It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Moon Picture from Japanese Orbiter

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Originally posted by zorgon

LOL I had noticed the same thing and I made this post in the John Lear Moon thread....

I have a small problem... Maybe John you can help me...

I cannot recognize any locations in these images...

Sorry Zorgon. I can't recognize anything either. I have posted the Kaguya photo below and put a green dashed line on the approximate position of the western edge of Procellarum.

However I cannot identify anything else to the north, south, east or west as far as craters or anything else. I spent a lot of time last night trying to match up anything. Somebody has gone to a lot of trouble, for some reason, to obscure every indentifiable feature on this photo of the moon.

And it is my opinion that the photo is not just 'out of focus'. It looks like it has been deliberately massaged.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jra
You mean the Lunar mare? The image is showing mostly the far side, which doesn't have any of that.

Here is a picture from Clementine in Color of the Farside (taken in bright sunlight
)

Please show me where the JAXA image matches this one...

Here it is in medium resolution for those interested (60 megs)

Its one thing to say "Oh there are a lot of craters on the side we don't see...

BUT we DO have pictures of it to match features...

So I don't have time but lets see where these match

[edit on 14-10-2007 by zorgon]

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
All I know is that the japanese satallite looks like it's wrapped in duct tape. . . and the photos look blurry and photoshoped. nothing at all to the quality of photo you would expect from the country that is the capital of photography or at least it appears that way everytime a truck load of them unload in the middle of hollywoood and start snapping pictures. seriously japan is a very technically advanced country especially in the art of taking photographs of things. so whats with the horrible photographs...most uncharachteristic of japan. something is up.

I mean cummon. I read an article where a bunch of armored truck thieves were caught because a group of japanese tourist were nearby and handed the cops something like 53 photographs of the suspects. the photos Just doesn't seem like a accurate representation of japanese technology.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus
I dont know why people think its perfectly natural that images should take weeks or months to reach the public. What exactly is being done to them that takes so long?

Well my problem is that we are supposed to be getting HD TV NOT photos... so why can they not just show us a little clip of this HD TV? How long does it take these 'scientists' to process video footage?

So there is another good reason why these are low res... they are just screen captures

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
The major difference in the photos I see that could potentially propel your "image is fake" religion .

I specifically stated one specific image, not any others as you claim to have seen. I used no religious tone when opinionating on the phony looking image I specifically stated was fake.

But, I also understand it is much easier to point and shout fake than to understand reality, and a lot more fun as well.

We have to get to the truth some how.

Regards,

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFactsWell, if they show me a clear picture of a bucket loader, building, or something that a three year old can identify...then I will capitulate.

I know very few three year olds that could identify a bucket loader, but I think the only way we will get to the truth is to 'borrow' one of those non existing secret space planes for a day or two and go have a look...

I honestly had hoped there was a chance we would really see something... if I have to wait 10 years or more to see these ones... OY...

And if it were my project, I certainly would want to show the big bad USA that I can do this right... and wouldn't release anything till I had a really good picture to brag about...

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
The picture is out of focus because the film taken is of the deployed craft it was there to release. Pictures of the actual MOON will be released at a later date.

No mystery here YET , lets wait for the real -focused moon pictures.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by scepticsRus
Thanks for the input zorgon. I did a search of the site prior to post in this thread but didnt find any others.

No problem and I am glad to have someone else spearhead "The Kauyga Project". I had just not heard back from John so I will send the others over here. There is too much in the other thread anyway

Maybe there is an answer to the mystery... maybe they borrowed the movie set at Langly and preferred a purple light to the standard Apollo puke green/ brown color...

Maybe this guy can tell us what we are seeing....

Kinda looks like the area on the left to me...

And here is that 'cheesy' Apollo Green tint I was talking about

Looks pretty cool before they modeled on it too... I know the Japanese animators could do a better job, but I hear JAXA is on a budget... so why not use an existing set?

BTW did anyone capture a copy of that live launch feed? I missed it

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Well I've worked at NBC before and know people who work at CBS in the communications department. I've seen them process and edit HD video and have it on the air in under 2 minutes. SO if they wanted to they could get all of that online and sent over to us as quickly as it takes for the signal to travel from the moon to earth plus 2 minutes and then however long it takes for the tech guy to upload it onto the server for the web.

