It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stroll virtual world without moving a finger!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Found an interesting technological advancement, could have quite a few practical applications..

Japanese researchers say they have found a way to let people stroll through the virtual world of Second Life using their own imagination, in a development that could help paralysis patients.

Previous studies have shown people can move computer cursors through brain waves, but the Japanese team says it is the first to apply the technology to an Internet virtual world.

The link to the full article is here.

www.spacemart.com...

Moving mouse cursors with brain waves ?! Pretty neat.

Mod Edit: Removed part of massive copy/paste:

"If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites; please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject."

[edit on 14-10-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Thats pretty cool. It will help paralyzed people feel like a part of humanity again, at least in the virtual world.

Nice.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Oopps! Sorry bout that mods!

Yeah i think it could be a cracking piece of technology, i cannot possibly imagine how difficult life would be while paralysed and my heart goes out to anyone who's affected.

Wonder how far along they could take the technology, how accurate it would become.

[edit on 15-10-2007 by Smugallo]

join