It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Aspertame Lawsuit (Equal Sugar Sweetener Is Toxic!)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rilence:

Does not make it right...not by a huge stretch...Get with it people...Anyone with a diet based disease needs to turn to nature pronto, and forget artificial things as part of their diet...

That is, if you want to live as long as you possibly can...

Prove it.

Originally posted by anhinga:

What's to "get" dude?

Reality?

You're not going to take over the thread w/ insults/dejecting behavior when others ARE providing info/trying to be nice about said topic

And your point is??? I am not being overly offensive and so far you’ve provided very little actual info. You have, on the other hand, posted a lot of opinion.

You should take Rilence’s good advice about not trusting sources which could be tainted. Seems to me your sources are tainted. They’ve made it their life’s work to attack aspartame.

should the info not suit your needs, you get pretty angry

I haven’t gotten angry. I’ve pointed out that the websites of anti-aspartame crusaders aren’t credible sources of information.

Sorry the topic gets under your skin but there's nothing wrong w/ a little healthy conversing --is there?

It doesn’t get under my skin. Your ignorance, on the other hand, might.

This is what people usually like -- videos! Here's a little YouTube trailer of a documentary (!) about these poisons.

“Sweet Misery: A Poisoned World”? Oh yeah, sounds like they were real objective and impartial there.

Here's a short video on said subject

More garbage.

here's a commerical about the toxic nature of said substances

Some student’s media project.

And there's plenty more should you type "aspartame" into Youtube.

Yeah, maybe when I have some more time off work I’ll cruise along YouTube and debunk a good portion of it.

Here's a website w/ known side effects (over 90!)

You already tried to push that site on me, and I already pointed out it’s biased.

this is a website w/ fraud references to aspartame.

Yet another whose living depends on getting people to stop consuming aspartame.…

Originally posted by annestacey:

Aspartame is a toxic substance

Prove it.

that no one should be consuming (along with all the other artificial sweeteners).

Opinion.

It's linked to alzheimers, brain tumors and parkinsons disease.

Prove it.

In my opinion, any information to the contrary are lies, propaganda or disinformation.

Fine. I respect that opinion.

Why would ANYONE want to consume chemicals?

Everything is chemicals. Water is H2O. Iron is Fe, and so on.

Source: www.foodfactor.com...

Another site whose reason for existence is to disinterest people in aspartame.…

This website is a wealth of information.

And about as biased as asking the NRA about gun control.

If you want to be super healthy the way nature intended, stay away from chemicals and eat a raw diet.

Nature has no intent. Nature is not sentient. Our bodies are fairly adaptable and we can be healthy without resorting to eating like our prehistoric ancestors did.

There are natural sweeteners that can be used in place of the deadly stuff being pushed in the media (agave, stevia, xylitol, etc. are natural sweeteners that anyone can use and have no chemicals in them).

And more power to ya if you use them.

I've actually made a new rule for myself... don't buy anything advertised in the mainstream media. If I see it on TV, it goes on the black list of things NOT to purchase.

Couldn’t help but bring this up because it made me chuckle. Feminine hygiene products are advertised quite a lot on TV. Leaves? Rags?

Believing that toxic chemicals in our food and water are good for us when there is evidence to support that it causes illness and disease... that is being willingly ignorant.

Assuming point blank that artificial chemicals are toxic is being willingly ignorant. Believing the “information” about artificial chemicals posted on websites that have a vested interest in promoting natural alternatives is willful ignorance.

I went through 20+ years of severe anxiety and depression and then over 6 years of antidepressants that caused even more problems such as memory, focus and motivation issues). I feel pretty certain that alzheimers would be in my future if I stayed on that path.

Your feelings are not fact. They’re what you feel.

Getting off the chemicals and onto organic food and chemical-free products is the best decision I ever made for my health.

And whether the reason you feel better is chemical or psychological is anybody’s guess.

I have done enough research to know that foods from nature are what our bodies need

They may very well be best, but we don’t necessarily need them.

and I will never believe that toxic chemicals are safe.

