It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Govt. ID Cards

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I wanted to ask the questions of fellow ATS posters. Just how long do you think it will be until ID cards are made mandatory for all US citizens? Bushs initiative on identifing and regestering illegal immigrants could just be the tip of the iceberg. How long do you see guard posts at state borders asking you for your ID(papers?) before crossing state lines....

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   
drivers license, passport, social security number these are all goverment ID's, i think what is gona happen is that they will bring in a new card, one that they say covers everything, so people will go and get it, it wont be mandatory straight away, give it 10 years, then it will be mandatory, just like a birth certificate.

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Go ahead, try to have "Internal Checkpoints".

I will NOT obey them, not as long as i am a natural, breathing, American.

I aint no stinkin U.S. citizen, no matter how many times i was tricked.

I am free.

I am one of, "We the People..." who created Congress (Government), Congress did NOT create me.

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
i'll bet it will be those VeriChip things that they put into your body and from what i've heard i guess it's like having a UPC code on yourself. No Thanks!

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
this is starting to get into the topic of the thread I started here about the NWO:

abovetopsecret.com...

one of the signs I heard about the end coming in the bible along with the reconstruction of the temple of Jerusalem is a unified form of indentification or payment of currency, and these chips or hand stamps are exactly the idea that was explained to me

that, and the unification of currency in europe which looks like it's going to be the euro dollar

not to mention plans for reconstruction of the temple of Jerusalem has already been approved

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Its from the The Armagedon. No person shall be able to make purchase without the mark of the beast. I think thats how it goes. So didnt they have a few years back a program that you can tag your kids so you can never lose them. I mean ok a lot of the bible is interpertation. Same with predictions. We will just have to see.

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by groovyguru
I wanted to ask the questions of fellow ATS posters. Just how long do you think it will be until ID cards are made mandatory for all US citizens? Bushs initiative on identifing and regestering illegal immigrants could just be the tip of the iceberg. How long do you see guard posts at state borders asking you for your ID(papers?) before crossing state lines....

at state borders? didnt the soviets do that? youll need a lib in the office for that to happen

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by groovyguru

Never. Too many people cross state lines every day. It would be impossible to enforce.

Now, a national ID card isn't that bad of an idea from a social standpoint. It's a passport, driver's license, Social Security Card all wrapped in to one.

ID is mandatory, anyway, has been for decades. Now, unless the cards have some sort of radio chip tracking all of us, I don't see the big deal except some people thinking that having your picture on a card is the mark of the beast.

As for illegal immigrants, I don't want them catalogued. I want their asses put on a truck and dumped over the border. You wanna live here, go through the proper channels.

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I agree about illegal immigrants, but that's the opposite of Bush's current view. Did you see him embracing illegal aliens from Mexico? For now they are all "temporarily legal", it was a big deal with the president of Mexico and him.

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 03:07 AM
link   
It's going to happen & it will be voluntary. If you want to get on a plane faster etc. you will need one.

Kind of reminds me of the shopping cards, get one and pay $5 for a steak - without one pay $10.

Just no way around it.

The supreme court already told the police it's okay to do roadblocks to look for criminals. Since there's always crimes happening that gives them the ablility to put up a roadblock anytime anywhere. I bet we start seeing them at the borders.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   
There are too many roads crossing the boarders of states, even if there was money to pay for hundreds of thousands of government workers the ways around the checkpoints would be extensive. Unless each state had and electric fence around it you could cross the line in any of a thousand ways. The government has already allowed you to have a digital tracking device. The FCC or anyone in the government who has authorization can use it... This tracking device is a cell phone. The old cell phones can be triangulated to find your location within 100-200 yards the newer cell phones with GSM technology can be tracked from 1-3 feet. Thus anybody who has a cell phone can be tracked pretty well.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   
who will issue these cards? It just moves towards more centralized gov. Fed now controls who drives , travels by all mediums.

new topics

top topics

join