It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell me about Mount Weather.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I've seen it mentioned around here a few times but never in any detail, I'm wondering what exactly the government is hiding there. Thanks for any info.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

As always wikipedia is your best resort to getting a basic understanding of what something is. The way I think it is, Mount Weather is where they keep the 'shadow' government, the one that will take over the country if anything should befall the country such as a massive terrorist attack, nuke or natural disaster.
The most shocking things are that this government is completely non-elected and may not really have the peoples best interests at hear.

Mount Weather is also supposed to be the securest bunker ever with enough food and supplies to for twenty years as well as additional caves to hold more people. It supposedly has an underground mag-train to other secret areas; Dulce, Area 51 and Camp David are ones.

Mount Weather is of course owned by FEMA who would be the legitimate governing body in any disaster and would be using martial law. If you want to research these things further try and find out about the empty prisons FEMA has been setting up all over the States. One clue, the fences all point inwards.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Weather's not considered safe anymore, although I'd suppose they still have plans for it for the lowly of rank, and you're not allowed to poke around near the thing.

There's a new caught-with-your-pants-down hidey hole for the Veep. I'm pretty sure there's a new one for the cabinet and JCS.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scalamander
en.wikipedia.org...
One clue, the fences all point inwards.

Could you be talking about Denver airport? it is close to Mount Weather,and i hear its peritimter barbed wire fences face inwards and not the usual out,

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by evanmontegarde

Here is more info on it...specifically the history, etc

www.globalsecurity.org...

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Ah, thanks guys. I have a lot of reading to do!

The reason I ask is because I live literally five miles from Mt. Weather and am wondering what exactly they do up there!

I have seen unmarked black helicopters flying over my house...several times...towards the mountains, so it's definitely something.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
dont listen to all the mag train bs and whatnot.

Mt Weather is a continuity of government facility built during the cold war. It supposedly is big enough to be its own city underground, but it was built to house the executive branch and if they were taken out, a shadow government to run the country in case of nuclear war.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Mt. Weather is in Virginia, Upperville, Va. to be exact.
It is a continuity of Government facility.
Underground trams from Andrews is a safe bet. All the way out west to N.M., I am not sure, John Lear thinks so.
I would say its possible.
The NORAD Facility was outside of Colorado Springs and has been replaced and is now used as a back up facility.
I am not sure where the new NORAD facility is located, although I have heard a couple of rumors.
Mr. Lear thinks it is on TTR but I have heard different.
(edited for spelling)

[edit on 25-10-2007 by malpaso]

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Could you be talking about Denver airport? it is close to Mount Weather,and i hear its peritimter barbed wire fences face inwards and not the usual out,

Mount Weather is located about 10 miles west of Leesburg Virginia, or there abouts, off of Route 7.
Denver is well..in Denver Colorado.
You need a geography lesson.

But it does have a barbed wire fence around what I could see, but many houses line the mountain on the way up. Its fairly unmarked, and doesnt seem to have a high grade of security to it. A few friends and I drove up to the main gate, where they promptly shut the gate on us. Charming.

top topics

join