It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Animated Gif you can manipulate with your mind.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by hikix

She was spinning counter-clockwise for me. I couldn't get her to go the other way though...

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
She started out clockwise, but I've been able to see both directions after every few spins. Very neat!

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I saw this on another website once.

I was able to make it to where it couldnt make a full turn.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
For some reason it is messing with my head now.....

I cant even make it do a complete turn anymore, it only goes half way

now.... i wonder why?

[edit on 28-5-2008 by Rookie]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
When I first viewed her, I only saw clockwise. After a few minutes she changed direction to counter clockwise, but for only a half rotation, then clockwise again. So I tried to figure it out, and see how it worked that she changed direcion. I couldn't get the image to go counter again for some time.

I tried some of the suggestions in previous pages, but discovered that by only looking at the shadow, can I control the direction of her rotation.

Notice that when she spins counter clockwise, or to the left, her body posture is left arm and leg raised and head tiled left. When she spins right, or clockwise, her right arm and leg are raised and head tiled right.

Her body changed posture depending on the direction she rotates.

Sweet illusion, what ever perception we have going on is niffty none the less.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Nice !

First time i looked she spun clockwise and occasionly counter-clockwise.
After trying this for a while i was able to make her flip directions continuously !

I did this by asking myself what she was doing.
Then after she would spin one way i said to myself it doesnt matter what shes doing and she would spin the other way !
When i do this questioning in my mind fast enough now she spins in the direction i want on command

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
This is really weird. She was originally spinning clockwise. At first I couldn't get here to shift, but after a while it worked if I squinted my eyes and got real mad. It gives me a very weird feeling, like having to fight my own brain in slomo, knowing that you are able to do it.

Then I found out that if I make a kindoff circular motion with my head in the desired direction, while concentrating, I can get her to shift as I please.

But I also noticed that if I giggled
, she would also change direction sometimes, and also if I read the text next to it, but not on a regular bases.

What I like to know, is that if a second person would be able to see the changes in direction if they are caused by the first person.

I'll try tonight with friends.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
And to the people that say it is an illusion, off course it is. She spins in all directions, but your brain decides for you what direction she is spinning in.

The fact that we are able to change the way our brain perceives something, at will, is very interesting.

It could mean that we really shape our own reality with our sentience.

It also reminded me of the "double slit experiment". It showed that particles only materialize into physical reality when they are observed. Without the observer, there exists infinite potential.

One of the most interesting things I have ever seen, The Double Slit Experiment.

nl.youtube.com...

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Fascinating.

She spins clockwise for me at first, then the opposite, then back again. I've found that if I focus on the lower left corner, she spins that direction. If I focus on the lower right corner, she spins that way.

I'm left-handed, and not certain I believe the clear deliation between the hemispheres of the brain. That is, various attributes 'residing' within each hemisphere, or handedness having a direct correlation toward one or the other. Interesting post, thank you!

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Its your perception, Of it. like time.

Me, it only goes one way, the way it was animated to go. i cannot control it.
i cannot see how it can be controlled, i cant even imgainge it.

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join