It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hiding from the government!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Ok, lets say the NWO thing happens. World Government is going crazy and over seeing everything you do. Your goal is to not want them to see the things you do. These are some question from a class I am in and I am interested to see how other people answer them.

1. Without revealing your identity, acquire a US cellular phone that can be used for at least 60 minutes. Where will you get the phone? How will you pay for it? How can you be sure your identity will not be revealed?

2. Show how you would get a cellular telephone in another country without revealing your identity. Detail step by step how you would accomplish this.

3. Create an email account that does not link back to you. Show step by step how and where the account would be established.

4. You need to visit a particular website that you know is being monitored by the opposition. The website requires that you log in with your secret password each time to get access to the info you need. How could you visit this site three times over a week without being identified? Be specific on how you do it each time.

5. You and your friends want to share documents over the internet without any of you being identified. How could you do this? Describe the mechanism you would create to allow you to share the documents.

I answered number 5 with this.

The sharing of information between operatives in a network is important. For example the Al Qaeda terrorist network, that operates worldwide, has to share information over the internet. They relay messages and files to each other most of the time without being seen. They, or anyone else needing to do this, can do it in a number of ways. AIM, America Online Instant Messenger, is a free service you can download or use in a Java format to communicate to other people throughout the AIM or AOL network. It is very simple to sign up for an AIM account and then delete it as needed. It is also possible to sign up for these accounts at internet cafés where you could be totally anonymous. Making sure to pay in cash and using fake identification if needed would be necessary. Another way without using an internet café would be to hide your identity would be to access random WI-FI hot spots with a laptop. To further hide your identity no matter which method you choose would be to use a proxy server. This can be accessed on any unsecured Windows operation system PC. You go into internet explorer, click tools on the option bar, then internet options. Inside this you can click a tab called connections, then LAN settings. Under LAN settings you can input a proxy server address. By going to the website www.publicproxyservers.com... you are able to select from a range of proxy servers around the globe. You will want to pick one that is labeled anonymous. If you do this you cannot be easily tracked when sending the receiving information. This method of hiding your identity could also be used to access a website repeatedly without being identified. The most important thing is to access the internet from a different source and use a different proxy each time.

What do you guys think? Anyways this is my first time post and I figured this would get some good discussion going on how to survive a government that is always watching! Well that is if the government goes bad.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Hmmmm....you know, I always seem to bust on the paranoid people that are here at ATS sometimes, but now, I think I'm one of them.

You know that you're fishing for information that a terrorist could use to stay off the radar of people hunting them. Remember OPSEC!!

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ChrisBROKC

I think your answer to #5 was quite good Chris
You pretty much covered all the bases...One other option you could use to mask your identity while using the internet is to get a windoze program called Tor...

Tor pretty much allows your net connection to be rerouted thru other people also using the Tor network which makes hard for anyone wanting to track you online to do so...Find it at tor.eff.org...

As for #1 & #2, in Australia it is VERY difficult to get a SIM card without showing photo ID...Don't know about where you are tho

#3 is pretty easy and I'm sure you already know how to set up a webmail account...Obviously you'll want to do it on a public computer to make identifying you more difficult...

#4 is a tricky one and I'd have to give it more thought...

Hope your class goes well

Peace

EDIT -- correct url

[edit on 13-10-2007 by Rilence]

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Forgive my skepticism and bluntness here, but what are you fishing for with this? Your request for explanations as to how to achieve each objective in a detailed step-by-step just sets of the li'l alarm-bell at the back of my mind

I have a gut-feeling that you're looking at ways to prevent circumvention of current security-monitoring for research or other purposes as your post is written in a very intelligent manner.

I'm probably wrong though, and no offence intended....and welcome to the fray here at ATS

[edit on 13-10-2007 by citizen smith]

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I don't own a cell phone right now, so I wouldn't then, rendering #1 and #2 pretty much useless. Pay phones are probably the way to go. If you need a cell phone I guess the best way to go with that is get a prepaid phone from a store like Wal-mart... not even sure if they require you to give any information... I think you just buy the phone, buy a 60 minute phone card off the shelf and that's it, no questions asked.

#3, there is some website where you can send out emails with other address names to hide who it's from, but I forget what it is.. I haven't seen it in over a year.

[edit on 10/13/2007 by Yarcofin]

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Well since people are curious here is some background information on the class. It is over 21st Century Intelligence Problems. It is also taught by a ex CIA Operative and Opperations manager. He did that work for 35 years. He also teaches other spy and counter terrorism courses. I have only have the pleasure of taking the basic course and this one so far.

