It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is down to start a new 'group' on ATS?!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I feel like i have made a bunch of friends on ATS/BTS.. people who don't seem to take themselves or really anything that happens online too seriously.
We have plenty of our own problems in our daily lives and starting trouble on the internet is a little too 'immature' for us.

So, we like to have fun....not exactly at the expense of others, but if you just dont get it, then basically you 'just dont get it'.. if that makes sense.

Anyway, i would like to start a group of people who are level headed and like to have fun. I recently started a couple of threads that had an outcry of people who are furious that i would even dare post something to that nature... meanwhile, i posted the threads in skunkworks and posted them in a half-joking manner... just trying to get some feedback from the people whom i described above.
of course, i had to have members who signed up a few days ago, who take themeselves wayyyyy too seriously, chastise me that I am a hoaxer.

sooooo, i would like to get together a group... dont know what to call it(i think thats where steve-o or MM comes in!)... of people who are intelligent, have some common sense and dont take these forums so seriously. We should all get along, and with teamwork we will be able to get to the bottom of many of the subjects posted on ATS.

Sooooo, whos creative and wants to give me some help!?!

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I created a group on ATS, cannot remember what it was called :S

Oh, I remember!

The New Internet Order..

It was worth a few giggles, but I think creating groups on ATS is against T&C

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
yeah i was drunk when i wrote that post... i didnt know it was against the T & C?? i saw a few around.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   
There are anumber of threads in BTS that are basically the very thing you described. People just having fun and letting their imagination run wild, creating a space of relaxation, freedom, fantasy etc. They tend to be adult oriented with many sexual references, all in good taste of course.

I have also noticed a few threads with serious titles that seemed to have morphed into what I described above.

H. go ahead and start something with a clever theme and you will be suprised at the response.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Well ... I think they frown on "in group" stuff here, considering we're all supposed to be one big happy (argumentative) family.

But for the sake of the exercise, a name for such a hypothetical group could be the Humble Order of Internet Know It Alls (HOIKIA).

There's irony in that title, should anyone choose to mine it out.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by MajorMalfunction

hmmm maybe ill join the avengers squad... i feel like such a loner haha

new topics

top topics

join