It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quantum thinking and choosing our destiny

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   
There is no truth in uncertainty... but rather it is the uncertainties that we can choose our truth from and the resulting paths that branch out.

Imagine an infinite multiverse, of which you can choose a path. You have various possibilities, limited only by your imagination which in turn is limited by the law of association. You start to follow a certain line of thinking and it leads down a certain path. Along that path you're presented with possibilities/uncertainties. This could be something as mundane as "will my team win the game or not?" to something extraordinary such as "does time travel exist or not?". Finally after a while, you make a choice. Then the path branches off and there are more possibilities. And so on.

If the cat in the box is both alive and dead until it's observed, imagine the possibilities of applying quantum thinking to everything else. You're the observer. You decide.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 03:18 AM
link   
An exponential mind 'f'. I watched string theory, it hurt my head. That stuff scared Einstein.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 03:39 AM
link   
The infamous thought experiment with the cat was an attempt to illustrate a phenomenon that occurs at the sub-atomic scale...it wasn't intended as a statement about the malleable nature of reality. Above a certain scale, the quantum effects that give physics students headaches no longer apply...to use a classic example, while it's not possible to know both the position and velocity of a subatomic particle (the Uncertainty Principle), it's very possible to know the exact position and velocity of a Mack Truck.

The point of the above? Quantum-scale effects do not apply to the universe above a certain scale. Wishing just won't make it so...

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brother Stormhammer
The point of the above? Quantum-scale effects do not apply to the universe above a certain scale. Wishing just won't make it so...

I beg to differ...

Things like effecting random number generators and cloudbursting are so easy that anyone can do it and see the results. They're well above the subatomic scale. Not to mention many other instances in my life where I've noticed change by bringing my expectations inline with my desires. You just can't easily change what's already a rigid part of reality.

What it comes down to is how believable it is. Which is why uncertainty can be so cool. Based on the concepts presented by String theory, we might be able to tune ourselves to a frequency or universe where aliens and ghosts exist... but after a certain point when either possibility becomes believable and an accepted part of reality, we can't go back. The path keeps branching out.

Take 50/50 odds and things are effected easily. If however you've already made up your mind that 5s bring bad luck and 7s bring good luck, then you'll have trouble changing the results of future outcomes. The documentary "The Secret" calls this "residual". You expect something and you continue to get what you expect. Another way of putting it is that we can become emotionally addicted to things such as disappointment or money, and so we attract it more. Our emotions effectively acting as radio antennas to the frequencies of the multiverse.

I first got interested in this subject after watching an interview with Michio Kaku. ATS topic with link to interview He talks about many interesting things, but gets into String theory near the end of the interview.

Then after watching documentaries such as "What the bleep do we know" and "The Secret", it gave even more food for thought on the possibilities that can open up with this kind of thinking. Also, I've applied my years of research (especially regarding "thought forms") to this, and it fits.

It's not so much thought manifesting reality, but rather tuning to a reality where your expectation exists.

What's more is that the multiverse theory puts the concept of time travel closer to reality. You go back in time and kill your grandfather but you'd still exist... just not the you in that universe. Unlike in Back to the Future where the people in the photographs disappear as the past is changed.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
amazing thread, star and flag. most of your guy's outlooks opened up my own

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Kruel

From my personal experience, choosing a path is done before we incarnate in a body. I know that we have to follow an astrological programme, and that all is known, all is written. You can start to bent the programme that is imposed on the soul when you start a path to consciousness, which brings comprehension of the programme and understandings of the manipulations within the mind.

Those manipulations have kept humans unaware of the real purpose of evolution in the material realm, and kept them in ignorance of their cosmic reality.

new topics

top topics

join