It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planet X -- NASA Insider

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Alright, I was reading this website about PX and most of it is religious but they do have some decent photos of the supposed PX at this site w/ graphs too . . . .

Anyway, here's a clip of the "NASA insider" stuff:

We have a network of
people who have verified that some NASA engineers are building
dome homes (the strongest know structures to man) in certain parts
of this country in anticipation of the destructive passing of Planet X.
The elite have already built mini-cities underground.. . . . Scientists forecast that as much as 70% of the earth’s population will
not survive the moment of the passing of this planet; another 20% will
starve to death in the aftermath, and only about 10% of the population
will survive. The powers-that-be in the world today have a massive
media blackout and disinformation programs designed so that world
markets do not collapse and massive panic does not take place.
They have designed the "War on Terrorism" to hide the real truth about
troop movements, government changes, homeland security, and many
other items on their agenda throughout the world. And they plan to
use their agenda, IF THEY HAVE TO, in order to control any chaos
and panic.

Also, there's a "letters" section at the website which have people writing in to the site w/ some good links to either podcasts, radio shows or more sites about the chance of a PX.

Enjoy. . . .

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Those "photos" of planet X are nothing more than sun dogs...They provide zero evidence of said planets existence...

IMO, the whole idea of a planet or star moving in and out of the solar system in a massive elliptical orbit to be seen every couple thousand years defies so many laws of physics and what we've learned about the universe the last 100 or so years, it ain't funny...

Seriously, it ain't funny...The whole thing, whilst being lovely from a fantasy side of things, is completely ludicrous from a practical point of view...

PEace

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Sorry Rilence, the topic seems of interest to ATS posters, thought
it was worth a look over. Like I said in the original post, it's religiously
themed in the first place.

I still think there *could* be odd orbits of something to that nature. We
know only so much as novice astronomers and the gov't agencies only
tell so much. Open-minded, I guess . . . .

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Rilence,

You do realize that Pluto has an elliptical orbit right? So do a lot of comets and asteroids.

So, how can such an orbit be defied by science, when science in fact supports such an orbit?

You don't have to believe, but, it is a lie to say it is impossible.

It is also known now, we are not part of the Milky Way, say that a decade ago and people would find you humorous. Who is to say that by some odd chance we didn't 'pick up' something in our many passings of the Milky Way plane, or in our past existence as part of a dwarf galaxy.

See, the thing about science is, we weren't there ... it is all guesses and computer model fabrications.

What is possible? Nearly anything. The truth is out there, but, we may never know it.

It doesn't have to happen in this century for a long period orbit either ... until we are traveling the stars, we can never say for certain. That is an honest assessment.

Take some intelligence with a debunking mentality, then you realize, nothing can really be proved, even the stuff that is accepted currently. It is all hypothetical nonsense ... believe whatever fantasy you wish ... but scientists are men and women just like the rest of us, their theories are not any more sound or valid than anyone elses' ... in fact, they base their ideas on other peoples' words that have been come to accepted but not proved. That fact doesn't make them any more correct, but does limit their ability to think abstractly ... and truth is usually stranger than fiction.

I always think about how many things have been proved wrong that were claimed fact in my short lifetime, and the new things found everyday that makes them change their 'truths' ... so I take it all with a grain of salt and then add my own pepper and see what my mind finds to be th most logical conclusion. I don't need someone else telling me how to think, like Einstein, sometimes we fail because we don't fit in, but we are right anyway

A closed mind discovers nothing new.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   
"It is also known now, we are not part of the Milky Way"

Is it known? Can you provide any back up to this? Its the first I am hearing of it.....

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by FreeThinkerIdealist

FTI, you make several good points...As did you ahlinga....I was caught up in another thread the last couple hours and haven't had a chance to post...

Yep, I realise pluto's orbit is what it is...But something that massive ??

C'mon....

and something that size being a star in its own right ?

