It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Gets past Airport Security with weapons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
How did this woman managed to pass thru Airport Security with a Stun Gun and a knife in her purse??
It amazes me that with all the racial profiling, terrorist lists, and rules that apply to flying that this could still happen. What if she wasn't so honest?

A woman passed through security screening at New York's LaGuardia Airport with a stun gun and knife in her purse - but later discovered the mistake herself and alerted authorities.
The woman realized she was carrying the items after a short layover in Detroit and on her way to Denver.
"She immediately went, 'Oh, my God, I'm not supposed to have these here,' and called the flight attendant over," said Spirit Airlines spokeswoman Laura Bennett
ap.tbo.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
It's too bad the article doesn't state how old this lady was. I mean think about it, let's say that she was really hot, obviously the screeners wouldn't be paying attention to the x ray machine, especially if they were male. That's the only reason I can think of for allowing those weapons through. But then again, people have done it before, so I'm probably completely wrong.

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Airline security has not improved. I know I work at Los Angeles, for an airline and it is no better than when they had the $5/hr rent-a-cops working the x-ray machines. I mean these "security people" are confiscating tweezers and small scissors and many other insignificant things. So having items of this sort get past detection is not surprising.

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I wouldn't be too surprised if terrorist use our own planes from our airports to perpetrate another attack..our security sucks...

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Yup, I too can see this happening again in some form. There are still many holes in security of an aircraft when on the ground being serviced or loaded. Things of that nature. Hell, how do people stowaway in an airplane, only to find this person dead 13 hours later in some city because they froze to death. Tell me how the hell they get in the plane without anyone noticing them?

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 12:31 AM
link   
This seems about right. Arrest a student for taking the piss, while allowing someone past with weapons in her bag. For fex sake !!! What a bunch of s

[Edited on 26-1-2004 by Pisky]

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 03:11 AM
link   
#

[Edited on 26-1-2004 by ultra_phoenix]

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 04:02 AM
link   
first lets spread this story as far as it can go to convince people that we need more airport security and travel restrictions

then while we're at it , push a little feminist agenda against males.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Well I guess they didn't know about the weapons in her bag. She must of forgotten aboutthem herself. Good post and a scary thought too.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 04:48 AM
link   
this was one of the craziest things i've ever heard!,
i fail to understand something, why implement extra safety precautions, profiling etc so that this could happen, surely a knife and/or a stun gun should appear on an xray machine if not then definately on a metal detector!
Heads should roll for this!

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 05:48 AM
link   
heres an abstract idea. what if the ppl coated their weapons wif the stuff that they coat stealth planes wif aye? what would happen then? or u could cover it wif the same stuff they put on the moon lander or wateva that reflects the rays??

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I can remember right after 9-11, when checkpoints were still run by the "rent a cops" and a "trained" airline employee, (like myself, a quick 4 days course paid for by the airline) was requried to oversee the checkpoint and handle any "issues" that came.

First, I will be honest, I am NOT a security expert and I'm sorry but a 4 day crash course taught by an airline trainer is not going to prepare me for a part-time roll as a security expert. Nor did I want to deal with the hassle and disagreements with the travelling public!

These security officials were confiscating anything with a pointed and even blunt ends. Over the course of an 8 hour shift (and I you would only do this maybe once or twice a month) the crap that was collected was mind boggling!

Aside from the obvious, like knives and lighters, things like corkscrews, tools, sewing kits, scissors, fingernail clippers, manicure sets and other oddball items were removed from the public citing "security concerns." Ask me, I think most of this was BS!

Well, over the course of the last year or so, gone are the rent a cops replaced by "official" rent a cops in the TSA. *sigh* While they do not hand search bags as often as they used to, they are still collecting nearly anything that can be construed as a weapon.

Next thing I know, we will not be able to take a ballpoint pen onboard an airplane. Guess it will just take another event of aircraft being taken over for the US to realize that security has not improved since 2001.

top topics

join