It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pets Hurled To Their Deaths

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   
news.aol.com...

Animal control workers seized dozens of dogs and cats from housing projects in the town of Barceloneta and hurled them from a bridge to their deaths, authorities and witnesses said Friday. Mayor Sol Luis Fontanez blamed a contractor hired to take the animals to a shelter.

I found this story to be absolutely repellent... You think people would have a little more compassion than this.. but I guess not. Makes you wonder what kind of society we live in when pets are thrown off a bridge to their deaths....

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
the way some people treat animals is just sickening at the very least.

they give unconditional love, never answer back, and enjoy our company and all they ask in return is a bit of food and some affection. maybe a bit of fun with a walk or ball.

someone needed to give that guy an accidental nudge at the same time and let him enjoy the flight down to the rocks below aswell.

woops, looks like some jerk was throwing animals off a bridge and slipped to his own demise.. owell, he deserved it.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Some of the animals managed to climb to the highway even though they were all battered

That is horrible beyond words. Absolutely sickening.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 11:04 PM
link   
terrible...just plain terrible

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   
As I read the article thinking it can't be worse then the title I was wrong and to think they just went in and took people pets and did this like a drug raid. The rage I would feel if those were my pets would no doubt push me to exact revenge and I hope some of the people this happend to do just that imho they are entitled to if the laws of thier land let that happen.

I really don't want to see any more threads like this total downers!

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   
The way humans treat animals is a parameter upon which we are judged by the rest of the universe...IMO

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by dznetworks

If someone did that to any of my pets they would get the exact same treatment.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Just horrible...

I'm losing faith in humanity

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
That pisses me off, gets me angry...furius

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Perhaps this thread would be better served in the Rants and Raves section but you know, how society treats its animals is a reflection of how things are going...

I know of these neighbors that had a forclosure on their house and they just up and LEFT a poor cat to fend for herself. The neighbors have taken it upon themselves to feed it but still, she was used to having human companionship and a house to sleep in and now she is left out in the open..

Truly sickening how people treat animals. If you get a pet you should at least treat it with some kindness and compassion.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I dated a Puerto Rican and a Spanish girl. Don't piss them off and keep sharp implements under lock. To those sub animals that offed those pets like that....one word, flamethrower.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but if it was my cat or dog being thrown to its death, then I would have thrown that b*st*rd off the cliff edge.

Pacifist or not, this is disgusting, a psychopathic abuse of power and a blot on the mark of modern day intelligence.

Evil to the bone!!!

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
That is just DREADFUl. I love animals and consider them to be at the very least our equals. Disgusting. what a sick world we live in, and it only gets worse.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
if only i could find they guy who did that! there is no excuse to treat any living thing so harshly, i love animals and pretty much consider my dog to be my brother. Still..... what comes around goes around! if this happend locally to me and i knew who did it i know what i'd do.

peace

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by juicebox
Just horrible...

I'm losing faith in humanity

I understand your grief, however, humanity is a fairly gigantic whole. Logic would dictate, those who persevered -- your impression would be for the loss of faith in the animal murderers. Unless, you have a mindset to apply your faith to all of humanity using judgement on your family, friends, and idols. Now that would mean you are to hard on yourself as an individual. Certainly, I hope you did not lose faith in your loved ones?

/Am

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Ambeon

let's be realistic.....did u really have to type that? I think ur faith in humanity must be fairly drained if u even felt for a second that is what he was saying. don't be lame and stick to the topic.

peace

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
This is of course a very emotional and sensitive subject for most, I for one (like many of you) am a big animal lover.

But let's try and stray from moving into baiting eachother into personal attacks and try to stay on topic please.

Thanks and happy posting.

Spiderj

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Obliv_au

Oh yeah, that's the solution to animal cruelty, vigilante murder! I'll see your crime and raise it by an order of magnitude. All in anyone?

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by dznetworks

I found this story to be absolutely repellent... You think people would have a little more compassion than this.. but I guess not. Makes you wonder what kind of society we live in when pets are thrown off a bridge to their deaths....

I agree, and it's the same society that keep animals in concentration camps before mass slaughter. Yes, I'm a hypocrite meat eater, but don't approve of the methods. They're just as bad, if not worse, than throwing pets off a bridge IMO.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Something we think about from time to time.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." Mahatma Gandhi

I feel this can be applied to people as well. Those who treat animals cruelly are surely stating something about their own character.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join