It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Lucas may have predicted 9/11.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 04:14 AM
link   
In one of his films. Episode1:The phantom Menace(1999).

Lucas has demonstrated that he is a visionary and a futurist, who at times can forsee events and translate them into his own ideas in film. When you watch the film you notice a few things that relate to the september 11 attack in relation to events surrounding the plot. Note that I am not joking about this, as I have observed Lucas works in detail and have come to this conclusion. This is not new, I knew much about this detailed subject 3 years ago and have discussed it with other people.

Lucas is an artist, he gets ideas and images from dreams and he writes this down. He takes real life events and things you would see on a normal world and changes it to a space fantasy. So all his films take something real, and turns it into a space story. but it's like art, it all means something else. In Episode 1. the phantom menace he has the following elements. and this makes up for my argument.

1. the trade federation-the greedy asian world traders who have stopped all trading to the world of naboo. The trade federation represents the universal trading clan. they are like the people working on the world trade center. note how close he got to the prediction, even naming them "trade federation"

2. Coruscant- this planet is the center of the universe, where the rich and artist reside. with tall buildings and opera homes, it represents New York city. If you watch the film, you would understand that this is NY, just transformed up into a futuristic view.

3. Tattoine- This planet is a sand planet, with homeless and poverty all around, people in this planet look like Osama Bin Laden, iraqis or other middle eastern. this planet represents Iraq/Afganistan.

In the film, you see the trade federation (trade center) as the greedy personalities. you have the rebellion, a young boy from tattoine, a hero who later in the end of the film, enters a yellow plane and attacks the trade federation's ship. the trade federation ship represents the two towers. but in space opera form. in the end, you see many of these ship/planes crashing into the trade federation towers and finally, Anakin enters the building and destroys the ship from the inside. The ship then breaks into two parts.

I hope this interests some of you and opens up your eyes as to how visionaries see the future, perhaps in dreams and from visions come up with a story and in this case, even a motion picture. If you must, again watch the film and come back with your thoughts.

[edit on 14-10-2007 by jedimiller]

jra

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
1. the trade federation-the greedy asian world traders...

How are they asian? They're aliens, and yes, they have an accent, but none of the actors that played them were of asian orgin, as far as I know.

2. Coruscant...

...Was created by author Timothy Zahn in his Thrawn trilogy of novels. Other writers used it in there Star Wars novels. Lucas then adopted it for his films. He did not create it himself.

3. Tattoine- This planet is a sand planet, with homeless and poverty all around, people in this planet look like Osama Bin Laden, iraqis or other middle eastern. this planet represents Iraq/Afganistan.

I don't know what Star Wars films you've seen, but I've never seen any Bin Laden look-alikes or much that hints at Tatooine being heavily middle-eastern in influence. It's a hot, dry, desert planet, but that's as far as I see the connection going.

Sorry, but I think you're comparrison is a bit of a stretch to put it mildly.

[edit on 14-10-2007 by jra]

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 05:41 AM
link   
[removed quote of entire previous post]

Timothy Zahn, named the planet, but did not create it. Lucas did that in his early drafts, of a city planet. it's before the prequels.

They have an asian accent, yes..I never said the actors were asian at all. I've met them all before at the comic con, one of them plays the mummy also.
the actors don't matter in this case, however, it's not about the accent, but about what they represent..the greedy trade federation.. hence representing the center of the world trade.

i'm talking about the phantom menace, which in case, you can clearly see many extras that look "Appear" to be arabs, afgans, or iraquis, you can see thier robes and their homes all resemble the people of the desert, the afganistanis like osama bin laden.

Mod Edit: Quoting – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 15-10-2007 by sanctum]

jra

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
Timothy Zahn, named the planet, but did not create it. Lucas did that in his early drafts, of a city planet. it's before the prequels.

You're right, my bad.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   
No problem my friend. I'm glad someone else is a Star Wars fan around here. the phantom menace is such a great film and with so many hidden messages there, it's hard to understand everything, but when I saw the trade federation spaceship split in two, it brought chills to me bones.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I see the symbolism you refer to, and agree many authors do this in writings. I, for fun, did one on Buffy's musical episode, at first it was a joke taking everything as a symbol, way to many, then it started really hitting the mark.

Anyway I see this as definitely possible, either as some force inspired insight and future projection of events, or just a little foreknowledge from the inside rumblings of what was going on.

Keep up the good work

The accent might matter if he was also using east/west metaphors. Look at Tolkien where the eye was in the east Sauron, those who were corrupted by the ring of power, specifically greed. Then the immortals sailed off to the west.

East west is very common.

[edit on 14-10-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   
An addition:

I agree that Lucas builds metaphors into his movie and that some of it contains the "war on terrorism" metaphor. I also so that some of his messages are slightly anti-muslim. I dont remember quite what it was but I was sitting in the movies with a girlfriend when suddenly I realized that one of the evil planets has an arabic name.

But there is much more to be discovered in Lucas movies still. His entire Episode 4-6 trilogy (the early movies) contain quabbalistic metaphors and words. So much so, that I wrote a piece on it more than a decade ago. If you know anything about kabbala (jewish mysticism) you will detect what names like darth vader, luke skywalker, obi-wan, yoda, leia refer to. Heck, maybe I will do a piece on this and submit it to ATS-Premium.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Interesting insights. Lucas of course drew influence from a number of sources, that's how art works, like Jack Kirby comics and Akira Kurasawa movies. I engage in this kind of esoteric symbolism easter egg hunt at my new blog Inside The Cosmic Cube.

