It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shadow People are Nonsense.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   
The feeling of anything watching you can be relatively unnerving.... thanks again for your contribution.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Anyone have any other opinions?

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Yeah, I definitely do have another opinion.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Thanks for posting this.

I sort of agree with you. There is too much lack of credible evidence on shadow people.

[edit on 13/10/2007 by OzWeatherman]

Just curious here. What exactly would you call credible evidence of a shadow person? If we can't physically touch them then all we can have is pictures. No one will believe what they see in the picture is more than just a shadow anyway, so what are people that see them/think they see them supposed to do to get this evidence?

I have seen strange things out of the corner of my eye. I can't say for sure what it was but I would use the typical shadow person description just like everyone else. I can't say that I 100% know they exist, but my brother can and does say just that. He says "One night shortly after moving into my new house I had to go to bed. As I walked into my new bedroom I caught a figure on my dresser mirror out of the corner of my eye(I figured it was my reflection at first). A few seconds later I remembered that I had not yet put my dresser together and the mirror hadn't been moved to this house just yet. I turned on the light and seconds later it disappeared." My brother was quite freaked out by this encounter.

Like I said, I don't know personally that they exist or what they would be if they did. What I do know is, if my brother says he saw it, then he saw it.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Osiris1953 For example one night around this time of year 2006 my wife and I woke up to rather maniacal laughter coming over the baby monitor. There was nothing unusual in my daughter's room, she was sound asleep, but it still scared the hell out of us. It could have picked up our next door neighbors that are notoriously loud, but they didn't seem to be up and about. There are a number of other explanations but it was still rather bizarre. Thanks for your post.

My wife and I did regular trips all over the U.K. on our motorcycles for over a decade and invested in wirefree helmet based communication intercoms.
At this time the frequency for both motorcycle intercoms & baby monitors was a shared wavelength.
We once heard a demented laughter as you describe which was quite disturbing. This was well after midnight. Sometimes I reflect on this instance and wonder if we witnessed an E.V.P.

~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by adamneldon

I know its costly and maybe a tad inplausible, but a night vision camera or thermal imaging camera would be a start. But I mean there isnt many that would go to such a length to prove something like this

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I would imagine that night vision would work but as far as thermal, if they are not in our dimension as some people think. Would they have a heat signature?

Oh and did anyone catch the latest episode of Ghost Hunters? Looked like they got a female shadow person on tape if I remember right.

[edit on 13-10-2007 by adamneldon]

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Thermal may or may not work, but if you know somewhere where sightings are frequent it'd be worth a shot wouldn't it?

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by adamneldon
I would imagine that night vision would work but as far as thermal, if they are not in our dimension as some people think. Would they have a heat signature?

The video taken in the St. Augustine lighthouse by the TAPS guys would tend to point at NO. And that shadow person didn't activate the motion activated lights either if I recall.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   

That is of course assuming any who would want to attempt such things can afford the equipment.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Well maybe after I win the lotto I will look into it. lol. I dont know of a place or have the funds.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

You said that you do have another opinion, I would like to hear your full opinion regarding the matter. So far this has been a calm and polite conversation about shadow people, with that said, I would like to have many different viewpoints.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

Agreed. Ghost Hunters do have quite a few episodes where they capture shadow people on camera. Unfortunately, we all know that this will be quickly debunked as video manipulation by those who would rather not believe at all, let alone consider the possibility, of otherworldly entities.
One thing that is rampantly evident, in regards to the paranormal, is skepticism, which not entirely a bad thing, makes convincing someone there exists 'proof of the paranormal' (somewhat ironic eh?) much more difficult.
I like to think of the paranormal as normal happenings waiting to be explored.
So, yes, I think shadow people are perfectly possible in the sense that they havent been dis-proven yet ... i mean...why not right?

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Osiris1953
reply to post by Valhall

You said that you do have another opinion, I would like to hear your full opinion regarding the matter.

I don't believe the idea of shadow people is nonsense.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

I understand that, I was just hoping that you would expound a bit more. That's fine if you don't want to..... just leaving the offer on the table.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
This reminds me of "shadow rats". At least thats what we used to call em up in NY.

People see them out of the corner of thier eye for a split second. Black objects sometimes people say they look like rats, or cats, or small dogs. Once in a while they'll say it was a small person.

It's more prevalent in places like drug detoxes and pshyc wards, because of so many sleep deprived people coming off meds/being put on new meds-- there's alot of people who haven't slept for days.

Anyone can see these, especially if your overworked, stressed , but especially if you aren't sleeping well.

It's a trick of the brain. No pshychic phenomena here in my opinion.

Try not sleeping for a week and tell me what you start seeing. Your dreams start to manifest themselves, while your awake, first with shadows, then well it can get pretty scary from what I've heard if you don't sleep for a good 5-7 days, I'm talking ZERO sleep. Because they (your dreams) have to have "stage time" in the brain for the subconcious to funtion properly.

Now I'm not saying this accounts for all of this Shadow people stuff, but it might account for some of it.

But alot of people who are seeing these things are awake at night, can't sleep because they are afraid of the "shadow people", unknowingly, they are causeing the phenomena by depriving themselves of sleep.

That's my theory anyhow.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Osiris1953
Wow, I'm surprised people haven't jumped all over this yet. lol.

Well honestly I could care less if this person thinks its none sense..
They are clearly mis informed and I guess never had any dealings with shadow people..
Mind you shadow people, are not these "people" who look like shadows..
Sure thats none sense..
Some will get it.. Others will never be able to fathom what is going on in life.. And IM far to tired these days to try and explain it to these folks..

Its like whatever man.. If you dont belive fine.. But dont make a butt out of yourself by saying its all nonesenes!!! This thread is none sense...

Edit: Sorry there.. I worked all day long and this was the first thread I saw today, and just really got under my skin.. I removed any bad words I used and was not an attack on OP really other than they didnt do their research and seems to be well set in their ways..

YOu cant teach an old dog new tricks.. And Im just to worn out to try to explain this to them.. Ack! You see thats how they get us!! But thats another thread! And Im to tired to make that thread! get it?

[edit on 13-10-2007 by zysin5]

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Though I might have said it different, I'm actually going to have to second the underlying message of the previous poster's comments...

the original post of this thread gave the reasons why one person has decided to not believe there might be shadow people. It was a review of the reasons why the decision has been made for one person.

That does not equate to proving something to be nonsense. So, the flavor of the whole first post pretty much turns a lot of people off, and I guess what you'll get is a lot of like-minded people saying - yeah, that's what I've decided to. But you might not act so astounded that no one wants to waste the energy to point out that your decision not to accept the eye witness accounts and video and photographic evidence available doesn't actually make the subject nonsense.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

They seemed to be of human size, Not real tall like a giant but average human size. Yes they would move through walls. They act almost shocked when they realize that you can see them.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I still think these beings are merely invisible, that would explain why they are black and shadowy. I think some could be evil but I feel that most are beings that wish to be left alone when most people see them while obeing. Maybe when someone sees a shadow person there just checking up on you, and since no one can tell who they are, there invisibleness would be a good idea. They could be loved ones who don't want the person living to know it's them and get all excited or freaked out. I don't think any spirit wants to spoil the surprise of life after death.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join