It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Left / Right Brain Description & Quiz

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

I also got her to stop, or at least I thought it was me

Are you being serious?

I was thinking about that, did anyone else get her to stop?

I hope your not pulling my leg now, because I'll be up all night trying to get her to stop.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Someone find a colour version for me?

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
Very nice example.

I see the figure consistently turning clockwise, but, by concentrating on the foot closest to the floor and noting the 'shadow' reflection, I can force it to turn counterclockwise.

In the early '80's, I was deeply involved with personal experiments after reading Edward's book, Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain. So much so, that I traded hands (I'm right handed) for drawing and even wore an eye-patch to cover my left eye while doing so.

Can't say the trials came to much, but the different attributes between the left and right hemispheres still are a huge issue in my art. These days I'm using my left hand to spread colours indiscriminately on a surface and then, using my right hand, isolate and tease figures/forms from the mess much as one would try to see forms in clouds, etc.

It's fun to do, but the truth is that the forms 'teased out' by me are a glimpse into my personal psychology.

[edit on 13/10/07 by masqua]

So what does it mean if you can't make her turn no matter what you try?

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 01:48 AM
link   
It's clockwise for me. it's hard, but if I concentrate I can get her to go counter clockwise until I look away and back again. then it resets to clockwise.

very cool.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I can only get it to rotate clockwise, and cannot change the direction at all. Strange, however, I do know that you shouldn't try and alter the way she moves with your mind. All you need to do is alter the way your brain thinks she is facing... and that will change the direction she's turning.

[edit on 14/10/07 by JimmyCarterIsSmarter]

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 03:39 AM
link   
WOW that was crazy. When i first watched this i thought that it just was timed to changed direction whenever it wanted and then as i started reading the right brain left brain things on the left of the page it would start turning counter clockwise and then i would look directly at the dancer and she would be turning counter clockwise still but not for long. It would go right back to clock wise. But every single time i read it starts moving counter clockwise. pretty cool stuff

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 04:08 AM
link   
OK, it finally happened for me.
If you stare a the center of the page and look at the image from the corner of your eye, she flip flops back and forth left and right and doesn't spin.

It sure would be interesting to know what the 3D animator that rotoscoped the images actually did when he/she created the GIF.
Did he/she spin it CW or CCW?

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 05:25 AM
link   
It's made with no depth, called an orthographic view so it doesn't matter which way the animator made it spin.

I can't get her to go anti-clockwise, driving me crazy trying.

Has anyone else notice she has prominent nipples? no...

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by myowncrusade

yes, I did notice that.

I can't seem to get her to spin clockwise (point of reference top-down).

It just doesn't seem logical to me from the motion of the foot for her to go any other way.

I am left-handed with slight ambidextrous tendancies, for instance, I cannot bat left handed, I must bat right handed in baseball and other such quirks.

I'll admit, I haven't put hours into this image. I have been able to switch other images at will in my head, and create optical illusions where there were not since a child with altering my focus and concentration.

I guess with ATS on my mind, I am in pure logical mode, though some would disagree since I am rather open-minded to all things, but, to me, that IS the logical choice.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   
For me if I look at it straight on and focus my attention on it, it goes clockwise, but if I see it in my peripheral vision, it goes anti clockwise.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   
When I watch it with my peripheral vision it goes one way, when I look at it it goes the other.

And it does not matter which side of peripheral vision I use, which should matter since left peripheral vision goes straight to right brain, and right peripheral vision goes to left.

I do not know if test is valid for that reason. I could refer to studies that show peripheral vision does go to right and left sides.

edit:
well I went back, I seem to be wrong, I could switch it back and forth even in peripheral

I thought of math tables it went one way, I thought of philosophy ideas, at the moment of inception of thought it reversed direction.

[edit on 14-10-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Weird but it is programmed it must be..

I have a folder of the 34 bmps.. running thru slow or fast her right leg is up whether she gos left or right, but close the images and come back in minutes and its changed, the left leg gos up instead..... ive re wrote this post like 4 times........

Its some kinda horizontal flip program it must be
check this other thread out youa ll may be missing something, same topic and an animator is getting on the case.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

(double posting my finds on both threads)

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Honestly I think the whole right/left brain thing with regards to this illusion is questionable. Then again, I'm no scientist.

Minimise the window and then maximise it again. Do this a couple of times and you'll notice that it changes direction based on the first initial direction that you see. e.g. If you first see her extended leg moving from left to right, you'll think she's moving counter-clockwise.

I can sit there and watch her not even do a full rotation. She'll swivel about 90 degrees and then change direction continuously. I do this just by using her extended foot as a reference for direction.

So yeah, I'm not sure how true this is to the whole right/left brain thing.

[edit on 14-10-2007 by Comatose]

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Do you notice its her left leg up when she gos left and her right when she gos right? the only way to make that possible is by 'horizontal flip' of the image....

Im still baffled... posting more on the other tread tho.. pretty bugging having 2 threads of this going on.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

I also got her to stop, or at least I thought it was me

Are you being serious?

I was thinking about that, did anyone else get her to stop?

I hope your not pulling my leg now, because I'll be up all night trying to get her to stop.

I havnt made her stop yet but I make her breakdance! Rolling thru the still bmp frames with my wheel going down she spins one way, then when I jiggle the wheel fast she turns and gos the other way... really its doing my head in

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I can get her to change direction at will.
If someone got her to stop I think the image froze because she does have front and back and trhe leg has to be spinning.

To get her to change direction at first it was because I was reading the writing in top left corner of article I saw the "flip" from the corner of my eye. So I tryed it again and it worked and now I can look straight at the image and change it's direction.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I am a little confuse.......the pony tail gives it away.....it ise moving clockwise...........

Well, I am very creative.....telll me how some of you see it the other way.....

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
You have to change your perspective of which way that you believe she is facing....

When she is in the middle position imagine that she is instantly transported around facing the opposite direction that you believe she is facing.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Clockwise for me. I saw her stop like she was going to change directions (or a glitch in my connection). Neat stuff.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
I see the figure consistently turning clockwise, but, by concentrating on the foot closest to the floor and noting the 'shadow' reflection, I can force it to turn counterclockwise.

Same. I used your strategy to force the counterclockwise, but notice that it only holds for a short time. If I move up to include the knee area in my view, it forces the rotation back to clockwise.

I'd have never predicted that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join