It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large Hadron Collider and 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
ok, so i was just on my computer, and after a while of stumbling around, a saw an article on the large hadron collider.

en.wikipedia.org...

basically, its a huge particle accelorator that shoots particles extremely close to the speed of light. that was redundant.
but, there is also a possibility that it could make a black hole, right?

i saw on the front page of ats:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

it says that our 3 dimensions (plus time) are gonna become 4 dimensions.

so, with the large hadron collider starting up next may, i think this ties in with the dimensional troubles and that it might happen in 2012.

your thoughts?

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by geoffsoddysee
so, with the large hadron collider starting up next may, i think this ties in with the dimensional troubles and that it might happen in 2012.

Can you explain how you tied all three premises together? I'm lacking imagination today... relatives are coming

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Sounds interesting....I hope there is more information soon

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 11:32 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

says that if a black hole was produced in a particle accelerator it would be to unstable to last very long and would more then likely pose no threat.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemonkey
en.wikipedia.org...

says that if a black hole was produced in a particle accelerator it would be to unstable to last very long and would more then likely pose no threat.

Basically. Not only that, it'd be really small. An extremely high powered collision of two particles could produce a "black hole" but it would last about an infinity times less than it took me to type these sentences.

I'm all for the LHC. Bring on those Higgs particles!

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by geoffsoddysee

Probabley will create more tears in SPace/Time continuem allowing who knows what to get through

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 08:29 AM
link   

As far as I know, the black hole theory was only a theory. Just remember that everything works in theory. So stop worrying about this one

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
is there any way to find current information on this topic?????

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Wait you are just finding out about the LHC? I suggest you read a bit more about it. The scientists have answered the doom-sayers, there is no risk of a dangerous blackhole forming. There is a very very very minute chance of a mini blackhole (microscopic in size) which would likely dissipate almost immediately and certainly would not pose a threat to the Earth.

Also I suggest you research 2012, none of the theories, whether they be about doomsday or spiritual transcendence, have any scientific proof backing them. The closest the 2012 theorists have gotten to truth was a scientific projection of the Solar Maximum being in 2012 but that was later moved to 2013 so even that will not pan out (and isn't likely to destroy Earth or civilization anyway, maybe just maybe cause some blackouts though).

[edit on 27-2-2010 by Titen-Sxull]

top topics

join