Sorry I just can't buy it...if it were a planet, why wouldn't something else exert influence on it when it ventures outside the solar system and capture it ? Surely a planet that size would start to cause disturbances within the solar system that are measurable now, given its supposed to be here-ish in 4.5 yrs time ?

If its a star, since when do start wander like that ? I mean, show me another documented example of a star like that and I'm all ears...But I don't think it likely....

I don't dismiss what you guys are saying completely out of hand at the outset, but please, throw me a bone guys ? Something I can look at and say, "ok this looks legit, I'll look at it further"...

I haven't seen a single planet X piece of information which has made me go "wow" in the time i've been on ATS...Its not like I'm not open minded...Sheesh...Show me something I can dig my teeth into...But don't show me sun dogs or ancient texts which describe same...

Something I can look at rationally and logically please

Peace

P.S -- FTI, yes there is no way I would say it is impossible, but being a betting man, the probability of same being true is very low, IMO...

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Here's that guy w/ the big WARN sign on his name, yeah Rilence and I have been in a heated health-area debate for awhile....

...onto this posting, agreed w/ both of your posts, we don't really know what's out there, I research the topic since seeing a 5-part docu about "surviving PX" and kept seeing an article they reference in there from US News/World Report, credible as it may or may not be , about PX and showed a sweet detailed star map of it's orbit and it seemed legit.

But whenever researching the topic, I get either religious-themed sites or new age "shanti-shanti" stuff about higher dimensions. So, what's it about? I don't know, yet do think about the Egyptian glyphs or a fairly credible researchers' two cents on the matter.

I won't be leaving for the woods or a shelter until it's shown in photos as menacing. Then, the talk about it's a planet w/ people (Annunaki) living IN it, seems far-fetched but I can't discount it yet.... maybe a brown dwarf on an insane orbit, I was paging thru a "cosmic catastrophe" book which mentioned a couple of native Americans seeing "two suns rise, killing all the crops. One blue and the other yellow-orange."

Maybe there is a PX out there. We'll have a large VOID in the info area should 2012 come and go without incident, that, I look forward to . . . . .

.... . yeah, any scientific info on this topic is more then welcome. . . . . . .

[edit on 14-10-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Rilence

*chuckles*

Yes mate
We have been thru the proverbial wars, but I reckon we argue our case pretty well if you ask me...And as I said to you we are not going to see eye to eye on everything posted here...But...We both have inquiring minds that sets us in good stead, no ?

Anywho...on to the topic at hand...

Yep, I find the same ahninga, its either very old school religious stuff, or new age stuff...OR....a mix of both who got their hands on some NASA data/photos which they say prove their point...

I too hope 2012 passes without galactic catastrophe...Those promoting same need to provide the rest of us a lot more evidence in order to take notice...

Sure they could say "Well, we know what's going down, tough if you don't believe us" and they head to the hills...

Thing is, nobody knows for sure what is going to happen in 2012...How bout we live life as best we can...Look after our family and fellow man...Be as kind as we can to the earth, and see what gives...

I don't see a lot of harm in that...

Peace and nice post as always anhinga

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Thanks Rilence, also, on this subject, I (push too often?!) try to get feedback on this book by Cormac McCarthy called "The Road" which seems like the situation you (sort of) present.

*They* know about some imminent (5-10 years?) disaster awaiting Earth and are using taxpayer dollars to build deeper underground cities. While those, not on their 'gov't in waiting' list -- fend for themselves. Imagine that. Then the FEMA camps come in handy when they got bio-suited soldiers coming up w/ who-knows-what kinda hybrid/alien humanoids walking around.

You can't have a couple million UFO sighting without a actual visitor -- can you? I don't know but I tend to believe there's something out there. Anyway, back to this topic, within that sentence; say this other race/multi races could help the population at large should the gov't go into hiding when a massive SUN or other PLANET approaches. Should these things be like us? Civil? Alright then, let's go arrest the WAR criminals that lead the world.

