It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forecast: Sex and Marriage with Robots by 2050

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
As much as I'm horrified by this idea of human-robot marriage, I'll be the first one to marry a robotess if I were alive in 2050 and if I were still being rejected by every woman because I didn't have "chemistry" (looks) in their superficial view.

I'll do anything to avoid any more rejection and if it takes a virtual human robot for me to experience marital bliss then............

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   
If you watch the, "Real Dolls", movie someone has listed a link to on the first page, you will see a documentary about three guys I think, it has been a while since I watched, who are spending about 5000.00 on an adult size anatomically correct doll, they weigh about 130 lbs. I believe. These guys dress them, take them places with them and also have sex with their dolls.

One of the guys likes his dolls large chested, he owns several dolls. One of their biggest complaints is how difficult it is to move the dolls. This is a really good documentary they show the factory where the dolls are made and also where to send the dolls for repairs. This is probably one of the most interesting documentary I have seen.

I kept wondering why they did not install some way to make them easier to move, also they were working on a male version.

Right now I have a roomba (a small round robot) to vacuum and sweep my floors and a scooba (a small round robot) to mop my floors, they both work well and I find them helpful and my house is certainly cleaner. I think building robots to be companions is a good thing.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Replying to: Would it be fair to handicap a robot AI with forcing it to like an individual by hard coding it, this goes against free will, a very important thing that makes us free and human. Robots would have full ability to chose there partners and would not have slave status in a just and free society. (unlike the robots of today that search for rich husbands)

My reply: Giving free will to a robot might prove impossible to do as a robot by definition is programmed. In fact do humans have free will or are we hard wired or programmed ourselves?

The idea of marriage between humans and robots is to provide the experience of marriage to the kind of person who is constantly being rejected by the opposite sex. Either the robot will be "hardwired" or programmed to feel love and attraction towards the "plain" looking human or the robot will be "hardwired" or programmed NOT to feel love and attraction towards the "plain" human and the second situation defeats the whole purpose of designing virtual human mates.

Is it nature or nurture? Is it genes or social brainwashing which makes say women attracted to what we consider "handsome" men/tall men/sometimes macho men? I think its nurture/social brainwashing from day one but in either case, humans are unfairly being closed off to other humans and virtual human "robots" of the future are supposed to be the means in which the lonely will be able to share love and marriage.........unless society wants to show people that "plain" looks are attractive too, which they are when we open our minds and feel this.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
seen this movie. it is called AI and came out a few years ago.

pretty boring. Robin Williams had one also that involved robots bumping uglies.
Bicentennial Man i think it was called.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join