It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Moon Picture from Japanese Orbiter

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Comparison between the KAGUYA MI image and the Clementine ultraviolet/visible band camera image (enlargement of the area encircled by the yellow dot square)

Source:
www.jaxa.jp...

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by internos

Finally some photos from other cameras!

Thanks, internos.

Edit: I noticed that these images do not have the NHK copyright, so maybe we can get good photos published soon.

[edit on 17/11/2007 by ArMaP]

You're welcome

That's my hope too

www.jaxa.jp...
www.jaxa.jp...
www.jaxa.jp...
www.jaxa.jp...

[edit on 17/11/2007 by internos]

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   
What I would be interested in seeing is the results from the LRS, (Lunar Radar Sounder).

This I think has a penetration of 5Km below the Moons surface, so will there be any cavities and if so would they tell us.

The deployment of this device may also have a bearing on the luner orbit chosen, (100Km), and may answer NJ mooch's question.

Nice post internos

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by sherpa

About the results, i'd guess it will be a matter of time, this is what they're expecting:

LRS Component test @ Radiowave test facility (Tsukuba Space Center)

Source:
www.selene.jaxa.jp...

(Edit to add image)

[edit on 17/11/2007 by internos]

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Nice work Internos... Glad to have you on the Japanese Connection

It will free up some time to work on the Fusion Papers...

Any word on what the Chinese are up to? Since they bumped the thread to BTS I haven't checked it...

Here is something unusual... I haven't been able to track the image he is using though

KAGUYA Satellite HDTV's an Alien Base on Moon

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Wow, is that John's long lost, or possibly unknown, son? They have the same eyes

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I don't see anything in that video that he mentions. I don't think that you can pick out objects when you are 60 miles above them but I could be wrong. Where are the pixel fairies when you need them....

I will wait for better pics to come out before I try to find stuff on the surface. I am not holding my breath but I do got my money on the Chinese.

For some reason I can imagine someone in US Space Command with a really cool 2007ish lunar image as the background on their desktop. That isn't based on fact so don't take it seriously since it was mentioned to make you think and make you smile.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Nice work Internos... Glad to have you on the Japanese Connection

It will free up some time to work on the Fusion Papers...

Keep on doing the fantastic work on the fusion stuff:

Any word on what the Chinese are up to? Since they bumped the thread to BTS I haven't checked it...

No clue: in their website, no news

www.cnsa.gov.cn...

Here is something unusual... I haven't been able to track the image he is using though

KAGUYA Satellite HDTV's an Alien Base on Moon

They cropped a still from video #2 released on November 7, 2007

Link to the press release:
www.jaxa.jp...

Link to the video
www.jaxa.jp...

[edit on 22/11/2007 by internos]

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Any word on what the Chinese are up to? Since they bumped the thread to BTS I haven't checked it..

I did post an update there but it is nothing to write home about just a report on operational status and an animation video of Chang'e 1.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 03:24 AM
link   
UPDATE FROM JAXA:
Terrain Camera provides unique 3D images of Moon

November 28, 2007

Terrain Camera provides unique 3D images of Moon
JAXA has made detailed images of the Moon’s surface using observation data acquired by the Terrain Camera (TC) onboard the KAGUYA. In a global first, JAXA composed three-dimensional images and a moving image with a very high aerial resolution of 10 meters. The images include the Polar areas on the Moon.
You can observe small bumps, mounds and craters on the Moon’s surface in a three-dimensional manner that had been invisible to date. (Photo: (c) JAXA/SELENE)
Moving Image (480 x 270pixels)

www.jaxa.jp...

3D image around DYSON crater by TC
space.jaxa.jp...

Anagliph image (You need Red/Blue type 3D glasses)
space.jaxa.jp...

3D image near the South Pole by TC (The Polar areas on the Moon)
space.jaxa.jp...

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Very Nice!

The DYSON Crater video was fun, but I wanted to see where the path on the side of the crater goes!

Does it come out of the side?

Now I've got to hunt down my 3D specs to check out the other image.

If they keep releasing new red/blue images, it'll probably be a good idea to keep them on hand once I find them.

Now where did I put my 3D comics?

Nice post internos, thanks for keeping us updated!

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Very Cool. I'm glad I just happen to have a pair of 3D glasses at work. Couldn't say why I do though
, but it all worked out nice.

just for the sake of asking, were you able to make heads or tails out of anything out of the image where JAXA has allegedly identified a "spacecraft" somwehere?

[edit on 28-11-2007 by spikedmilk]

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

That's pretty insane. Somebody is using a pencil to point to surface features on the Moon, and is telling us that "...there... It's a real spaceship... fins in the back... Huge rear section... I would say it's probably aquatic capable and probably supersonic capable..."

Sheesh

And this is how it went in these threads -- "oh, the japanese will never release HD pics of the Moon" to "these are faked pics they released!" to "I can clearly see the alien base in that HD image". Go on people, keep fantasizing about "aquatic capable" giant spaceships that look terribly like ordinary craters

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   

just for the sake of asking, were you able to make heads or tails out of anything out of the image where JAXA has allegedly identified a "spacecraft" somwehere?

wow. all this time the video was a just a post or two above. I guess i'm slow today. oh well. thanks anyways. i'll go try to wake up now.

[edit on 28-11-2007 by spikedmilk]

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by zorgon
Selene does not have regular cameras to take pictures... only HDTV and so far they have not exactly shown their best...
They have, is called the Terrain Camera (TC) and that is how they make photos like the ones on this page.

Interesting.... have a look at their claims...

