It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Aspertame Lawsuit (Equal Sugar Sweetener Is Toxic!)

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by anhinga

Another update. Noticed this site has a 'aspartame in the news 2008' section:

www.mpwhi.com...

There are numerous links exposing the controversial nature of this chemical; also, looks like the Philippines are moving to ban, here's that bill:

www.mpwhi.com...

Lastly, a Rense page that mentions the state of Hawaii is working on a ban too:

rense.com...

Look you need to take public action like blocking a major road or freeway to draw attention to this.Only then can Joe Scmuck understand it.

use your wits.

Only then can you get some publicity.

A few determined individuals can do it.

Remember that man dressed as Batman on the roof of Buckingham Palace 2 years ago?

Worldwide publicity by doing very little for his cause...

Very smart guy.

BE SMART INSTEAD.

You are wasting your time posting here.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by esecallum
Look you need to take public action like blocking a major road or freeway to draw attention to this.Only then can Joe Scmuck understand it.

use your wits.

Remember that man dressed as Batman on the roof of Buckingham Palace 2 years ago?

Very smart guy.

BE SMART INSTEAD.

????? What is your problem?

Flaming the OP due to an update?

And as for wasting time posting on ATS??? 15 pages of responses certainly doesn't appear to be a waste of time

And what about the number of people who have read and not posted?

Well, why do you bother to post threads on issues you are interested in?

I just had a look at your profile. Maybe your jealous that this member gets responses to the medical issues whereas yours don't really get off the ground, eh?

[edit on 27-2-2008 by Thurisaz]

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
....thank you to a member for bringing another thread to my attention:

"Rats Grow Super-Tumors on Aspartame"

...reminded me of something I referenced a few pages back in this thread, in regards to a mice/human DNA-relation:

What's even more astonishing, scientists say, is that 90% of genes associated with disease are identical in humans and mice. Because new generations of mice are born just weeks or months apart, and because medical experiments with humans are usually not done for ethical reasons, mice have become valuable research tools.

archives.cnn.com...

To those who still don't put the pieces together -- you should remember this little headline after the above excerpt:

"Aspartame causes cancer in mice"

...on the edit, the Hawaii bill has fallen victim to the slaves in special- interest- nwo-population-reduction circles. Thought this clip is relevant to this post:

On August 1, 1985 the FDA's own toxicologist, Dr. A. Gross, told Congress at least one of Searle's studies "has established beyond any reasonable doubt that aspartame is capable of inducing brain tumors in experimental animals and that this predisposition of it is of extremely high significance.... In view of these indications that the cancer causing potential of aspartame is a matter that had been established way beyond a reasonable doubt, one can ask: What is the reason for the apparent refusal by the FDA to invoke for this food additive the so-called Delaney Amendment to the Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act?"

"Senate's Plan to Ban Aspartame 'Deferred': Health Committee Passes The Buck to the FDA"

[edit on 27-2-2008 by anhinga]

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz

Originally posted by esecallum

use your wits.

Very smart guy.

BE SMART INSTEAD.

????? What is your problem?

Flaming the OP due to an update?

And as for wasting time posting on ATS??? 15 pages of responses certainly doesn't appear to be a waste of time

And what about the number of people who have read and not posted?

[edit on 27-2-2008 by Thurisaz]

Look Thurisaz.

You misunderstand me.

I fully support the banning of aspartame and the prosecution of the poisen merchants.

You missed the point.

Yes you have 15 pages of responses and that is great....wonderful....but even if you had 10000 page of responses it is not going to change or stop the addition of aspertame by the food industry or make Joe Public stop drinking it.

So I was suggesting every one get of their collective back sides away from the computer and take some physical action to publicize the danger to a much larger audience instead of to a niche clique.

You need to go out in the street and create a publicity stunt which will draw attention.

Use your imagination.

A bulletin board is not going to change anything apart from informing a very,very small number of people.

A single man dressed up in a batman suit and climbing onto the roof of Buckingham Palace obtained worldwide publicity about the rights of fathers to see their children...

Simple stunt and very effective.

For Aspartame you need to do the same.

Create a major publicity stunt.

Get Greenpeace,etc,etc,or some other health group involved...

CREATE A MAJOR PUBLICITY STUNT ABOUT THE DANGERS OF ASPERTAME.

[edit on 27-2-2008 by esecallum]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
...on the update: Hawaii moves to phase two of legislation, New Mexico moving bills as well. Thirty years later, Rumsfeld, still on the loose, this is how slowly something like this moves along:

www.naturalnews.com...
www.government-propaganda.com...
rense.com...

HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES H.C.R. NO. 132,
TWENTY-FOURTH LEGISLATURE, 2008

STATE OF HAWAII - HOUSE CONCURRENT RESOLUTION Requesting the Director of Health to form a work group to explore the need to ban or better label products containing the artificial sweetener aspartame.