Should they not be friendly? Can't picture it, can't picture ALIENS or PREDATORS or HOLLYWOOD aliens ruining mankind. Maybe it could happen, then what? I'd forfeit and hope in hiding *they'd* pass me over, at this point, I think I'm wasted on years of ARTIFICIAL foods prior to 'coming clean' -- I'm really off the subject.

Anyway, PX -- yeah, it could very well be out there. When I see more photos and maybe where I live, then yes, I will have to do something.

I only bring up ET stuff since at the pt of a Px, you have to think someone'll help us out. Have I lost it completely from that toxic foods thread war?

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by anhinga

At risk of sounding very negative, I cry "BS" on the site you linked. I'll leave aside any commentary on the religious content, and concentrate on the claimed physical properties of this alleged "Planet X".

This tenth planet is 4 to 5 times the size of earth, and 100 times as dense,meaning that it has a large gravitational pull.

Assuming constant density, mass of a spherical object increases as the cube of the radius. Double the radius, the mass will increase by a factor of 8. If Planet X is 4 to 5 times the size of Earth (Let's split the difference and call it 4.5 times the size) and the same density, it would be 91.12 times as massive. Since it's 4 to 5 times as big and 100 times as dense, that makes it (using the same compromise as above) 9,112 times as massive as Earth.

That would make "Planet X" not only the most massive planet in the system, and the most massive non-solar object in the system, but roughly 20 times as massive as every other planet combined. On pure size, given the 'data' from the web site you linked, it would also be the fourth largest body in the system (Behind the Sun, Jupiter, and Saturn).

While there might be a 10th planet out there, I can guarantee that if said planet were over 9,000 times as dense as Earth, and half the physical size of Saturn, and due to make a close approach to Earth within five years, there's no way in (insert unlikely destination HERE) that NASA could hide the gravitational effects, and an equally slim chance that some amateur astronomer wouldn't already have found it and published the information both electronically (via the Internet) and physically (in a reputable journal).

[edit on 14-10-2007 by Brother Stormhammer]

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I hear you Stormhammer but my point is w/ ETs and the likes of beings, millions of years old with SPACESHIPS that are miles-wide, holding the gravitational problems (??!!) at ease.

I know, I know -- here is where I should insert a link to something but I have no idea where to start w/ the Pleiades, who are supposedly 'light beings' that have spacecraft and have helped Earth's gravity remain in place from this approaching dimensional/pole shift.

Supposedly (notice I'm using that word often???!!!) their crafts can do that and have been since the 1990s. There are 18 videos (very repetitive mind you) online of their 'teachings' and I think it was mentioned in those.

Aside from the sci-fi sounding nature of any ETs, human-like, shapeshifters, Grays, you name it, discount it and still go w/ this topic. Planet X could exist, it could be another SUN on the MOVE --

You have to think about
'hiding' an object almost as big as Jupiter, unless all the novice astronomers can tell me every object in the night sky including Jupiter/Saturn.

Mars and Venus SHOULD be easy to spot --- right?

Didn't know a thing w/ a 3600 year orbit is going to be recognized asap. There are a lot of unknown objects in a universe we haven't explored much. I still believe this could exist and in time will be spoken of.... my point about the other 'big' planets, nine out of ten people can't name three planets in the night sky. I assume this. But think it's a close number.

Edit: thinking about this, I am (hate to keep using 'to be') more aligned TO
believe that it exists. An odd orbit does not seem like something unheard of. I imagine some research beyond Google searches could prove it's out there. Then maybe this topic could be moved to Space Exploration.

In some of those Mayans posts I made the point/references about them measuring millions, millions of years of time. For them to use 2012 as an example of something happening, that, I cannot discount. Until then, I'll keep looking for/reading into these topics.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by anhinga
I hear you Stormhammer but my point is w/ ETs and the likes of beings, millions of years old with SPACESHIPS that are miles-wide, holding the gravitational problems (??!!) at ease.

