It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Moon Picture from Japanese Orbiter

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by johnlear
I get the impression that the two pictures are taken a very short time apart with different filtering. It looks like the craft has rotated to the right a small amount.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by NJ Mooch
reply to post by zorgon

This is a little off topic, but the colors of the pic you just posted match the colors of the new US Air Force ABU. I find that interesting. I guess the uniform must match the area you work in...

They also match the colors taken by TWO astronomers on Earth, that we have printing rights for...
Poster anyone?

So at the very least we have shot down 'the old gray moon"

Shot down... I know the Chinese and Japanese have had 'issues' in the past... you think that Japan will let China scoop them with photos when they got there first? Yes indeed this will be very interesting in the next few months.

Funny though... that ABU looks a lot like HyperStealth's design too

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Nohup
Here's a corrected version, with the moon that ordinary dull brownish gray that it really is:

Actually.... no it looks more like this..

There are subtle variations in the color, although maybe not as saturated as in that photo. There are a lot of different color photos of it taken from outside of the atmosphere, which will naturally have some influence on what you see with your own eyes. Only way to really know for sure, I suppose is to be there and look at it with your own eyeballs.

Here's a photo I like. Super groovy and psychedelic.

www.lpod.org...

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread308517/pg10#pid3672900]post

Hmmmm you are right though...

Originally posted by NohupI suppose is to be there and look at it with your own eyeballs.

My eyeballs are just fine....

This is taken from Earth...10 inch scope by Mike in the UK

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Shot down... I know the Chinese and Japanese have had 'issues' in the past... you think that Japan will let China scoop them with photos when they got there first? Yes indeed this will be very interesting in the next few months.

I have posted China's official standpoint on a thread originally created by copernicus.

Thread

Any news or better still images from Chang e 1 I find I will post there just to keep the Japanese and Chinese lunar orbiter threads seperate.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   
So this is very interesting that Japan has taken pics of the moon, but what is the difference of a satellite taking pics compared to a world-class telescope doing the same thing? Can’t you get the same quality from such a telescope?

And if so…. can’t someone find all the apparent man made structures on the moon, just by focusing the lens and stuff.

Also…seeing how Japan has now taken some moon pics, aren’t those pictures enough to see any anomaly’s and if so, shouldn’t they have reported back to us their ‘amazing’ findings?

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18

Well firstly telecopes can not take pictures of the farside of the moon, and secondly being 238,000 miles closer as an orbiter is can make alot of difference to the pictures resolution.

For instance Lunar Orbiter 3 returned pictures with resolution down to 1 meter

A telescope has to contend with seeing through the earths atmosphere which can also impair image quality so cannot compete with an orbiter.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by andre18
Can’t you get the same quality from such a telescope?

I asked that question of the biggest scope on Earth... the 200 inch at Mt Palomar... here is the reply

Hi Ron,
I haven't seen any images of the Moon from Palomar either. It is possible that some were taken long ago, but astronomers would rather explore the Moon with spacecraft and use the big telescopes for observing much, much fainter objects.

Clear skies, - Scott

W. Scott Kardel
Public Affairs Coordinator, Palomar Observatory
Telephone: (760) 742-2111
E-mail: [email protected]
WWW:www.palomar-observatory.org

Also…seeing how Japan has now taken some moon pics, aren’t those pictures enough to see any anomaly’s and if so, shouldn’t they have reported back to us their ‘amazing’ findings?

They are taking HD TV not pictures and they say they won't release anything until December...

Why should they 'report back to us?

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Here's a NEW HD picture just posted today by JAXA

New JAXA HD pic here

edit: JAXA Press Release with 3 pics

[edit on 7/11/2007 by whatsthatthingy]

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by whatsthatthingy

What the hell.... that doesnt even look like the moon.

Then again, my view of what the moon should look like is shaped by NASA... who are you going to trust?

I think trusting none of them is the best choice.

[edit on 7-11-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 07:56 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 08:00 AM
link   
There's even a HD movie. Small, with little details, here

Was hoping for better than that, but that's a start

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

Just to deny my ignorance about it, what were you expecting it to look like?

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Just to get everything clear to people that may be looking at this for the first time, that is not a HD video, that is a Flash version of the original reduced to 25%.

The original was shot with the HDTV camera.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I realize that ArMaP. Was just disappointed with the small, low quality clip. I might have too much expectations riding on JAXA, or lack patience...

Isn't the HDTV part of the moon program from a private TV station? I wonder if the footage is copyrighted to that TV station or JAXA can freely distribute

Anywho, we've some more waiting to do

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaceMax

Cool video!

Here's a still from the video just before it goes dark:

Doesn't that streak look like a road!?

What area of the moon are we looking at in the video?

Can anyone translate the the Japanese text?

Can't copy and paste image based text into a translating utility, you know.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   

[edit on 2007/11/7 by MajesticTwelve]

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MajesticTwelve

I don't know what you are trying to link there but those links are not working.

It maybe because direct linking is not allowed to those pages you might try going back to the menu there and linking to that

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sherpa

Sherpa, he's trying to link the last pics from jaxa
You'll find all them here:
www.jaxa.jp...

[edit on 7/11/2007 by internos]

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

Thanks internos I appreciate that.

That would explain the ones in the other thread, cool