It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Animated Gif you can manipulate with your mind.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Spun clockwise, and I couldn't for the life of me get it to spin the other way, until I tried tep200377's suggestion of covering everything but the feet. Works a treat.

I definitely prefer to see it spinning clockwise, though. Having a bias towards those brain functions just seems better.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   
i can get it to change back and fourth about every 1-2 rotations....crazy

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
She is not spining it's a mirage, the animation has a part where at a point you can notice that she is moving left, right not going round, as an example she is doing 10 in the morning - 2 aclock in the afternoon and then back from a clock point of view, I got her to do that, she is not spining for me, she just go's left, right sort of swinging ..boncing left to right.

[edit on 13-10-2007 by pepsi78]

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
lol no matter how hard I try the rotation is clockwise.
ive done everything including swirling my finger counter clockwise to help imagine it going counter clockwise.

oh apart from the fun thing of the rotation the rest is nonsence, Im a little from collumn A and a little from collumn B being honest.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
This is very cool. After five minutes of starring at her going clockwise it changed direction. Now i can go back and forth at will, hopefully this exercise is good for our brains

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

The first time I looked at it, it was spinning clockwise and no matter how i look at it, i cant see it any other way.
I dont know if it makes any difference but Im left handed. Ive tried closing one eye at a time.. looked only at her legs or her head or arms etc..
It jst does nothing special for me lol.. I dont know what that says about me either

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dillons
Yep, clockwise for me too. I thought I might be a little diffrent as I`m left handed.
Your tips worked well, although it worked better for me to look at the space between her foot and her shadow.
Are you left or right handed?

You might be like me.. Left eye dominant but prefer to use the right side for certain tasks?

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
thats an awesome gif!!

it only turns clockwise for me. except for one second... and now i cant see it any other way except clockwise.

it must be correct because im a huge right brainer

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kr0n0s
reply to post by fooffstarr

The first time I looked at it, it was spinning clockwise and no matter how i look at it, i cant see it any other way.
I dont know if it makes any difference but Im left handed. Ive tried closing one eye at a time.. looked only at her legs or her head or arms etc..
It jst does nothing special for me lol.. I dont know what that says about me either

left handed or right handed has NOTHING to do with your right or left BRAIN thinking.

if you read on the site it tells you what the right brain and left brain are for..... left=logic/order right=creativity/imagination

oh btw... if you look at the picture.... the women looks as if she is spinning.... but shes not. she not even going around.

if you follow her foot that is extended outward.... you will notice it only goin back and forth... back and forth. left and right. its kinda fast so you gotta pay attention

it doesnt go in circles... our mind is creating the rest, and it definitely seems as if it were spinning.

it kinda messes with your mind a bit

wait... nevermind

[edit on 103131p://241010 by divine chronic]

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I just extracted all frames of the /gif and theres only 33 frames. And she does go round one way in a circle.. (either way you roll thru them)

In a stand alone viewer she gos slower and i could only see it going left at first.. now I see her going right all the time at the moment, fast or slow. So its an illusion based on left / right brain frequency?

When I start reading she gos left again.. haha....

[edit on 13-10-2007 by Sekhemet]

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I can make her go both ways. I am left handed. When I through my left hand's index finger up and rotated opposite than the way she was spinning, she went that way, and then when I rotated my finger the other way she went that way to.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I think this is play on perception. It's like when I was young and used to draw 3D wire frame boxes. If I concentrated on one end, the box appeared to face one direction. But when I focussed on a different end, the box would appear to change direction.

The dancer appears to change direction depending on which leg I concentrate on. Did anyone notice that when she spins to the right, she's standing on her right leg, but when she changesm direction, she appears to change legs.

BTW, I'm ambidextrous, but I think I am probably more left brained.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   
ok I finally got it going the other way.
close one eye and make your remaining eye blurry (go a little crosseyed) until you see the figure the doesnt really seem to have depth, now imaging the leg is swinging the opposite to the way you originally saw it going, once you are convinced the blury version is in reverse spin then slowly focus more and open the other eye, crazy stuff.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Hmmm...

Goes both ways for me.

That aside, I've noticed that if you look really closely you can see nipples.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Focus on her foot and her shadow's foot. Follow the two and you should be able to change direction easily.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Bummer... it didn't move the other way for me. I must be special.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Very cool. At first, it was spinning clockwise. After staring at it for a short time I was able to make it spin in both directions.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 01:14 AM
link   
yep, me too...at first i was getting frustrated, but after a while, she spun in the other direction. Fun little thing, thanks for posting it

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by dznetworks

Yes you are special... well kindof in the retarded way.. but you are special nevertheless! Im just kidding!!

But do the technique that we described.. follow the legs and then imagine them going in the other direction. You can do it!!

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 01:22 AM
link   
It's not moving at all for me... is that bad?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join