Kayuga

Clementine High Res

Looks like Japan hasn't seen the full color high res Clementine images yet

Looks like we are about to get a really cool game of oneupsmanship going here

The Chinese are hitting the news hard saying "We didn't fake it and the Japanese are saying theirs are better than ours yet using the old crappy Clem data set...

This is going to get interesting... or is this all just to keep our minds off whats really going on?

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Well, they've finally opened an official website for their gallery:

wms.selene.jaxa.jp...

The only new thing I found was a few videos in the HDTV section I hadn't seen before. Not sure if they haven't been released, though.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 04:52 AM
link   
UPDATE from Jaxa

KAGUYA (SELENE)
Observations using the Spectral Profiler (SP)
December 14, 2007 (JST)
Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA)

The Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) verified the Spectral Profiler (SP) onboard the lunar explorer "KAGUYA" (SELENE) orbiting approximately 100 km above the lunar surface, through initial observations on November 3, 2007, and subsequent data analysis. The obtained data is the world's first continuous reflectance spectra of the far side of the Moon in the visible and near infrared region.

The satellite was confirmed to be in good health through telemetry data received at the Usuda Deep Space Center.

Fig. 1 SP Observation Specification
*To determine the precise SP observation area, SP observation operations always follow the observation operation of MI or TC

Image source:
www.jaxa.jp...

Fig. 2 First light observation location of SP
Image source:
www.jaxa.jp...

Fig. 3 First Light Data of SP

These two figures are visualized images produced from SP data normalized at 600 nm with a simple correction to the variation of the overall reflectance of the lunar surface and SP detectors response.

The horizontal X axis of the right figure shows wavelength (600nm-1680nm) and vertical Y axis shows longitude (S19-53 degree - 1000km).

The red part shows relative strong reflectance, while yellow, green and blue show weaker reflectance than the red area, respectively. The color change from green to yellow at around 950nm is expected to correspond with iron-bearing mineral distribution.

Image source:
www.jaxa.jp...

Fig. 4 SP and MI data near a crater shown in Fig. 2

The pink part on the right figure of the MI data shows the line profiling with SP observation area. SP data is expected to show that fresh rock and soil exist in a small crater or on the slope of a large crater since the color of the profile is longer than 600nm and has changed from yellow-green to blue or black (reflectance of the location is weak in longer wavelengths). However, the other area is experiencing space weathering since the color changed from yellow-green to yellow or red (reflectance of the location is strong).

Image source:
www.jaxa.jp...

Source:
Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA)
www.jaxa.jp...

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Where are the landing sites of the apollo mission, the orbiter is now in moon orbit, I like to see them, what is taking so long? if nasa claims apollo is not a hoax then why can't they get closer to the landing sites and zoom in to take a picture?
This orbiter has been there for a while now and it has produced zero evidence that the langing sites are there.

[edit on 14-12-2007 by pepsi78]

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

Why should they worry about what some people think?

This mission was not made with the idea of proving that NASA went to the Moon with the Apollo missions, it is (at least apparently
) to do some real work.

I think they have their priorities, and showing that other people went there first is probably very low on their list.

Edit: I hope you have noticed that this is not a NASA mission.

[edit on 14/12/2007 by ArMaP]

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Thanks for the excellent posts, internos.

That light colored crater in these pics -- how come we are not yet hearing claims that this is a giant reactor? After all, it's same color as Aristarchus, don't you think?

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
That light colored crater in these pics -- how come we are not yet hearing claims that this is a giant reactor? After all, it's same color as Aristarchus, don't you think?

It's a ( funny
) coincidence, but the color match, more or less, you're right!

Anyway, it's a MI image: i would like to take a look at a MI image of Aristarchus,
just in order to see what colors it gives out!

UPDATE FROM JAXA:
KAGUYA (SELENE): Shifting to Regular Operations

December 21, 2007

The Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) is pleased to announce that the operation mode of the lunar

explorer, KAGUYA (SELENE), was shifted to regular operations from its initial verification on December 21, 2007

(Japan Standard Time) as we were able to acquire satisfactory verification results for all fifteen observation

missions.
JAXA had been conducting an initial functional verification of the KAGUYA onboard equipment for about two months

since the KAGUYA was injected into a lunar orbit at an altitude of about 100 km on Oct 18, 2007. From now on, we

will perform observation of the Moon's surface for about ten months to acquire data on "Moon Science" and other

studies.

www.jaxa.jp...

Project site

JAXA Video Archives: KAGUYA (SELENE)

Now, i believe that it will be interesting to stay tuned an see what they'll release in the next three months.

If i'm correct, so far, they released samples of:

• High Definition Television (HDTV)
  • Terrain Camera (TC)
  • Multibander Imager (MI)
  • Spectral Profiler (SP)

And still are missing data from:

• X-Ray Spectrometer (XRS)
  • Laser Altimeter (LALT)
  • Charged Particles Spectrometer (CPS)
  • Four way Doppler measurements by Relay satellite and Main Orbiter transponder (RSAT)
  • Gamma Ray Spectrometer (GRS)
  • Lunar Radar Sounder (LRS)
  • Lunar Magnetometer (LMAG)
  • Plasma energy Angle and Composition Experiment (PACE)
  • Upper-atmosphere and Plasma Imager (UPI)
  • Differential VLBI Radio Source (VRAD)

Frankly, i'm not optimistic about the quality of the samples which will be released,
basing my construction on what they released so far.
Anyway, i could be wrong.

[edit on 23/12/2007 by internos]

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join