Anyways he is just trying to get us to think clandestinely on our own.

Thanks guys for the help and comments. I am located in the United States. On the foreign cell phone question I wrote this down.

Being able to communicate on the go is a must even when in a foreign country such as the United Kingdom. It is also a must to be anonymous while doing so. The best way to do this is to buy a prepaid cell phone. In the United Kingdom there is something new that is shortly going to be in just about every big city, cell phone vending machines. Vodafone is the one leading this venture in the UK. They have 3 different types of cell phones to choose from, you can add any amount of minutes, and you can do all of this anonymously from the vending machine. These machines accept cash and do not require any form of identification. It would be important to scope the machine’s location first before doing the transaction to make sure there are no cameras that can see your face. It would also be important that if there were cameras in the area to wear heavier clothing, a hat, or a full blown disguise to be less identifiable.

Thoughts?

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Thoughts?

Yes,,I have a thought.......

It is also taught by a ex CIA Operative and Opperations manager. He did that work for 35 years. He also teaches other spy and counter terrorism courses.

Sounds like big brother is recruiting help to find out what people are doing to avoid him. No such thing as Ex-CIA.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Many of these techniques I used in my post are already used today by terrorists and spies around the world including the CIA. I highly doubt he is fishing for info on how to spy from Political Science students.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   
What about tracking devices in cells? Buy the phone and they have you pinpointed

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
N.W.O happens, i become a lone operative.

Simple as.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisBROKC
These [mobile dispenser] machines accept cash and do not require any form of identification. It would be important to scope the machine’s location first before doing the transaction to make sure there are no cameras that can see your face.

If no ID is required and the phones can be bought with anonymous cash, then the problem of ID-ing the purchaser at the point-of-sale will already have been considered at the machine's design-stage

IE: An inbuilt camera much like the ones used in most UK ATM machines
(In case you didn't know about these, the camera is located behind the display screen and monitors you during the transaction...the ones overlooking the ATM are for an anti-mugging deterrent)

The phones that can be bought will presumably have been designed with an additional 'tracking' capacity too. At present, when any mobile phone is powered-on it periodically pings for the nearest cell transmitters, creating a record of your location triangulated down to within a few meters.

A safe assumption would be that these dispenser-phones will have the ability to be tracked even when the handset is turned off, as long as the battery is supplying power.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by citizen smith

These [mobile dispenser] machines accept cash and do not require any form of identification. It would be important to scope the machine’s location first before doing the transaction to make sure there are no cameras that can see your face.

If no ID is required and the phones can be bought with anonymous cash, then the problem of ID-ing the purchaser at the point-of-sale will already have been considered at the machine's design-stage

IE: An inbuilt camera much like the ones used in most UK ATM machines
(In case you didn't know about these, the camera is located behind the display screen and monitors you during the transaction...the ones overlooking the ATM are for an anti-mugging deterrent)

The phones that can be bought will presumably have been designed with an additional 'tracking' capacity too. At present, when any mobile phone is powered-on it periodically pings for the nearest cell transmitters, creating a record of your location triangulated down to within a few meters.

A safe assumption would be that these dispenser-phones will have the ability to be tracked even when the handset is turned off, as long as the battery is supplying power.

Thanks for the info! I did not know this. I don't think being tracked is the issue though. If they sell millions of these which they will they will not be tracking each and everyone of them. It will simply be information overload. But camera's behind screens and such is an issue. If you where able to get the phone and use it anonymously even though it had the ability to be tracked it should still be ok. You just wouldn't want to keep the same phone for long. When it comes to listen to the conversations on the phones I would think they would be very hard for SIGINT intelligence groups like the agencies within the USAUK agreement to sort it all. I relize they have programs like Echelon to weed through and find word in conversation then flag the call. But with billions of people throughout Europe on the cell phone chatting it up the would never beable to find what is real and whats not. Our Professor told us how there was a call between what seemed to be two saudi's before the 9/11 terrorist attacks. It was in the NSA databanks but wasn't found intill 2 days after the attacks. It was to relay the date for the attacks from the cells inside of the United States back to Al Qaeda. One pretended to be a baker, the other a relative. He asked have you made any cakes lately or something that effect. He said yes, a round cake with two candles and a stick on the side.

so O + l + 1 + 1 = 9 11

That didn't look bad untill after the attack happened.

Oh and being able to turn the cell phone "on" but really to look off is real. In the recent book we read, Killing Pablo, the USA group known as Centra Spike had the ability to turn Pablos phones on if they had a battery to pinpoint a location. They would do this at night usually when the phones where off.... but they were really turned on.
This was back in the late Bush Senior years and early Clinton. Amagine what they have now!

