It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shadow People are Nonsense.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I have tried to keep my mouth shut about this subject for a while. I just can't understand how the belief in a separate group of "Shadow People" has come to be so prevalent in paranormal beliefs and studies these days. First of all, there isn't a genre of paranormal being on this site that can be more easily fabricated in the form of photos and videos. In the days were anyone can photoshop and manipulate videos easily at home; I would say that making a non-descript humanoid shadow type person would probably be one of the easiest thing to manufacture.

Furthermore, I have read much on this issue since up until recently I hadn't even heard of these vapory beings. The first time I heard about shadow people was someone claiming to see them stalking her through her house while on a large dose of diphenhydramine which is known for it's rather vivid and frightening hallucinations. So there's is the first nail in the coffin. Also, if they do in fact exist, I believe at the very least they are being misclassified. There are many generally accepted forms of supernatural beings. We have ghosts, demons, simple psychic residue from deceased people, and plenty of other things to choose without labeling them as an unclassified humanoid type race that is fading back and forth between another random dimension without light. Especially since they tend to be associated with the occult and dark practices, why wouldn't they been seen as evil spirits, or demons, as opposed to consciously evil, alive entities. It just seems that we are delving even further into the realm of the superstitious than necessary. Coupled with the feeling of impending doom associated with these critters, why wouldn't the more religious types that frequent this site view them as an incarnation of the angel of death or some parallel?

On top of all this somehow they are being pointed at for being in cahoots with the greys and the reptilians or whatever ill willed entities we have in our collective unconscious. I do believe in a wide array of things involving UFO's and alien abductions, etc. However, I find it to be a bit of a stretch that these preternatural beings are suddenly aiding EBE's in the terrorization of the general public. Much like the UFO phenomenon 98% of the Shadow people phenomenon can be attributed to mis-interpretation, tricks of light, hypnogogia, etc. Not to say the other 2% didn't have some type of real experience, I'm just saying it wasn't vague vapid boogeymen people make them out to be. Just a thought, all discussion and sensible debate regarding this topic is more than welcome. Be polite and I'm sure this can be at least slightly enlightening to many, maybe even me.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Wow, I'm surprised people haven't jumped all over this yet. lol.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I just personally think their inter dimensional beings, not figments of our imaginations or angel/demons kind of things (saying this to not bring religion into the argument). But thats what i believe.

yea with these kinds of things that we dont have alot of info on many speculative theories are thrown in for effect to widen the possibilities range, but i agree. Some are ludacris.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Thanks for posting. I'm not saying that their existence is impossible. Just based on the way things are currently being presented concerning them, it seems really friggin unlikely to me.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Alright I'm heading off to bed, I want to thank any and all who reply to this thread in advance. I'll be on mid day tomorrow to field any criticisms and or applause concerning what I have stated.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I probably would not believe in them myself, except that I believe I've seen one. It was 1989, so well before the recent rash of reports. It had much different characteristics than what most believe about ghosts.

It had no face (no physical characteristics at all really, besides a definite shape), yet I knew it was looking at or aware of me. That was the strangest thing about the experience. The fact that we distinctly felt it saw us, was very weird. It also did not "fade" away like you hear people describe ghosts or other entities sometimes do, it was just gone in the blink of an eye. Another person was present and we saw it simultaneously.

I cannot say that it definitively WAS a shadow person, but it was certainly something different from from things that are normally described as ghosts.

I was not on any kind of drug, and the home we were in had given us problems for about a year, so we felt it was connected to those occurances.

I cannot compare it accurately to anything other than other people's descriptions of shadow people that they claim they've seen, so I am sticking to my opinion for now. Could it have been something else? Of course it could have

I once read another person's thought that shadow people were merely real people wandering around during and OBE. One of the best, thought provoking ideas I've ever heard about them, until I hear more

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I'm sure you had a very real experience, I just don't think these "shadow people" could possibly be a phenomenon all to themselves if they exist at all. Just to confirm my own sake... were you looking directly at whatever it was? Was it standing on its own? (not attached to another natural shadow)

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this.

I sort of agree with you. There is too much lack of credible evidence on shadow people. Most of the information regarding them is all based on personal accounts with lack of background evidence. I live by the policy of seeing it before i believe it on shadow people.

