It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Web Design Help!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
How do you embed a forum into your website?

I could be wrong about this, but it looks like this is what ATS does. They just have a simple layout with buttons on the front, and those buttons link to the various sections of the embedded forum.

I don't know anything about forums being embedded into websites, so I probably look stupid saying that, because I'm either completely wrong, or it's completely obvious that that's the set up to you more advanced web designers out there.

So, is there a way to embed it into the website, I keep my header and footers and layout, and it doesn't go to some other website to access the forum?

It'd be great to know

Thanks!

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
You need to download PHPBB and install it onto your server. You must meet the server requirements. Just follow instructions.

www.phpbb.com

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

Goto the 'CPanel ' in your hosting account, & click on 'Fantastico' . - On the side, there will be a list of things that you can install. - Phpbb & SMF as well as invision board can be installed.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Yeah, you will need to install a forum software like PHPBB, vBulletin, XMB etc. In order to edit and build your own custom design, you will need to dive into the scripts (or just change the preset images). The programming language most likely required is PHP.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Hi, You have required PHP for that !

top topics

join