It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

help me.. am i going crazy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
ya...well...

Sitting at my friends house in the past we would always hear a train pass by almost nightly...

then all of a sudden it stopped.. and we havnt heard it in 2 years....

Late last night.. we BOTH heard a train go by.....

funny thing is... the reason it stopped 2 years ago is.......... THEY TOOK THE TRACKS OUT.... the tracks are no longer in the gound... the intersectins are paved over...

what is going on? is it all in OUR head? (we both heard it)

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Kind of hard for us to know...

Sounds scary though.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I wouldn't think you and your freind are going crazy because you heard a train where there are no tracks.

Could have been a train on another track. Or a ghost train (?)

A paranormal event wouldn't constitute insanity.

Ease up on yourself and if any other abnormal occurances happen be sure to update us.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Are there other train tracks within a couple of miles of you?

I ask because at night the sound of the train can travel a really long way. I used to hear the train about two or two and a half miles away at 3 a.m. if I was awake.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
You can't be going crazy because your friend heard it too. Like others have said, there may be other train tracks nearby. Did a train crash on the tracks or did anyone ever die on any of the trains that went by? Try to do a little bit of local research about those tracks.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Short man in dark suit smoking a cigarete.
"Two youngsters alone at night, a train where there are no tracks, only a destination, that destination is the Twilight Zone.." (music) do do do do do do

Willoughby last stop to Willoughby.

ok just a joke, sounds like a good story, let us know what you figure out.

[edit on 14-10-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Nah man the nearest tracks are about 10 miles away.. and it sounds like the train is where the old tracks are supposed to be.. ( 1 block away)... my friend 2 blocks away at his hosue also heard this train.. its kinda weird..

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redge777
Short man in dark suit smoking a cigarete.
"Two youngsters alone at night, a train where there are no tracks, only a destination, that destination is the Twilight Zone.." (music) do do do do do do

Willoughby last stop to Willoughby.

He he he!!! One of my favorites!

Sounds like The Twiglight zone alright!!!
The Ghost of Trains Past.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
maybe the basis of Ozzy Osbourne's Crazy Train. Ghost train, interesting. Next time run out there are see what you see.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Be sure you set up some recording devices. 10 miles is not that far btw as sound can travel really long distances. I know it is freaky but you be the voice of reason in an insane situation and when all other possible debunking techniques have been exhaused "Run and Scream like all hell!" jk Get it on video if nothing else.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Yeah, train sounds and boat sounds carry quite a ways. I can hear loud booms from my house from trains that are at least a 10-15 minute drive away, and I can occasionally hear boat horns that are about the same distance. I think you would be able to tell the difference between something RIGHT BESIDE a house and several miles away though.

Anyway I don't know much about "ghost trains", but as a general rule, if you have to ask if you are going crazy it's a pretty safe bet that you aren't, as long as you still have the logical faculties to wonder that.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
That's pretty interesting. I also am in Wisconsin, but live right along the lake. Lake Michigan that is, and I've found that certain things can "throw" sounds.

I can hear power boats on the water in my back yard at almost 3 miles away when the wind is from the northeast, and sometimes when a thick fog comes off the lake and surrounds the city, sounds can be strangely muffled. I suppose a lot of sounds can be warped by weather or wind changes. Must have been a weird experience!

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
trains piss me off!!!

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 02:15 AM
link   
If the next set of train tracks are 10 miles from your house then it is entirely possible that is what you heard. i have a set of tracks about 5 miles from my house most of the time we hardly ever hear them but depending on the wind conditions and temperture outside i can hear them in various degrees of volume one night it will sound as if they are miles away other times they sound lke they are running through my backyard. Not that i am discounting that they may in fact be paranormal they may be, In my neighborhood there used to be a small amusment park and from the time i was 5 years old in the summertime i swear i can hear the old roller coaster running and children laughing, and i didnt even know about the park having been there until i was much older. I guess what i am saying is check out the reasonable conclusions first, if they don't stand up to the scrutiny then you may very well have a paranormal event.

P.S. funny thing as i finished writing this i just heard the rail traffic down the way lol

[edit on 15-10-2007 by Jovi1]

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 02:22 AM
link   
If that train was 1 block away you wouldn't just hear it. It would be thunderous. I don't know how loud ghost trains are though...

I used to paint graffiti when I was younger and the sound of a train can travel like a whale call underwater, even the temperature could have an effect on how loud the whistle can be. I don't know about 10 miles but when I was out writing late at night, you'd think those trains were right down the track and they wouldn't arrive for half an hour..

Also, a lot of the times when they demantel rail ways they'll use the substations as holding yards for old freights. Motors will run the old ones in, secure them, and head back out. You could probably do some investigating too. Watch out for the ironmen though. They're notorious for beating the piss out of you instead of formal charges.

Good luck.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Where i live they just shoot you with a salt gun when you are trespassing, if you get shot in the rear with one of those you aint sitting down for awhile lol. Yeah i was thinking that to or depending what the land is like they will use the abandoned track to dump their garbage and such.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Jovi1

I've been chased a few times but never harmed. I'd say there's a 1 in 20 chance you'll have to be on your toes. I've seen first hand that they have no problem working you over if you're caught on federal turf. But since you're not doing anything illegal, they might even let you in to take some photos or whatever.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

Oh i didn't get shot with the salt gun but my best friend did, it was pretty freaking hilarious when he showed up at my house asking what to do about it. The few times i have ran into rail security they were always cool with us, he was just dumb enough to go out there late at night lol.

top topics

join