And apparently you’ll never believe that aspartame is anything but toxic. Mention something about willful ignorance a couple of lines up?

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls:

Dead people don't buy food. Dead people don't buy drugs. Dead people don't pay for medical care. There is no profit in harming customers, period end of subject. Follow the money. If there is no money it is generally nothing but a hysterical response.

Tell that to the cigarette companies then. Is there no link to cancer in smoking tobacco laced with countless other carcinogens? If a majority of customers don't die, or use a lot of the product before they die it really doesn't matter if they pass over.

Cigarettes are highly addictive. This offsets the life span issue. I’m not saying it’s right; I’m just pointing out it’s still profitable.

There is a large amount of money to be made in sweeteners, artificial or natural.

Whether or not aspartame is as bad as formaldehyde or arsenic is a non-issue.

Putting the MOST natural foods in your body is simply the smartest thing to do.

Can't consume raw sugar, well don't eat it. Use honey instead. There are other natural sweeteners derived from plant materials that do not need to be synthetically made. I'd stick with those.

And that’s probably a good idea. But it doesn’t mean you should go and villify aspartame.

The food industry adds chemicals to the food in order to get people addicted to it so they buy more of it.

*Sigh* Prove it.

And it's not healthy because if it were, they wouldn't hide the chemicals in other ingredients.

Hide chemicals in other ingredients? Prove it. The way I see it, you use an ingredient in a certain form, and you list it as used in that certain form.

The pharmaceutical companies then profit (hugely) from the drugs people are on because of the chemicals in the food.

*Ahem* Prove it.

It's true that dead people don't spend money. That's why they make sure they drag it out and keep people sick for very long periods of time.

Prove it.

The "smart" people will figure it out and live. The ones who are not quite as smart or simply can't afford the healthier foods will be the ones who die the quickest.

Prove it.

MSG is one of the most harmful ingredients that exists. They DO add it to the foods, they've been doing it for decades and they are constantly increasing the amount added. Plus... they hide it in other ingredients so you won't see it on the label.

Prove it.

Originally posted by RogerT:

Hi NRen2k5

I recognised your posting style before I read the post name
Nice to see you're still here, was beginning to miss you after Wade got canned.

Nice to have you company too. I’ve been sticking around, actually. I just mostly avoid the social/political threads in favour of scientific ones because there’s more often something concrete to prove or disprove.

I recommend your dad take a look at Stevia as a replacement to sugar. It's natural, virtually no cals and doesn't mess with BS. Several hundred times sweeter than sugar and has a slight liquorice flavor. I hear Coke is trying to patent it or something like that

Thanks for the advice. I’ll see if it’s available anywhere around here. Always fun to try something new.

On topic, I did a huge amount of research on Aspartame a while back. This nasty chemical has a very dubious history, especially the way it got its FDA approval. Some interesting names involved too, Rumsfeld for one - now there's a name we can trust

True, but often enough truly good things are accomplished in the name of evil and vice versa. Take the german Nazis’ development of rocketry and the Americans’ development of the atom bomb for example.

Europe initially resisted the substance but pressure from the Money got it through. In 2005 Roger Williams, a UK Member of Parliament, called for emergency action to ban the artificial sweetener Aspartame, questioning its safety. The MP said that there was "compelling and reliable evidence for this carcinogenic substance to be banned from the UK food and drinks market altogether". It's been in and out of the UK press since, but unfortunately, people are just not waking up yet.

Well, hopefully the scientific community there is interested and gets some conclusive results which can be replicated.

the original Board of Inquiry report of the FDA revoking the petition for approval, along with the famed Dr. John Olney's testimony to the Board on the damage aspartame would do to the brains of our children if approved and especially in combination with glutamate. Dr. Olney is one of the most renowned neuroscientists in the world today. You can go to dorway.com and read his CV. He founded the field of neuroscience called excitotoxicity after doing studies on aspartic acid, 40% of aspartame, and found it caused lesions in the brains of mice. Neurosurgeon Russell Blaylock, M.D, wrote the book on it, Excitotoxins: The Taste That Kills. An excitotoxin is a product that literally stimulates the neurons of the brain to death. The FDA agreed with Dr. Olney, no doubt one of the reasons they revoked the petition for approval. Aspartame was finally approved through the politics of Don Rumsfeld who at the time was CEO of Searle, the original manufacturer.