Maybe 15 minutes total time if they tried. or if they weren't hiding something.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
For the last time. These are pictures from ONE of the cameras to monitor the ANTENNA!!

Not the HD Camera or anything for taking high resolution pictures. They simply got a few pictures to show they made it, and they will go into observation orbit on the 19th.

Now if the observation pictures are just as small, then i will question if these are fake..

www.jaxa.jp...

These pictures where put up on the 9th the day they were taken, where is the delay?

Please actually read the link, it says what cameras took pictures of what. Nowhere do i see HDTV for any of those images.

[edit on 10/14/2007 by 3rdeye]

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3rdeye
For the last time. These are pictures from ONE of the cameras to monitor the ANTENNA!!

Okay no problem I will wait... I didn't come here to see pictures on antenna...

But the moon still doesn't look right... the camera is irrelevent... the craters aren't So there

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Originally posted by 3rdeye

Thanks for the post 3rdeye. Do you think the world was anxiously waiting for a picture of the antenna monitor?

Not the HD Camera or anything for taking high resolution pictures. They simply got a few pictures to show they made it, and they will go into observation orbit on the 19th.

Ok well they are going to have to post a lot better pictures of the moon for me to believe they 'made it'. These pictures look like some sort of metal contraption being held over a Play-Doh model of the moon. Even the sky looks fake. It looks like one of the cheesy Japanese movies I think it was called, "Godzilla Goes To The Moon."

Now if the observation pictures are just as small, then i will question if these are fake.

Nobody is interested in SIZE. We are interested in resolution.

But thanks for the post.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
Well I've worked at NBC before and know people who work at CBS in the communications department. I've seen them process and edit HD video and have it on the air in under 2 minutes. SO if they wanted to they could get all of that online and sent over to us as quickly as it takes for the signal to travel from the moon to earth plus 2 minutes and then however long it takes for the tech guy to upload it onto the server for the web.

Maybe 15 minutes total time if they tried. or if they weren't hiding something.

Yeah, this is what im saying. These delays of weeks and months are just ridiculous and clearly isnt helping them against the suspicions of them covering things up. There is no good reason why they would release pictures in tiny batches, weeks apart, if they didnt want to investigate and edit them before releasing them to the public.

I hate that it looks like im right about the japs being in bed with NASA... and I agree with John Lear on this one. This stupid gray ball could be just a cheap model. It doesnt show anything. Its the worst picture ive seen of the moon.

Originally posted by timoothy
No mystery here YET , lets wait for the real -focused moon pictures.

We'll see. When no official moon picture have shown anything, why would these ones... the only reason Im even interested in this thread is that I have some small hope that the japs wont cover things up. If this was a NASA orbiter, I couldnt care less.

[edit on 14-10-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I'm not trying to say NASA or JAXA or whoever isn't faking pictures or airbrushing them.

But you guys are jumping on some possible test images. The people at JAXA are not thinking " get alot of pictures out to prove to the people at ATS that we are not faking anything"

They are pleasing the public with these sample shots. To get people to watch it closely, and get more attention.

Now, the craters of the moon is a different story...

I admit it does not match up to anything i have seen of the moon.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Well lunar observation orbit insertion may be on the 19th but "regular" (don't quite know what that means) observations don't take place until mid December.

So I guess there is a lot of testing and checking and setting up and stuff and not forgetting the testing and adjusting the vertical and the horizontal hold, brightness and contrast with maybe just a little tweaking of the colour balance, oh and just getting the driver to get out the windex to give the camera lens a final wipe.

Or maybe just check they are not going to get any surprises by doing a few orbits before going public.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by sherpa
Well lunar observation orbit insertion may be on the 19th but "regular" (don't quite know what that means) observations don't take place until mid December.

So I guess there is a lot of testing and checking and setting up and stuff and not forgetting the testing and adjusting the vertical and the horizontal hold, brightness and contrast with maybe just a little tweaking of the colour balance, oh and just getting the driver to get out the windex to give the camera lens a final wipe.

