It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shadow People are Nonsense.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
I just stayed still and then he came up beside me and fell across me (about at the line of my bellybutton) and disappeared as he fell into me.

Well now, maybe he was a drunk shadowperson or he mistook your bellybutton for a porthole

Just kidding. Although I've seen one, can't help having a sense of humor about them.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
What I would be interested to know from all of you is why this is considered a new breed of supernatural entity and not just a new way that apparitions are now presenting themselves. I think that it would be even more disconcerting if what we have generally accepted as spirits have evolved into something nastier. If that idea completely doesn't work for anyone on either side of the issue, then what is everyone's personal beliefs as far as their origin... especially since similar reports have occured for a long time, but with a extreme increase in frequency over the last few years. Let me know.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by shockedonlooker

Thank you much for posting your sketch. It did however look like he was trying to find a men's room door to attach itself to. lol, j/k. Seriously, the picture gives me some idea of what you saw. I assume you never saw it again and that there was no way for it to be a shadow of anything...? Thanks again for your post, I'll be looking forward to your response.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Please don't jump on me for this.... this is not an inflammatory question. Can we all at least agree that this one phenomenon that is pretty easy to fabricate in the form of photographs. Before anyone jumps back into TAPS. I tend to think they are pretty honest guys, and the occasions that they do find something unexplainable I take it to heart. I don't say that was a shadow person, or it was that, etc, but I accept for the most part that if they say they don't know what it was, they aren't lying to me/us.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I'll respond to some of the other posts later, for now I'm must be off.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Nola213

It has occurred to me that sleep deprivation, drugs, and other altered states may not be CAUSING sightings of such "shadow people", but rather ENABLING them. The so-called veil between our world and the spirit world may only be our attachment to what I will call normal states of being-what we are used to.

My son mentioned shadows bothering him just before going to sleep tonight. He has demonstrated some psychic abilities, so this leaves me wondering just what the shadows are. They were certainly not terrifying to this 4 year old, but he was watching warily.

I am considering altering my own state somehow to find out if I can see what he sees.

Any thoughts?

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I have to put my 2 cents in.

I have seen shadow people and one of them whispered buddy at me.

I was not on drugs, and I was scared.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
post removed

[edit on 16/8/09 by masqua]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
i have a theory on them .. that most will not understand.... i think they are entities that attach themselves to us in our younger stages of life... maybe 2 or three of them at a time we see them when we pass on they don't pass with us are they ghost no are they demons maybe... i have seen them and i have heard them as well as the rest of my family... explains bi polar... and some other mental diseases. i believe they have been here since the beginning before we were here... familiar spirits. are they all bad no but can cause bad things to happen around you ...bad luck so to speak... after we started seeing them regularly or bills shot up and well just a lot of hanky things have happened. we have moved several times it is not allocated to a place of residence is it caused by stress most likely when our bodies are under any kind of distress we see them more.. rather it be drugs ( and no i was using when i see them or any other time) or just having a bad day. are they aliens um well that i have no clue of aliens to me refers to things from other places i think they are from here have always been here... as technology increases we come more aware of them... and to be honest i think most of the ghostly stuff we see and hear or feel is because of them.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

I'm not so sure about your conclusions. Check this video out.

Emerson County has reports of strange shadowy creatures/people first in 1957. In August of 1997, roughly 2 miles from where original reports originated, a video camera was found and turned into local authorities. What they saw on the old tape was scary, mysterious, and remains unexplained to this day. Some people refer to this "shadowy creature" as a "Shadow Person".

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I'm usually pretty skeptical when it comes to most paranormal activities, i've lived in old houses that people swore were haunted etc and listened to a bunch of stories that i'm not sure i believe but 'shadow people' or what's described of them i've seen several times, i wasn't aware they were new to the paranormal world either, I just happened to stumble across a paranormal forum and find the term 'shadow people' and it added up to what i've been seeing since 01 (furtherest back i can remember - would have been 16 then.)

Hey i'm not saying 100% they exist - i could have been tired each time or stressed and thought i saw something, the usual problems that stop people from taking these sort of stories seriously or that stop people from reporting them, but so many people seeing similar things is a little odd. plus, one incident with seeing one in the beginning of 07 almost had me ****ing my dacks so i'll believe in them until proven otherwise for the mo'!

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I have seen the so called "shadow people" and it was one of the most terrifying experiences of my entire life. I believe them to be some type of demon or negative entity. Obviously I can't quantify exactly what they are, but we can at least have an idea. I was a young boy playing with my sister in our parents bedroom. We were standing in front of the dresser they had and it had a very large mirror. All of the sudden we both looked up into the mirror sort of and saw a hooded entity go from the floor and up through the ceiling. As it passed I could hear a rushing in my ears and once it went through the ceiling it stopped. My sister and I looked at one another and screamed that instant in horror and ran out of the room. There was a feeling of dread, emptiness, and pain when it passed. We ran to my father and of course he told us we were seeing things, but it could not have been more real. We both saw the same thing.

I actually forgot about it for years until I was searching the paranormal online and saw the description of a shadow person and then I remembered that day in vivid detail. I would say I never truly "forgot" it, but more so suppressed it until I read that webpage and brought back the memory. I am not afraid of it and wouldn't be if I saw one today, but I remember as a child the fear that entity brought into my heart. Interesting experience nonetheless.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

That is a blatant studio production, please don't bring it into this thread.

As for the poster above me, you're not alone - put it like that. I'm certain that shadow people are a genuine phenomenon but there is a lot of misinformation and downright fabrication involved by large numbers of people. Unfortunately I don't think it's really feasible to research as it's so unpredictable and there is no physical evidence aside from the outline of a "shadow person" and the emotional stress.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I saw a 'figure' stepping into our main bedroom doorway a couple of days ago, picture a 20foot hallway leading from the front room to the front door, its an apartment of flat, the spare bedroom is the first door in the left, and 3 foot after that is the door to our main bedroom.
I was moving from the front room to go to the bedroom at about 6.30 pm GMT ( twilight ) and as I was looking where I was going, I saw the bottom half of a 'figure' stepping INTO the main bedroom doorway, like when you see someone walking , you can discern their legs and waist, as if they were walking quickly, the body is at an angle leaning foward when in motion.
Thats what I saw, enough to actually speed up and check the room to make sure no one was in the flat.

So I'm afraid from my experience , shadow people exist.
They're just on another plane and sometimes events or situations enable us to 'peer' at them.

[edit on 20/11/09 by DataWraith]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

What I hate about "Shadow People" is how they're SO one-dimensional!! Sorry, couldn't help myself

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I think Shadow People are aliens in disguise.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Do you see air ??? How can it exsist??

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I wish when people are making such a declarative statement, they would instead say, " To me shadow people are nonsense." If you've never seen one, of course, they don't exist to you. They do, however, exist to the people who have seen one. I have seen one and I know they exist and no one can tell me any different.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   

I didn't know about "shadow people" until today, when I read about them in a different thread (and I am till not sure what they are).
But "vapory beings", as you call them, have been seen by a number of mountain climbers. I think Reinhold Messner himself saw one (I am not sure).
It's very easy for those who do not climb themselves to say it's "probably" oxygen deprivation and so on. But such "logical" explanations do not take into account the amount of preparation (acclimatizing) these people have. It also doesn't take into account those climbers didn't appear to see anything else that would be out of the ordinary.

Also, what is a hallucination anyway? Maybe certain substances only make possible to see what really is there but is usually not percieved.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

I agree totally about the language.
But could you describe this being that you saw and the circumtances, please?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join