Dr. Ralph Walton's research on scientific peer reviewed studies and funding which showed 92% of independent, unbiased research shows the aspartame problems. If you remove 6 studies done by the FDA because after approval they became loyal to the manufacturer, and one proindustry summary, 100% of independent scientific peer reviewed studies showed the problems. Only studies funded or controlled by industry ever said it was safe.

Interesting.

There is SOOOO much damning evidence on this neurotoxin, and direct research by reputable scientists, I find it amazing that people still drink the stuff, let alone defend it, especially when several natural alternatives are available for those that cannot use sugar.

Habit. A certain psychological momentum, if you will. It would be nice if the more credible science got cited more often. As it is, the anti-aspartame websites like to bombard us with all the same badly or unsourced shock-value stats.

[edit on 22-10-2007 by NRen2k5]

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   

You'll find several hundred links to start your research here: www.wnho.net...

Biased site, but I’ll bookmark it and check some of its links anyway.

Or the Ramazzini Foundation Studies:
www.ramazzini.it...

OK.

also, microwave ovens, they CHANGE the molecular structure of your food and turn it into a lump of fat.

Prove it.

Originally posted by HaTaX:
I've often wondered if the sudden burst of sugar substitutes on the market has helped contribute to the obese problem on the rise in the US. I don't think that's the only cause, but wonder if it's a contributing factor.

Or you could be mistaking effect for cause.

Some people are fortunate enough to feel the effects of this toxic stuff so they can stop ingesting it before it's too late.

And some people have wild imaginations.

You are probably one of those people who will end up with alzheimers or worse... then it will be too late for you.

And you think people weren’t afflicted with or killed by such conditions before the advent of all this modern chemistry?

Aspertame, MSG and other chemicals called "excitoxins" are added to the food to make them taste better.

Or to preserve it.

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues:
www.balaams-ass.com...

Biased and unreliable site.

reply to post by KarmaGurl

Yes, some people have a sensitivity to some chemicals. It’s like an allergy.

Originally posted by RexxCrow:
Aspartame was invented 20-years ago (approximately) as a rat poison

Nope.

And as to the rest of your post, see above. Glad to hear organic seems to be working so well for you, though.

Excellent RexxCrow! You have done the right thing by refusing the poison.

You really need to take a step back and look at yourself. Why do you insist on using biased language to try and convince other people of your beliefs? Stop needlessly point-blank calling aspartame a poison!

cleansing products from health food stores

GOOD GRIEF!! Don’t get me started on that nonsense!

Yeah, Splenda is just as bad... I think it's got chlorine in it

*Sigh* You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make him drink.

Originally posted by Outlawstar
You say life expectancy is up but death from cancer, heart disease, alzheimers and parkinsons is WAY UP.

Something’s gonna kill you when you’re older, y’know.

Hmm..and they all just happen to be diseases linked to aspartame and other sweeteners

Show me the links.

I think the "non-belevers" are taking for granted just the kind of people that are running this world.

I think the believers should check the Kool Aid they’re drinking. It may not have aspartame but it definitely has something funny in it.

And dont give me this prove it crap, Ive done the research, if you want to find out get up off your ass and do it yourself.

The point is you haven’t done the reasearch. Other people’s opinions are not hard evidence. Unsourced statistics are not evidence. Unsourced statements like that aspartame kills little puppies and kittens are not evidence.

I ask for a smoking gun and you give me an overripe banana.

Here is some information from "The Hundred Year Lie"

*Yawn*

I'm not putting you on ignore.... but I'll be simply overlooking your posts from here on out on every single topic. Your input is completely useless to me.

