It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Moon Picture from Japanese Orbiter

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
What does elliptic shape of any craft's orbit have to do with the planet's gravity?

A circular orbit on the moon would not work... posted that direct from NASA many times... at the very least the 'gravity bumps' would cause you to crash

This proves in yet another way that the Moon's gravity is 1/6th of the Earth's and not 64% of it, as John Lear continues to erroneously claim.

So how about tackling my question that I have asked in many threads? Langley used a huge frame and put astronauts in slings to simulate 1/6th G All the media coverage of the day showed them doing flips and high jumps and able to live huge boulders...

Yet the best they can do is a mere 18 inches.. I have watched the videos from Apollo

It makes no sence... there is even one where they joke about taking that 'big' rock' home ( I will post it when I find it again) One astronaut says I really like that one... the other says why not just pick it up ... the other guys say no I don't think I will be doing that!

Why not? They could have just shown us the feat... I bet many kids would have loved to see that but they didn't..

No superman shows of strength
No High Leaps or somersaults

But short low 'bunny hops' and out of breath astronauts... NASA says their suit and pack weighed only 30 pounds on the Moon... these guys are supposed to be in top physical shape...

Something is not right

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Hi Zorgon,

thought I'd chime in. Did we go off topic? I think this 'thread' is about the Japanese Selene orbiter. Are you injecting Apollo Moon 'hoax' theories in your last post" Just wondering.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

This proves in yet another way that the Moon's gravity is 1/6th of the Earth's and not 64% of it, as John Lear continues to erroneously claim.

So how about tackling my question that I have asked in many threads? Langley used a huge frame and put astronauts in slings to simulate 1/6th G All the media coverage of the day showed them doing flips and high jumps and able to live huge boulders...

Yet the best they can do is a mere 18 inches.. I have watched the videos from Apollo

Zorgon, there can be many explanations for that. In sling-simulated tests, the astronauts appeared to have used a different kind of the (simulated) space suit. In addition, if I was there, I would not be motivated to go wild in real 1/6th gravity because, you know, it's not a drill.

You take one bad fall and you damage the suit and it's pretty far from Kansas, you know. I think it's logical to assume that their instructions contained a paragraph about being careful during the lunar surface EVAs.

In addition for trying to estimate the height of the astronauts jums, have you looked at the timing? It is impossible to move that slow in 64% of Earth gravity

Check out this video right after 0:36

www.youtube.com...

Roughly, it takes 0.5 sec for the jumping astronaut to reach 30-40 cm height. As we all know, h=g*t^2/2. Plugging in numbers, we get rough value of lunar "g" between 1.25 and 1.6, which is totally compatible with 1/6th.

What part of that do you want to disprove???

Now, if you'd be so kind to briefly go over the simple formula I gave in my previous post (re: lunar orbiter) and see for yourself, about the Moon's gravity...

PS. Love these, too:
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

watch the last throw... Don't try that in 64%g

[edit on 13-11-2007 by buddhasystem]

[edit on 13-11-2007 by buddhasystem]

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Shadows should be bigger the nearer we are from the terminator, but I don't see how can we say if the shadows change in size or not, for that we would need to have several objects with the same height casting a shadow on flat surfaces with the same angle to the horizontal.

But we can see that the start of the video shows a much brighter Moon than the end.

Edited to correct stupid mistake, I must re-read my posts before posting.

[edit on 13/11/2007 by ArMaP]

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by sherpa

higher resolution image compressed= better image

lower resolution image compressed= poorer image

jimbo

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   
[edit on 13-11-2007 by zorgon]

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 12:21 AM
link   

What part of that do you want to disprove???

The part about them having to be careful...
They don't see, to be too concerned about puncturing their suits

Now, if you'd be so kind to briefly go over the simple formula I gave in my previous post (re: lunar orbiter) and see for yourself, about the Moon's gravity...

I don't doubt your formulas... I doubt the videos... simply speeding them up a tad and voila! Normal Earth gravity movement

watch the last throw... Don't try that in 64%g

Now please be so kind as to show me what these maneuvers would look like in half or .64 G so we can compare images

[edit on 14-11-2007 by zorgon]

[edit on 14-11-2007 by zorgon]

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
Shadows should be bigger the nearer we are from the terminator, but I don't see how can we say if the shadows change in size or not,

Simple... very near the terminator shadows from even small object would be very long... I am not seeing any long shadows..