Or maybe just check they are not going to get any surprises by doing a few orbits before going public.

Yes, and speaking of delays heres a few of classic excuses by JRA for the 72 hours it took Endeavour to get to ISS after departing from Kennedy:

Yes it sometimes takes a few days to dock to the ISS. As you should know, the ISS orbits the Earth, and is constantly moving. When they launch a Shuttle to the ISS, they have to do it when the ISS' orbital path is over the launch area, but that doesn't mean that the ISS itself is directly overhead. It can be on the other side of the Earth, so the Shuttle has to play catch-up first. This is the reason for the delay in docking.

Apparently they never thought of timing the launch so that they could insert directly into orbit next to ISS and save about 72 of playing ketchup?

And heres JRA’s excuse for the 52 hours it took Endeavour to get from undock to Kennedy landing:

There was some downtime for the Shuttle crew after undocking from the ISS. And there were a bunch of inspections and systems checks and all that sort of stuff to go through. It's better to take your time and make sure everything is done correctly rather than rush it don't you think?

Get that? ‘Downtime?’ ‘Bunch’ of inspections and systems checks? ’All that sort of stuff?’ ‘Take your time and make sure everything is done correctly?’ Like what? Turning on the autopilot and having a cool one? What a joke!

Who says all the inspections and checks take 52 hours? Astronauts also have to eat and sleep, plus they also get some free time to themselves. This isn't a sweatshop we're talking about here.

Lets see here JRA…it takes what? 30 minutes for re-entry and landing? But they are going to eat and sleep for 52 hours and get a little free time to themselves after undocking before attempting that 30 minutes? Ho ho ho!

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I never heard about Kaguya being a mission to take high definition photos of the Moon.

The cameras that will photograph the Moon have a resolution of more or less 20 metres per pixel, they are not high resolution.

What is high resolution is the TV camera, and anyone can compare that kind of image with these images of the Moon by looking at the first image that was released, this image.

About the eventual delays on the release of the HDTV images, we have to remember that the camera was made by NHK, and I am sure that some copyrights would be behind many (or all) of the delays.

As for the craters, I am sorry but I do not have enough knowledge about them to help, but I can try.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
As I said before, I do not know much about the Moon, but couldn't the photos be "upside down"?

There is not "up" or "down" when we do not have any reference, for those who know the craters and the marea (is that the correct way of writing it?) maybe comparing it with an upside down map or even a map rotated 90º could help identify the locations.

I say this because in this image, it looks like Oceanus Procellarum on bottom right of the image.

But I could be wrong, it happens every day.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Actually you have a point, they will want to make money out of this.

Why release any images, or should I say footage, if they can be sold on.

However I will except there may be some delay while they carry out the other parts of the mission such as LMAG, GRS and PACE, I suppose they are the "irregular" observations, but 2 months after insertion, wow,

jra

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
JRA, I can’t get them to match up. Here are your crater names.

I admit that I labeled them wrong. It is a bit of a challenge to figure them out, but I think I've got them correct now.

Here it is again, relabeled. Here's a pic from the Lunar Obiter. And finally here is a map(4.2mb) of the North and South poles.

And the real Rynin has a big gash on the east side. Yours doesn't.

Having looked at images of Rynin from Lunar Orbiter images, the gash really isn't that visible.

I don't think we're in Kansas JRA. Either that or someone is messing around with the farside of the moon.

Or it's just that I was looking too far south and the map I had didn't show much further North from Stefan like your map, but now I'm fairly certain I got it figured out. And since Rozhdestvensky crater is right next to the North pole, that fits with JAXA's caption when they said it was too dark to observe the North pole.

Originally posted by zorgon
So the Japanese... number two experts(after Germany
) on Camera equipment, can't get color balance correct on the first images released to the public of this historic mission?

Uh huh okay sure why not I buy that...

Or maybe, since it's just a low quality camera made for monitoring the spacecraft, colour balance wasn't considered to be an issue? Just a thought. Show me a webcam, camera phone or any small low quality camera that has perfect colour balance. You're making way to big a deal out of it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join