Apparently anything you don’t already agree with is useless to you. It’s nice to have such an open mind.

The only way we can find out the truth is from grassroots health organizations and people who do research and write books because god knows we will never hear the truth from the government or the FDA or the pharmaceutical companies or the food companies.

No. The “grassroots health organizations and people who do research and write books” are as bad as or worse than the government. They have their own biases which tend to be much stronger than the government’s.

If you want credible research, look to universities for starters. Which reminds me… have you gone to college, yourself?

What I know for sure is that I cured my own depression by removing chemicals from my diet and my household.

Oh really? And you have some hard data to back that statement up?

That's proof enough for me to know I shouldn't be eating them or touching them.

That’s nice, but I think not even the average person is so easily fooled.

Originally posted by yuefo:
Here's a collection of studies from 1970 - 1998. It

www.dorway.com...
“Dorway to discovery: Aspartame and aspartame poisoning informational site
Yeah, real objective site.

Originally posted by RogerT:
Oh dear, those are your sources. Let's take a quick look at the ECSCF, your prime source (or at least the prime source of your source).

www.bev net.com/…

Oh boy. You’re trying to counter his facts with more opinion on his facts?

Is that really all you've got? Mouth and muscles.

Beats just mouth.

Where's the debate on the research? Where's the defence of the rebuttals? Where's the intelligent discourse? Where's the denial of ignorance?

That’s what he’s indirectly asking you. We ask for research, and your camp posts opinions. We ask for intelligent discourse, and you call aspartame a poison and a toxin point-blank. We tell you your sources are biased and you go right on copy&pasting from them.

Aspartame is a toxic substance that was on the congressional list of biowarfare agents until it got approved by the FDA because Donald Rumsfeld was the president of the company that owned the patent on it.

Prov- AH TO HELL WITH IT!

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Why would you want to ingest it?

Why not?

Originally posted by Kenesay200
I am sure that water is probably still the best and safest thing for the body.

Until you read about water intoxication.…

[edit on 22-10-2007 by NRen2k5]

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Soft drink companies have done a horrible disservice to humanity through the use of aspartame in a product everyone thought to be safe. I have personal experience through the loss of short term memory, severe enough to have effected my career, health, and safety. These companies must be very powerful, since they escape being held responsible for a very dangerous additive. I am happy to see the demand for healthy, refreshing beverages, finally taking effect.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   
kid8hart, thank you for ignoring the rest of the thread and jumping to your own conclusions.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Sorry if this has been said but catching up on 7 pages of posts is hard when your at work.

I read that although aspartame is definitely causing brain tumours in rats the same is not true of humans.

Im going from memory of something I read a while ago. Being at work i dont have time to grab my sources.

When the aspartame is metabolised it breaks down into two components one of which is either benzene or a related benzene type substance. The presence of this in the bloodstream si what causes the brain tumors.

However the enzyme that catalyses this in the rats is not present in humans and as such the aspartame doesnt break down into the same components. Or if it does its in such low quantities that it causes no harm.

Yes some people will complain that aspartame has caused them damage or pain etc. but if your allergic to peanuts they can kill also. No ones screaming to have peanuts banned.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by nzmetalla

You really should read the other posts on this thread to find out the real dangers of aspertame.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by annestacey
reply to post by nzmetalla

You really should read the other posts on this thread to find out the real dangers of aspertame.

Yes. Specifically that there are no confirmed dangers.

I’ve informed you of your fallacies, and I refuse to believe you’re stupid, so from this point on I’ll be reporting you for spam when you repeat them.

[edit on 26-10-2007 by NRen2k5]

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

son of a ..... I just looked at my vitamin 'C' pills, the colorful sweet kind found at the pharmacy and it says.........'ASPERTAME'... bah... is this stuff everywhere?

Time to throw those out...

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Some people definetly are sensitive to aspartame, like me. When I have some foods containing aspartame I get strange headaches that I don't ever get from any other foods (and I don't have allergies). From my personal experience, that stuff (along with msg and other artificial ingredients) are chemicals people shouldn't be consuming. The dangers of aspartame may be over exagerated, but there is something up with it that isn't good.