Kudos to having the courage to come out and say your thoughts. I like to see threads debating the existence of things instead of trying to prove them

[edit on 13/10/2007 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Thank you much Oz; you stuck by my side on my very first thread, so thanks for being around and being somewhat like minded.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

You are right there is way too much about this that doesn't have any real answers, so much of it seems to be derived from man's innate fear of the darkness and shadow than from any real entity.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Metaphysical apparitions

Interdimentional entities (Shadow folk/people) may be the manifestations of psychic 'wave' energies generated by physical/emotional/psychological stress and trauma.
I am not suggesting that these apparitions are wholly fictional because to many that witness these entities are not necessarily mentally imbalanced. Medication, hallucinations ,recreational narcotics and a myriad of other physical or altered state factors may have a place in explaining some projections of these conciousnesses.
This subject has always had a tongue in cheek approach by some posters who should be open minded when speculating on this topic.
Whatever your opinions - something is going on. and needs investigating.
Deny ignorance and find the path that leads to the door of truth and let's find the key to expand our understanding in this matter.

~~~~~~~~~~~ ? ~~~~~~~~~~~~ ? ~~~~~~~~~ ? ~~~~~~~~~ ?

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Thanks for your post. You've given an explanation that I will be thinking about. The whole point of this thread is to attempt to not only share my current views, but to hopefully get enough posts that all involved can maybe find some middle ground that is sensible concerning this phenomenon. I have a feeling somewhere between what I believe concerning the Shadow Folk and the Shadow People hysteria that rears its ugly head on this site occasionally might actually be close to the truth of the matter. If you have any more to share, please feel free.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I "saw" shadow people from about 1988 until 1991. It was because I was involved in illegal drugs and was staying up for days and weeks at a time. Once I even "saw" a huge group of them surrounding me at midnight in a large open space, while I was raiding a recycling depot for some socks.

We've all seen things out of the corners of our eyes. Like clouds, shadows will show us pictures of things that aren't really there, especially faces and the human form, because we're social animals and we're wired to respond to our con-specifics.

The only shadow people that exist are in our minds. And our peripheral vision. There certainly aren't any inimical beings floating around doing the bidding of aliens.

At the time I also saw ghosts, demons and on one memorable occasion, a pair of thirty foot giants guarding the entrance of an industrial complex in China Basin.

It's amazing the things the brain will manufacture, and even more amazing that people believe they are real.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   
First of all, I am honored that you took the time to post on one of my threads MajorMalfunction. I often check to see what you say in a thread before I see what others have posted. I think that you have hit the nail on the head, this is probably the part of the supernatural realm that is so highly overrated. I personally swore I saw a "shadow" cat perched on the top of my daughter's high chair five times during the course of one night. I know that I was tired, up late, and had been drinking so it was obviously nothing. People seem to be too quick to jump to the more amazing conclusions of what they see instead of investigating rationally. I am not discounting any of it entirely though. I'm hoping to get decent arguments for and against these boogeymen.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   
You're welcome, for what it's worth.

Our brains are wired to seek pattern. It's part of what's made us so successful. However, this can also backfire and cause us to see patterns where there are none. Something appears to move out of the corner of our eye (due to shifting light source such as TV, or headlights through a window) and our brains automatically try to make sense of it when there is no sense to be made. It's pretty simple when looked at from a biological/psychological point of view.

Believe you me, when I was "seeing" shadow people, I was convinced they were real, and that they were up to "no good." But they never did anything but stare at me. Because they weren't really there.

Late last night, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there.
He wasn't there again today.
Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Till you see them you will think they do not exist. Last year on many occasions they were seen in my home. You could tell them to go away and they would so I don't think they are bad in any way. I was always sober at the time and in the beginning I thought I was losing it till my dog chased one across the house into the corner of my family room like she was going to kill it. She was only months old at the time, However she had never done that before and I have not seen any after that. Maybe they are souls that are lost and they would be afraid of a dog just by instinct. I hope one doesn't take a liking to my dog then we would have problems lol. I don't know what they are, I was just happy that they would leave when asked. I don't know why they were here however things did seem very weird last year like we were passing through some sort of different dimension or something. Did anyone else feel like that last year?
I don't believe in aliens because I have not seen any so I understand your frustration.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
To some extent I can buy the whole lost spirit thing. I just don't see the need to classify them as there own creepy autonomous fully sentient beings people make them out to be. It's funny you should bring up last year. My family personally had many odd things occur in and around our home that had never happened before. Some can be attributed to wind, or a**hole kids in the neighborhood, but others aren't so easily explained away. For example one night around this time of year 2006 my wife and I woke up to rather maniacal laughter coming over the baby monitor. There was nothing unusual in my daughter's room, she was sound asleep, but it still scared the hell out of us. It could have picked up our next door neighbors that are notoriously loud, but they didn't seem to be up and about. There are a number of other explanations but it was still rather bizarre. Thanks for your post.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

Could you give a little more detail about the entities you described. Did they phase through the wall when they left? How tall was it/they? Just give a little more info please.

Yay! the responses are working properly for me again!

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by MajorMalfunction

I assume the shadow people you've described are almost identical to the ones true believers have described as well. Can that be safely assumed?

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Yup. right down to the feeling of malevolence I thought I experienced while they were "watching" me.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join