It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

here in clovis all those years ago(please read)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   
www.cnjonline.com... www.cnjonline.com...
www.hbccufo.org...
in 1976 a ufo was spotted over clovis new mexico. there are many different stories about what happenned a few different explenations but im going to point out the two that drew my attention. first a reporter for the clovis news journal somehow (cant remember how) was told that something had crashed north of town he went out there and found the sheriffs department on the scene he and a coleague went out there and began rumaging around and found some wierd metal object. he said when he was on his way back to the car another vehicle pulled up some men in suits came out when they were walking towards the sheriffs department vehicles they stopped and talked to the reporter they took his camera the object and took him into custody for the night where he was questioned (vaguely) on what was out there. also ide like to add its unrelated to the reporter but one person who had a picture from that night went on a talk show not too long back and was threatened over the phone to get rid of the photos. the second story isnt as detailed or as interesting but its my dads. he was pretty young and they were staying with some friends of the family when someone called and said a ufo had LANDED at ned houk park (running water draw). he said he remembered getting out there and most of the town was there and there was something producing light in front of the crowd. unfortunately my dad was in a hurry a minute ago when we were talking about it so i may be able to get more information from him on monday when he gets back. there was also a story on the history channell not too long back talking about a ufo that was tracked by nearby cannon air force base and a passenger jet. also recently i have seen alot of unexplainable things. im starting to wonder though why here? why roswell? it maybe this whole dulce base thing secret openings in the ground and what not. idonno i just thought ide share with you my towns little bit of ufo history. please check out the articles on the top if your interested. EDIT: spelling

[edit on 12-10-2007 by justanothergangster]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by justanothergangster

Nice story. Can you find the photo's?

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Your story has caught my attention. I guess I'll have to check out the articles and maybe do a little research myself. As the previous poster asked...are there any pictures?

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

ive been looking but unfortunately to no avail im going to call the newspaper tommorow when there open to see if i can find anything. www.ufoinfo.com... another story i found about a ex-serviceman talking about the incident. im sure ill be able to find the picture or atleast A picture sometime in the next week or two. atleast i hope so.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
and score...well kinda the story from the reporter (which i got confused it was a person from here)and a picture (even though its rather crappy) but its something. farshores.org...

[edit on 12-10-2007 by justanothergangster]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Cool story, update us with more info as you recieve it.Watch this video to see why roswell is so important for the ETs.The video is a bit slow at first but it becomes facinating, this guy knows his stuff, and you will learn a ton about roswell from this vid.

Google Video Link
DWT

[edit on 12-10-2007 by dntwastetime]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Clovis,huh?

Just down US60 from Ft. Sumter where they launch weather balloons.

I'm not saying that was or wasn't what anyone saw, just highly coincidental.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I remember reading an account from some military personnel from back in the 80's at clovis I believe. Back when they had the F-111 there. The sophsticated radar sytem that the F-111 had would pick up anomolous air borne targets that would show up on the radar screens on the F-111 when technicians would test the systems before flights on routine preflights. when inquired they would say they were typical Ufo's that would sit and monitor base activities? Iam not sure where I read this but I do remember reading it though. The F-111 was a remarkable aircraft in its time especially with some of the first cutting edge terrain following radar systems that would allow pilots too be able to fly the nape of the earth close.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by phreak_of_nature

yeah i was thinking the same thing but then i read the article. something landed north of town im thinking next to what is now faith christian family church and then took back off leaving a burn ring. also unless my dad got where he was confused something landed at ned houk park. ill have more on this soon when i talk to the news journal tommorow and im gonna try to talk to some people i know who were on the police force when this happenned.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by justanothergangster

the launches from Ft. Sumner only address a portion of the accounts, so do keep us posted.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
i called the clovis news journal and they told me that muscato (the reporter who went to the alleged crash site). doesnt live in new mexico anymore and that noone has kept in touch with him. however my dad has a friend that is a little older than him that was at the park that night that im going to talk to soon he said he would tell me all that he remembers about it.

top topics

join