Stick to the natural stuff!

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
This is Absolutely Awful, considering my mother doesn't put reagular sugar in her coffee she uses Equal. I will tell her to cease doing so ASAP. How can people be so ignorant as to use something that could hurt people, hurt their buyers. They should be shut down, and that product should be taken off the market. This producers should be completely destroyed, not killed, but they should be shut down, and not allowed to hold market ever again if they are willing to put their consumers lives in danger. This is outrageous. It should have never been allowed to be made if this allegid (sp?) drug was put into it, or rather made out of it.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by sharati
This is Absolutely Awful, considering my mother doesn't put reagular sugar in her coffee she uses Equal. I will tell her to cease doing so ASAP. How can people be so ignorant as to use something that could hurt people, hurt their buyers. They should be shut down, and that product should be taken off the market. This producers should be completely destroyed, not killed, but they should be shut down, and not allowed to hold market ever again if they are willing to put their consumers lives in danger. This is outrageous. It should have never been allowed to be made if this allegid (sp?) drug was put into it, or rather made out of it.

You’re mistaken. Please read the thread before replying again.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by NRen2k5

THAT IS A LIE STRAIGHT OUT OF HELL.

Aspartame is the worst sh*t you can take. I have heard interviews of olympic body building athletes who ended up almost bi-polar just from chewing aspartame chewing gum.

Maybe you should go watch sweet misery down at video.google.com and see all the people with destroyed immune systems, wrecked bodies, and literally needing voice boxes - just from the Aspartame.

But thank Donald Rumsfeld the death peddler for it.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by NRen2k5

Dude you are so ignorant. Prove it. Prove it. Prove it. Prove it. Thanks for adding to the discussion (only your not).

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   
From my own expirience aspartame is not something that anybody should consume. Anything that I get strange side effects from isn't something that I want to eat.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   
hehehe a diabetic standing on the same side as aspatame ,
not to be rude dude but you ve faild the crash course in diabetics.

fruits and natural sugars is what you body needs.

asuming that you are from the states, i asume the doctors didnt tell you that.

ive tried aspartame drinks without knowing it at first but i recognize them easy , i get the hickups everytime ive tried one , my body rejects / gets in shock .

lucky me i dont live in the states , the only drinks we have here with aspartame is coca cola products so its kinda easy to stay of the substance ,

but yea several studies from non us goverment sources say the same ,

diosorder symptoms and cancer in the top 5 section of illnesses you get from aspartame consuption in the long run.

but as you your self have provided nothing more then a fda snippet as fact im not gonna provide anything eles then my word for it ,

having a few ppl within my family and close friends that have diabetes and pancreas failiurs/shutdowns i can say for sertanty that aspartame or any other non natural sugar mixture is off the menu.

apples or oranges anyone ?

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565
lucky me i dont live in the states , the only drinks we have here with aspartame is coca cola products so its kinda easy to stay of the substance ,

You sure about that?

Currently, aspartame is found in more than 6,000 products and is consumed by over 200 million people around the world.
www.caloriecontrol.org...

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by XR500Final
reply to post by NRen2k5

THAT IS A LIE STRAIGHT OUT OF HELL.

Aspartame is the worst sh*t you can take. I have heard interviews of olympic body building athletes who ended up almost bi-polar just from chewing aspartame chewing gum.

Prove it.

Maybe you should go watch sweet misery down at video.google.com and see all the people with destroyed immune systems, wrecked bodies, and literally needing voice boxes - just from the Aspartame.

You’re mistaken.

It’s just as sad to believe that video as to believe anything the government says. You need to learn to think critically.

Please read the thread before replying again.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Luther777
From my own expirience aspartame is not something that anybody should consume. Anything that I get strange side effects from isn't something that I want to eat.

Not everybody is the same. Some people have sensitivities to chemicals that most people don’t. Some people have resistances that most don’t.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join