It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discovery Helps Explain How We Hear Whispers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Link

Researchers have found a tiny mechanism deep inside the ear that likely helps us hear whispers. The finding could eventually help companies design better hearing aids and other devices for restoring hearing.

Discoveries like this make me wonder what other discoveries will be made about the Human body in the future. Anyway, thought I would share.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   
The human body is amazing. I love reading new interesting things about the development of our bodies. As much as we are a mess of natural engineering, we're also pretty amazing animals..

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by kleverone

Cool find klever
. We are highly complex beings, yet some of us think we know it all regardless.

Its strange that I can hear (typically) a lot clearer than my girlfriend and her entire family, but my mother has poor hearing (and she says its been like that for a long time).

Genetic dispositions have a lot to do with it I would assume, but I also wonder how environmental factors influence our body.

I imagine too many rock concerts would have a neglible affect on one's hearing...

Let's hope these hearing aids are invented within the next year or two while my girlfriend can still communicate with me

join