It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airports Look To Ban Islamic Headscarves In Australia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Islamic headscarves could soon be banned in the country's airports.

The Sunday Telegraph reports the Federal Government is looking at the idea as a way of improving airport safety.

Security officers have raised the proposal concerned about headscarves that cover up a person's identity.

France banned the scarves in schools in 2004 angering Muslims.

Immigration Minister Kevin Andrews is now reportedly consulting with airport security staff about the matter.

But Dr Ameer Ali from the Federation of Islamic Councils says it's just a racist stunt/
“It is simply a desperate move by the government to find an issue to fight the election, nothing else.”

LiveNews.com.au

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
what u guys think?

i rekon maybe or maybe not but what security is it gona breach thay should have strong security so thay dont need to worry thay take it to far sometimes

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I don't see any reason to totally ban just a headscarf. Of course they'd have to remove it if asked while going through security, but there's no reason why not let them put it on again.

Maybe a full burqa or something might be bannable though.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I don't see any reason to totally ban just a headscarf. Of course they'd have to remove it if asked while going through security, but there's no reason why not let them put it on again.

Maybe a full burqa or something might be bannable though.

I agree. Have them remove it during the initial screening. Heck, I gotta remove my freakin' shoes! A scarf is a no-brainer.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   
yeh sounds good it should be moved only while security checking not throughout the whole airport

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   
What idiot sitting at a desk thought this up?

Oh, an Australian one. Apologies to any Australians on the board, but your country needs to stop selling itself as "the Texas Continent". No apologies to any Txans.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Walking Fox
What idiot sitting at a desk thought this up?

Oh, an Australian one. Apologies to any Australians on the board, but your country needs to stop selling itself as "the Texas Continent". No apologies to any Txans.

well i am australian but wasent born here i was born in iraq and yeh its kind of a country that sucks up americas ass john howard lol he will be gone soon lets hope so

new topics

top topics

join