So, in order to make the Planet X theory work, I also have to believe in million year old aliens with city-sized spacecraft (for which there is precious little evidence) who basically hang around making sure our gravity doesn't go wandering off on its own? Sorry, this isn't getting any more credible. If this object really was as close as it would have to be to make a 'close approach' in 2012, we'd already be noticing massive changes in the orbits of every object in the Solar System...including detectable changes in Earth-orbital satellites like the GPSS constellation and every geosynchronous comm-sat currently active. If these hypothetical beings can reshape the Solar System on the scale (and with the finesse) needed to cover all of those traces, why don't they just take the lazy engineer's solution, and change Planet X's trajectory to get it out of here?

I know, I know -- here is where I should insert a link to something but I have no idea where to start w/ the Pleiades, who are supposedly 'light beings' that have spacecraft and have helped Earth's gravity remain in place from this approaching dimensional/pole shift.

Supposedly (notice I'm using that word often???!!!) their crafts can do that and have been since the 1990s. There are 18 videos (very repetitive mind you) online of their 'teachings' and I think it was mentioned in those.

Some form of documentation would be appreciated, yes. I've seen some of those videos (perhaps not the exact ones you mention, but videos on the subject), and all-in-all, I've been very impressed, mostly in a negative way.

Aside from the sci-fi sounding nature of any ETs, human-like, shapeshifters, Grays, you name it, discount it and still go w/ this topic. Planet X could exist, it could be another SUN on the MOVE --

You have to think about
'hiding' an object almost as big as Jupiter, unless all the novice astronomers can tell me every object in the night sky including Jupiter/Saturn.

Please, for the love of (insert name of spiritual patron here), don't bring shapeshifters into this, or we'll be eyebrow-deep in YouTube links before noon! *grin*

You'll note that, in my original reply, I was more than willing to admit that a tenth (or, since they demoted Pluto, should we call it the ninth?) planet could exist. What I don't buy is the undetected existence of the most massive non-stellar object within 5 light years. I'm even less inclined to accept that it's another Sun on the move. If that were the case, your hypothetical aliens would have to deal with even more extreme gravitational effects, AND
with a massive influx of electromagnetic radiation (we'd see it at night, and hear it on AM radio, at the very least).

You might not want to be quite so quick to write off 'novice astronomers', either. Over the last decade (1997-2007), amateur astronomers (who aren't all 'novices') have discovered over 30 comets...and yet they've missed one of the largest bodies in the Solar System?

Mars and Venus SHOULD be easy to spot --- right?

Didn't know a thing w/ a 3600 year orbit is going to be recognized asap. There are a lot of unknown objects in a universe we haven't explored much. I still believe this could exist and in time will be spoken of.... my point about the other 'big' planets, nine out of ten people can't name three planets in the night sky. I assume this. But think it's a close number.

You mean Mars and Venus aren't easy to spot?

Your 'argument' that nine out of ten people can't name three planets in the night sky has nothing to do with the topic at hand, since the universe (in the statistical, rather than the astronomical sense) of 'people who would find / detect Planet X' is not "every person on the street". It's "Every professional and amateur astronomer"...and among THAT group, I'd be willing to bet that every one of them could name three planets in the night sky....and even if they couldn't, a "Planet X" like the one described in your linked article would be impossible to miss...it would be the astronomical version of finding a haystack around a needle.

Edit: thinking about this, I am (hate to keep using 'to be') more aligned TO
believe that it exists. An odd orbit does not seem like something unheard of. I imagine some research beyond Google searches could prove it's out there. Then maybe this topic could be moved to Space Exploration.

In some of those Mayans posts I made the point/references about them measuring millions, millions of years of time. For them to use 2012 as an example of something happening, that, I cannot discount. Until then, I'll keep looking for/reading into these topics.

I keep reading them too, because I'm one of those amateur astronomers, and I keep hoping to see some evidence for a new planet.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I know the good Brother Stormhammer will like to see this thread retired
to the garbage bin, I didn't know that happened until reading some U2Us
recently. Anyone know what's the posting limit to get threads to remain
in back files?