But I will keep waiting

The comment made about the clouds on Earth... that would be a test to be sure depending how much time lapsed between the images... you could then assemble all the Earth's and put them in an animation and see if there is any change in the clouds...

Don't know if it will work... but worth a try... don't they post the time reference?

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

a) Zorgon, on one occasion you complain about astronauts not doing wild sommersaults on the Moon, for the camera. Now you are not happy that one of them slipped and fell. It seems like no matter what happened on the Moon, there is no way for you to believe what happened.

b) the camera speedup doesn't work because there are plenty of lateral movements that dont' fit into this. Try to speed it up and you see it won't work.

In general, the start of this thread and many of your arguments look something like this:

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Hi guys and girls,

I have a couple of questions for the board and would appreciate your opinions, especially you Mr Lear, if you would be so kind.

Number 1 is on the earth rising and setting video; should we be able to see the earth spinning and I don’t mean at crazy speed but I have watched the vid a couple of times and the earth never changes including the cloud formations, it stays exactly the same through out the whole video.
Is it simply moving too slowly for us to notice?

My second one is to do with this picture- see link-
jda.jaxa.jp...

and also here-
jda.jaxa.jp...

My question for you is this photo real or a mock up using cgi?
The reason I ask is because you can see the stars behind the moon which I find puzzling because every other photo I have seen so far has no stars.
Its the same with the videos, I keep watching the space to see if anything fly’s through but it is just utter blackness.

I would appreciate hearing your views, think you.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeAreOne
Number 1 is on the earth rising and setting video; should we be able to see the earth spinning and I don’t mean at crazy speed but I have watched the vid a couple of times and the earth never changes including the cloud formations, it stays exactly the same through out the whole video.

Try to observe the time scale of the Earth rise. It should really be minutes and not hours. If so, you won't be able to see Earth spin as it takes 24hrs for it to complete a rotation, hence a few minutes will produce a tiny difference in appearance.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Hi, I'm happy to see this thread getting back on topic. Let's keep the Selene pictures coming!

Respect

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Hi guys and girls,
Is it simply moving too slowly for us to notice?

Yup I asked that too make a little animation and overlay each frame... the clouds ought to show some change..

The stars... yes those illusive stars...

Maybe our Photographer/Physicist here can explain why we cannot see the stars...

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Because there are many very bright objects in the frame and you have to adjust the exposure correspondingly. I thought you knew this.

www.badastronomy.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   

The stars... yes those illusive stars...

Can't cast visible shadows on a sunny beach with a flashlight either.......why do you suppose?
You'll find stars if you look at some of the overexposed frames over at the JSC site.

HD video from JAXA on the Discovery channel tonight-FYI
LINK

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
Hi, I'm happy to see this thread getting back on topic. Let's keep the Selene pictures coming!

Yes SIR Mr Thread Policemen

But um so what's stopping you from posting Selene pictures?

Oh wait that's right there AREN'T anymore

Well you need to take up that issue with the Japanese

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Zorgon, are you gonna pitch in for John's new telescope? Can you imagine the possibilities, when John is armed with a decent instrument?

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Because there are many very bright objects in the frame and you have to adjust the exposure correspondingly. I thought you knew this.

So you mean to tell me that considering how bright the stars out there should be I cannot see one single one even when the camera is pointed away from bright objects?

How about someone just taking a picture of stars for us... surely they could do that? What happened to all the Astronaut statements about the stars?

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   

My second one is to do with this picture- see link-
jda.jaxa.jp...

and also here-
jda.jaxa.jp...

My question for you is this photo real or a mock up using cgi?

Why they MUST be CGI... but dang they take forever to load

It's really obvious that is not a real picture... but I will let someone else state the obvious

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Zorgon, are you gonna pitch in for John's new telescope? Can you imagine the possibilities, when John is armed with a decent instrument?

Nope I'm broke
Maybe we can sell some CD's or something... do a fundraiser...

Stars with Bright Object... hmmmm so you CAN see stars in space afte rall

Now Why is Japan showing us CGI's?

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join