It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rudy Giuliani Campaign Funded by Vulture Funds?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Rudy Giuliani, the Republican front-runner in the presidential race, is receiving policy advice and money from a billionaire investor in “vulture funds”, the activities of which have been condemned as “nothing short of scandalous” by Gordon Brown.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

“I deplore the activities of so-called vulture funds that seek to profit from debts owed by the poorest countries in the world.” In one instance, Mr Singer’s firm paid $11 million for discounted Peruvian debt and then sued the Government through a Brussels court for full payment of $58 million. Another more recent case has seen an Elliott Associates affiliate, Kensington International, buy $100 million of debt that the Republic of the Congo defaulted on for $39 million and then sue the impoverished nation for $375 million.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

I just read about this. I have never even heard of "vulture funds" until now
Any other candidate connected to this?

It makes me sick that people would stoop that low for their own selfish gains.

[edit on 13-10-2007 by juicebox]

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I'm not a Giuliani supporter but so far it seems much ado about nothing. It is already standard operating procedure to use third world debt to rape and pillage hard assets of third world countries. It is not illegal to buy and sell debt or to try to make the debtors pay.

The democrats on the other hand, especially the Clintons have a nasty history of accepting money from drug dealers and foreign governments and not reporting these assets. Hillary and her campaign finance fiascoes with Norman Hsu and Peter Paul broke a number of campaign finance laws. Moreover with her illegal wire tapping, crooked land deals and a host of other criminal activity, I fear for the republic if she gets elected.

I have only a slightly less fear for a Giuliani regime, but for different reasons.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Both Hillary and Giuliani make me absolutely sick to my stomach; The only candidate I like a little is Mike Gravel. So far the game plan is looking kind of like sit out the elections and start saving for a move to Switzerland once Bill Clinton's android wife wins.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Gordon brown does not wan't an Italian American in the white house.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by DaVillen

When all else fails, pull out the race card, eh? Why should Gordon Brown give a crap about Italian-Americans?

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by uberarcanist

Yeah it's kind of depressing, but with Switzerland being overrun by foreign aliens, it seems that the peace loving Swiss are starting to use chainsaws to intimidate foreigners......

Swiss Chainsaw Attack

My vote will go to Ron Paul, at least in the primaries. After that, maybe Constitution party could recruit him.

I really don't know anywhere in the world where you can escape the globalism madness that is dismantling our country. Maybe Russia is still acting in her national self interest, but I think it would not be pleasant for a westerner.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

My ex-girlfriend was Russian. She said it was positively hell on earth. Rampant crime and an awful climate to boot. No country's perfect, but so far I admire the Swiss model the best. Damned expensive place to live, however.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by uberarcanist

First of all answer this one question "has any other race other than white anglicans ever run the white house?" The answer would be no. The parternship between the american leader and the UK leader have always been a very important one (especially when it comes down to related bloodlines and freemasonry).

Bottom line is if Giuliani wins the white house, it means the bloodlines are not important anymore like they once were. Most US presidents in the past have been related to the Queen of England.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DaVillen

But if Gordon Brown really DOES want to "preserve the purity" of bloodlines in the American Presidency, where do we see him criticizing Barack Obama?

new topics

top topics

join