Lastly, on this subject, Stormhammer, you made great points, I just wonder
how the subject on Planet X/ Nibiru got started in the first place overallof the public's eye)? Religious groups, I guess from those ancient texts w/ 'other' planets in the solar system.

Also, as a 'novice' astronomer -- isn't the best place to see ALL the areas of the, uh, Universe, in the south? Like some of those new telescopes being put in Peru and Hawaii because that's the best place to observe anywhere in the Universe, right? Hmmm, just curious. . . . .

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I don't really like to see any thread 'retired to the garbage bin', actually, but I do understand why it happens...server space isn't infinite.

I'm not really sure how the whole "Planet X" phenomenon got where it is...I suspect that it's a combination of several things, starting with the orbital calculations for the outermost planets...there seemed to be a 'wobble' in Pluto's orbit that could have been evidence of another large body (relative to Pluto, at least) somewhere Out There. Add in NASA's announcement that they had found what they thought might be a 10th planet, and the coincidence that "X", the Roman number for "10" happens to also be a near-universal symbol for the unknown. Season with a bit of 'end times' prophecy and millennium-end hysteria (see current threads about 2012, and past threads about Y2K), and you have a 'doomsday scenario' that some people couldn't resist. Perhaps some of the ATS conspiracy masters or gurus can come up with a better answer?

As to telescope locations, there's plenty to see in either hemisphere, but there are terrestrial problems that dictate the locations of most optical telescopes. One is atmosphere....it's good for astronomers, but hell on astronomy. Passage through layers of atmosphere tends to refract light, absorb it, and even make images move (the reason stars 'twinkle'). The less atmosphere you have to deal with, the better your seeing conditions will be. That's why most optical observatories are on mountains. Hawaii and Peru are well blessed with tall mountains, which get telescopes above most of the atmosphere...thus, they're highly desirable places. It also helps if the mountains are somewhat distant from urban areas, since light pollution from a nearby city can do nasty things to photographic plates, and smog is just a tool of Satan.

It also helps (obviously) if you have a high percentage of cloudless nights, since even the best optical telescope has trouble with overcast conditions.

There's also the human element...would you rather leave your observatory and freeze your deleted off in Colorado, or step outside into a bright, sunny Hawaiian morning? *raises tropical drink in salute* Thought so :-D

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Okay..

From my research, or rather Zacharia Sitchens research I get this. Supposedly, the Sumerians had a tablet or inscription with our planets, including a tenth one. At the time, Earth was known as "Tiamat". Now, the theory is that this 10th planet was revolving around, and as it did it smashed into "Tiamat", causing the earth to break apart resulting in the Asteroid Belt which we currently have, as well as leaving one of its Moons behind with us. This 10th planet was known as "Nibiru" NASA knows about this supposedly and they call it "Orpheous". Or some other name.

Now..

These Sumerians claim to have been visited by a race of ancient visitors, "Those from the heavens who came to earth" calling themselves the Annunaki. These "annunaki" were said to reside on this planet Nibiru. And they also promised the Sumer Civilization that they would return one day, as did the Mayan serpentine God "Quetzelcoatl". Keep in mind we are seeing a repeating pattern here with these serpent gods.

Further more, I have heard you are supposed to be able to see this Nibiru in very southern locations of the Earth. Just before the sun sets or rises? Well as I see it, The Mayans as well as the Sumerians were very smart, and good with Astronomy. They knew what was going on. This all connects to 2012. And it is my prediction or guess that, 3,600 years later from the time of the sumerians, as this planet is coming back around in our age, when it gets closer to Earth, we will see some cataclysmic changes because of the pull of its magnetic grid. Do you see how this possible?

Then again, if it is true that these Annunaki reside there, then I will say we are in for a pretty big ride. Strap on your seat belts and hold onto your hats!