WHEREAS, while there have been a number of studies on the effects of aspartame on people, there is a great deal of argument by both proponents and opponents on the methods used in the testing and whether accurate representations of the consequences of average consumption by people have been achieved by these studies; and

WHEREAS, the Internet has become a tool for many to spread and promote the opinion they adhere to as fact whether it is that aspartame is a neurotoxin derived from toxic sludge or it is a harmless product enabling a healthy lifestyle; and

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   
...another update on the 'lawsuit' against aspartame, as the Hawaii bill is being debated. Here's some clips from a physician & a couple of findings:

I am a physician and truly disturbed by the continued availability of Aspartame in our food supply. As a resident physician I developed tremors in my dominant hand (right). These tremors affected my surgical performance to the point of having one of my professors inquire as to whether or not I had an alcohol problem. I can assure you that I do not, nor have I ever had a substance abuse problem of any kind.

My tremors persisted beyond my postgraduate training. I then had friends comment on noticing my hand shaking at rest outside of a clinical environment. After removing Aspartame from my diet, the tremors have been absent for over two years.

"Excising masses (tumors) from live animals, in some cases without histologic examination of the masses, in others without reporting them to the FDA."

Searle's representatives, when caught and questioned about these actions, stated that "these masses were in the head and neck areas and prevented the animals from feeding."

"Failure to report to the FDA all internal tumors present in the experimental rats, e.g., polyps in the uterus, ovary neoplasms as well as other lesions."

Animals which had died were sometimes recorded as being alive and vice versa. "These include approximately 20 instances of animals reported as dead and then reported as having vital signs normal again at subsequent observation periods."

"Contrary to protocol, slides were not prepared of this [unusual lesions from the Aspartame (DKP) study] tissue for microscopic examinations."

[There were] "clerical or arithmetic errors which resulted in reports of fewer tumors."

[G.D. Searle] "delayed the reporting of alarming findings." FDA Toxicologist and Task Force member, Dr. A. Gross stated: "They [G.D. Searle] lied and they didn't submit the real nature of their observations because had they done that it is more than likely that a great number of these studies would have been rejected simply for adequacy. What Searle did, they took great pains to camouflage these shortcomings of the study.

"Open letter to Senate Health Committee Considering Aspartame Ban Bill"

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by anhinga

Well.

I see everyone has gone into hiding after it was suggested they make a protest as indicated above.

Instead we see more cut and paste.

If the world could be changed by cut and paste...

[edit on 27-3-2008 by esecallum]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
u know...even research articles aren't God's words...there's flaws in them too! Plus, with statistics, you can make pretty much ANYTHING significant...

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Textreply to post by NRen2k5

NRen2k5... While I realize this thread was begun in 2007, I was looking for more information than I already had regarding Aspartame a/k/a Equal. I pray you have done some MORE research since your comments were made because I do not believe that you knew back in 2007 what you were talking about.

Your 'opinion' stating "Aspartame is generally safe, etc., etc.," could not be further than the truth. Your "research" on Snopes.com is questionable due to the fact that since 2007, Snopes has become an extremely unreliable source of things true. I'm not saying ALL is untrue, but a lot is. And Wiki, which is more reliable, is questionable IF it indicates that Aspartame is safe.

Here is a 2011 article from a blog that appears on The Huffington Post.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

While I believe it is a liberal-leaning website, this article nails it and blows your 'theory' totally out of the water. The FDA was not going to approve the manufacture and/or sale of Aspartame. The article is titled "Donald Rumsfeld and the Strange History of Aspartame. And it begins with "Yes, that Donald Rumsfeld, the "knowns and unknowns" guy who remarkably executed some of the worst decisions in American foreign policy and got a medal for it."

Further down it reads "So how does Donald Rumsfeld fit in to all this? A little history:

In 1985, Monsanto purchased G.D. Searle, the chemical company that held the patent to aspartame, the active ingredient in NutraSweet. Monsanto was apparently untroubled by aspartame's clouded past, including the report of a 1980 FDA Board of Inquiry, comprised of three independent scientists, which confirmed that it "might induce brain tumors." The FDA had previously banned aspartame based on this finding, only to have then-Searle Chairman Donald Rumsfeld vow to "call in his markers," to get it approved. Here's how it happened:". You can read the rest, if or when you hopefully revisit this forum thread.

Aspartame KILLS people. Rumsfeld, as "then-Searle Chairman" KNEW this but opted for profits over lives. Sounds a lot like the inner workings of Big Pharma today, with their being in cahoots with Psychiatry, selling lies and killer antidepressants to unsuspecting victims. You can learn more about THIS topic on www.cchr.org. If one stays long enough to watch a few of their full-length videos, it may make a lot of people sick at what they find. I am speaking from personal experience here too, so I can back up the research I've done on this.

Nevertheless, while I respect your opinion and your right to express it (before the idiot in the White House totally rips the First Amendment out of the Constitution, I disagree with your comments on Aspartame with every ounce of my being.

I pray that this reaches SOME people. It could save a life. I urge all who sees this to read the above-mentioned article.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join