I think the Asian, specifically Chinese similarity of the Trade Federation representatives in The Phantom Menace is pretty obvious. This is opposed to the royal costuming of Naboo which has a real Japanese flavor.

And now that you mention it I can see the Middle Easterness of Tatooine as well.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   
On the subject of Kabbala.

Kabbala info
www.kabbalaonline.org...

Kabbala primer
www.sacred-texts.com...
here they mention the three concepts as force, form, and consciousness

Accusations that masons use kabbala as its base and that it is evil
www.sacred-texts.com...
www.sacred-texts.com...

This can be where the Bohemian Grove got its name. Note here the change in the doctrine handed by moses, also the comma is defined with meaning possibly lending credence to my thoughts about nov 5th SO riddle
www.sacred-texts.com...

There are many other writings about it.
This is also the group Madonna and Britney joined, Madanna taking the name Ester, and then doing a scotish folk dance. Britney just went off the deep end. Note that the shaving of the head has religious significance in both Jewish mysticism and the old testament Leviticus
www.haaretz.com...
www.msnbc.msn.com...
(although the spellings with and without the trailing h may have a meaning)

My knowledge of this word came from some writings referred to as masonic text from here

If you believe in mysticism, and Lucas does, then either he was privy to information, or his information was seeded by spiritual forces.

This is eastern stuff, vs the West of Tolkien in my view.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Thanks for the informative kabbalah links.

One note though: : The Hollywood Kabbalah-Cult doesnt have much to do with the original adept stuff. Britney and Madonna practice some of the watered-down new-age stuff...which is not bad either but something very different to what Lucas seems to have gotten into.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Tryptich

nice website tryptich

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Thanks Skyfloating!

I'd be really interested in seeing some direct examples of Kabalaistic symbolism in Star Wars. Maybe I'll have to watch the first trilogy again with my eyes really open. Cool.

It never occurred to me that Britney's head-shave was brought on by religious madness, not that she's not nuts, I just assumed it was to avoid drug-testing.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Tryptich

Warning way off topic

If she considers herself a prisoner, speaking to spirits that are her master.
Deuteronomy 21:11
One of these prisoners may be a beautiful woman, and you may want to marry her. But first you must bring her into your home, and have her shave her head, cut her nails, get rid of her foreign clothes, and start wearing Israelite clothes. She will mourn a month for her father and mother, then you can marry her.

Although it is more often used as when in mourning or in despair.
Ezekiel 7:18
You will put on sackcloth to show your sorrow, but terror will overpower you. Shame will be written all over your faces, and you will shave your heads in despair.

I see her in a typical pattern, darkness uses her to premote its issues, then when it is done with her, it drives her to where she is, so we can then be in darkness and ridicule her, as she is tossed aside in despair. Pity her and pray for her is my thoughts, for none of the Lords will ever truly be lost.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Redge777

Sorry, also way off topic-

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I think the religious connotation of the head-shave is an interesting insight. And I do feel very sorry for her, I think she and many other celebrities display classic Post Traumatic Stress behavior. Plus I think the cultural significance of young, highly-sexualized female celebrities and how they are treated is a huge issue that's given very little thought.

So yeah, I can see where she's been corrupted by the Dark Side (see, I'm on topic).

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redge777
Keep up the good work

well thank you. I do find that Lucas is a prophet of sorts. In attack of the clones he has these guys marching up a ramp, and palpatine looking down at them. Palpatine represents George Bush and Darth Vader is cheney. but it's also based on the roman emperor's and their fallen empire.

I just find it very odd that he released this film in 1999, years before sep 11 and if you look at the film you don't get it at all, but after a while, if you watch it now, you get it. problem is that most people see these films as fantasy movies when in reality it's art and a person's point of view on futire events. and lucas has always been right with his ideas. the lightsaber, the death star and space weapons..scifi sometimes becomes reality.

[edit on 15-10-2007 by jedimiller]

[edit on 15-10-2007 by jedimiller]

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I think Revenge Of The Sith made some good points too

On the Patriot Act
"So this is how liberty dies, with thunderous applause"- Senator Padme
As the Emperour annouces sweeping changes to government, for so-called peace.

Anakin to Obi-wan "either your with me, or your my enemy"
Sounds like Bush after 9/11

Stuff like that

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
According to Jake Kotze at the www.thebravenewworldorder.blogspot.com... that lucas and other producers, directors have knowledge of a secret stargate ritual, in which they embed the secret symolism in the movies they produce. He does an excellent job at showing how they do this and has been hailed a prodigy.

When the towers fell, they released energy. That energy had to have been transfered somewhere, to someone. And my first guess is giulianni. But I could be wrong. He may be a distraction for us.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I second that promotion.

And also Todd Campbell's Through The Looking Glass, which is worth reading through just for the Virginia Tech/Question Mark/The Question/Rorschach/Chandra Levy/Baskin Robins/Eleusian Mysteries association chain alone. It makes more sense then you think it does.

Mr. Kotze is indeed a prodigy and I believe a gift. You can see an example of Jake Kotze's conception of Star Wars star gate symbolism in this video:

The Cuboid Stargate

[edit on 17-10-2007 by Tryptich]

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Not that George Lucas is a futurist or a prophet, but that perhaps Osama bin Laden was enlightened by Lucas's films.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by nanoha

By comparing Lucas to a person speaking like, or motivating terrorist you only end the thread by tossing around thoughts of terrorist compliance when people are just expressing ideas. If you are going to make that connection, please show with examples your evidence of it. And include the Bush family connection with Osama family when you do.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join