Oh how could I forget. This is "Nibiru". a picture that NASAs hubble telescope took. They call it a dwarf star as of right now. See those stars around it? Those are its moons.

Here is a supposed picture from a southern location? the little spot behind it is supposed to be it? I'm not sure about this one. I know photoshop programs go to a very good art college and it may be that this has been doctored, who knows.

And another . more recent picture from the hubble telescope

Cheers

Remember, NASA wouldn't reveal these things anyway. My mothers friends' son was in NASA space camp for a while. I knew him since childhood, now he tells me that the landing on the moon was a fake. I thought, huh? But apparently it is. According him as he found out from them.

NASA stands for Never A Straight Answer, hehe I'm just kidding

*edits because of so many spell errors x_x

[edit on 15-10-2007 by KdogartIS]

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 05:17 AM
link   
KdogartISery, very interesting post.... did your friend from NASA spacecamp stay w/ NASA and is that how he got the Moon landing info? Kind of strange to fake that but who knows the overarching agenda of that agency. Also, I can't believe the public-at-large or most at this site haven't investigated that more. Do you have any other damning info?

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by KdogartIS

Not sure which nebula that is off hand, but it sure isn't a dwarf star nor anything anywhere near our solar system. Those 'moons' as you call them are actually stars (noticed how they are in the same configuration in each picture?)

I really thought all the planet X nonsense would end with the discovery of Eris and the numerous other dwarf planets now known to orbit with Pluto/Charon beyond Nepture - planets which, incidently, Sitchin's fictional aliens didn't know about (although they did know about Pluto. Odd that .... )

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by cassini

It has been discovered we are NOT in the Milky Way. We are just off of it and i dont have the time to find all the articles now, however feel free to Google it.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
This guy thinks he might know something about physics, he "assumes" constant density (which not even the Earth has). Also, MASS and GRAVITATIONAL PULL will vary based on the MATTER ELEMENTS that make up said object. You are ASSUMING that this planet is composed of the same ELEMENTS as EARTH! Why dont you run your calculation with a planet made of GOLD and see what you come up.

Note: I am not claiming PlanetX is made of gold, only showing that this smoking gun density calcultion is not comparable across different density mediums.

Originally posted by Brother Stormhammer
reply to post by anhinga

At risk of sounding very negative, I cry "BS" on the site you linked. I'll leave aside any commentary on the religious content, and concentrate on the claimed physical properties of this alleged "Planet X".

This tenth planet is 4 to 5 times the size of earth, and 100 times as dense,meaning that it has a large gravitational pull.

Assuming constant density, mass of a spherical object increases as the cube of the radius. Double the radius, the mass will increase by a factor of 8. If Planet X is 4 to 5 times the size of Earth (Let's split the difference and call it 4.5 times the size) and the same density, it would be 91.12 times as massive. Since it's 4 to 5 times as big and 100 times as dense, that makes it (using the same compromise as above) 9,112 times as massive as Earth.

That would make "Planet X" not only the most massive planet in the system, and the most massive non-solar object in the system, but roughly 20 times as massive as every other planet combined. On pure size, given the 'data' from the web site you linked, it would also be the fourth largest body in the system (Behind the Sun, Jupiter, and Saturn).

While there might be a 10th planet out there, I can guarantee that if said planet were over 9,000 times as dense as Earth, and half the physical size of Saturn, and due to make a close approach to Earth within five years, there's no way in (insert unlikely destination HERE) that NASA could hide the gravitational effects, and an equally slim chance that some amateur astronomer wouldn't already have found it and published the information both electronically (via the Internet) and physically (in a reputable journal).

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Nice answer dgtempe, of course telling someone to Google "it" is always the thinking mans reply is n`t? I can google the existence of Planet X and find so many "facts" that make it appear as truth, does n`t make it so though. Earth lies away from the galactic centre but does not lie outside the Milky way. Still can`t find any convincing evidence for Planet X or some of the other wild theories made in this thread and google seems to be woefully short on the hard evidence front

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join