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Good point,there is no such thing as an ex CIA agent,once your in,your in for life,and are on call 24 hrs a day

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
A few things come to mind -

1. You need a phone here in the US and then one ine the UK all the while NOT being tracked. Unless you have a BIG boat or your own airplane to get across the big drink, you are already tracked once you step foot into the terminal.

2. You mention "A class you are taking and if this NWO thing goes down. Did the class description really say NWO thing goes down, or did you add that for a little 'flavor'?

3. They don't need to track a million phones at one time, no information overload. Here is how it works - You buy a phone at a dispenser unit. The camera snaps your pic -*smile*- The file ( every picture file ) is sent to the government to have its face recognition software take a look. BAM you are recognized. Your picture is file #34432 - Look at purchase logs of the vending machine and see file #34432 purchased phone #45439 with tracking id chip #90898A - turn on the satelite boys we got us a runner!

Dorian Soran

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Oh and being able to turn the cell phone "on" but really to look off is real. In the recent book we read, Killing Pablo, the USA group known as Centra Spike had the ability to turn Pablos phones on if they had a battery to pinpoint a location. They would do this at night usually when the phones where off.... but they were really turned on.
This was back in the late Bush Senior years and early Clinton. Amagine what they have now!

This has been used already by FBI against mob figures
www.break.com...

Their are two issues, detection(popping above the radar) and then what they can track and hear(actual gathering)

If you pop up on the radar, just assume everything you say is monitored. If they want to devote enough resources then they can find a way to track or listen. Of coarse a push back for freedom and rights might be expending those resources that are being used against our constitutional rights, if enough people did it, it might make the programs public, or to costly.

(From post above.)
Was that comment "Boys we got a runner" a refrence to Logins Run, I liked that, good chuckle

[edit on 13-10-2007 by Redge777]

apc

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
That is easy, and as I'm sure they have already taken all this into account, it would be nothing new. Still near impossible to track until a mistake is made... and one often is.

1. Pay some kid to go into Walmart and get a prepaid.

2. Dunno... probably the same.

3. Wardrive then bounce through a proxy or two in China for kicks.

4. See #3.

5. Steganography.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dorian Soran
A few things come to mind -

1. You need a phone here in the US and then one ine the UK all the while NOT being tracked. Unless you have a BIG boat or your own airplane to get across the big drink, you are already tracked once you step foot into the terminal.

2. You mention "A class you are taking and if this NWO thing goes down. Did the class description really say NWO thing goes down, or did you add that for a little 'flavor'?

3. They don't need to track a million phones at one time, no information overload. Here is how it works - You buy a phone at a dispenser unit. The camera snaps your pic -*smile*- The file ( every picture file ) is sent to the government to have its face recognition software take a look. BAM you are recognized. Your picture is file #34432 - Look at purchase logs of the vending machine and see file #34432 purchased phone #45439 with tracking id chip #90898A - turn on the satelite boys we got us a runner!

Dorian Soran

1. This type of thing would be used by a person living in the country I assume. Not really going to and from the USA and UK. Either way it wouldn't matter. If you came into the UK, bought two or three prepaids and spoke in code they would have no clue where to start for awhile if you bought the phones anonymously. You would have to swap up phones everyonce and awhile to stay hidden.

2. Added that for spice. This info could be used to run agents, or used by other covert operations.

3. Ok, right, IF they get your picture that is.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
i hate to be a stereotypical gangster here but...on 1 and 2 wouldnt it be easier just to steal somones phone and toss it when your done? imean if its a matter of survival or fighting a oppressive government the ends justify the means right?

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by justanothergangster
i hate to be a stereotypical gangster here but...on 1 and 2 wouldnt it be easier just to steal somones phone and toss it when your done? imean if its a matter of survival or fighting a oppressive government the ends justify the means right?

This could be an option. But you would have to steal a phone every time you needed to use one. Might be risky? I don't know. All I know is that the times I lost cell phones I turned them off ASAP.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   
In regards to question # 1, does it require a private phone conversation. Does it matter if the person you are calling has a record kept of that number?

#3 use web based mail. I have several accounts that link me to no one. You can even use library computers to log in with.

#4 is a little interesting. Depending on the software the website uses would determine how easy it is to access the directories. Even an FTP site would be something to think about. Going through the password system would be an alert. Only way to overcome that is d/l many items. If you have 100 items and download all of them, but you know what you need. The rest could be the books of an encyclopedia and just technical stuff.

#5 could use web based mail and store the info for draft.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join