
What better to break up the overly cosy relationship AND remove a right royal pain in Bushy's botty at the same time.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Wow that thought never occured to me, and what a perfect social warfare weapon. If Russia stops backing Iran, do you think China would jump ship as well?

I wonder if Putin is going to delay his trip due to this "tip", and how much this will effect Irans' nuclear program seeing that Russia seems to be a main contributor.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Oops, I guess I missed this thread in Breaking Alternative News:

Plot to Assassinate Russian President Putin in Iran Uncovered

However, one thread in Breaking News and one thread in another forum can co-exist. Feel free to reply to this thread and/or the other one.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Bloomberg has an article about the plot. It says Putin will still go to Iran.

It also quotes a Russian of the Security Committee, who kinda', sorta' confirmed the plot on state TV by saying:

"This information is not a revelation for me,'' said Gennady Gudkov, a member of the lower house of parliament's Security Committee, in an interview with the state-run Vesti-24 television channel.

"Unfortunately there are many extremist organizations in the world today that want to settle scores with the Russian president, and there are probably such organizations in Tehran, which lately, unfortunately, has been a bastion for radical Islamic groups.''

Gennady Gudkov is a former FSB colonel turned politician who's a regarded as a mouthpiece for Russia's Secret Services.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 01:20 AM
link   
If anyone wants Putin dead it's the CIA. Don't worry, Putin is a Judo master and ex-member of the KGB. Chuck Norris is the only guy who could carry out the deed and he is busy hocking exercise equipment.

new topics

top topics

join