It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof of Tablot's Electrostatic Migration Principle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
These guys are (or seem to be) creating lightning and claiming they aren't a cult. Can anyone shed any more light on this? Is this old, debunked, discredited or what?

Here is the YouTube vid...

www.youtube.com...

This is the site they talk about...

WE ARE NOT A CULT

The Quanta Group Society is NOT a doomsday cult bent on mind control and torture as Dan Myrick wants you to believe. He mocks the Quanta Group’s 30 years of good work. Bringing The Quanta Group down spits in the face of a philanthropic research institute that has changed the face of the world in the natural sciences, meteorology, and mathematics. Don’t believe Myrick’s lies.

THE REAL TRUTH ABOUT THE QUANTA GROUP SOCIETY

We are a collective of physicists, biologists, mathematicians, and engineers who have dedicated themselves to the further understanding of our universe through sound science. In 1973, Dr. Hans M Talbot finished the groundbreaking “Talbot Theorom”. Over the past 30 years we have continued to refine this equation and apply it in the private and public sector The Quanta Group Society has helped create more efficient packaging design, helped our armed forces deal with risk assessment, helped our farmers with predictive patterning, helped our banking sector with market forecasting, and even helped fight the war on terror. Our focus is natural disaster and mortality forecasting. Our group’s methodologies are based on SCIENCE, not on BELIEF or FAITH. We require rigorous testing and re-testing as proof that our methodologies and solutions are sound. Go here www.believersmovie.com... and tell Mr. Myrick to stop defaming science and our good work!

From here

Does anyone have any more info about this?

Please move this to the correct forum if not in the right place and or lock if it's been talked to death already and I'm just slow on the uptake. I really want to know what the heck this is all about if someone is more informed, please share.

[edit on 12/10/07 by Prote]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I'm not an expert and hardly know anything. A guy ought to look at something like this www.boltek.com... for an answer.

Hope this helps...could care less about the cult aspect.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
OK, it seems the cult reference is to do with the movie "Believers" which I guess must be the misinformation he's talking about in the YouTube clip. I assume they have made a movie somewhat based on their group and shown them in a negative light.

www.believersmovie.com...

Anyone seen this movie?

In any event, I'd like to know if this clip is for real.

They seem pretty serious.

Their Facility

The majority of our facility is located underground. The concrete walls are three metres thick, and interior solid steel doors weigh several tonnes, providing military grade EMP shielding. We’re also outfitted with a vehicle control barrier, and entry itself is operated by an encrypted security card system as well as cutting edge biometrics.

Philosophy

The Quanta Group Society has dedicated itself to the further understanding of our universe through sound scientific principles. We have created an organization with access to technology, both scientific and philosophical, that will allow us to transform ourselves and the world around us, to bring us into harmony with the universe and the reason we exist. Both science and philosophy show that we are all connected. We are connected with each other, with the planet, and with the universe. Indeed, we are even connected with the universe as it was, and the universe as it WILL BE.

Their Work

Our work has been used by:

National Institute of Standards and Technology
Societe Generale de Belgique
USDA RIsk Management Agency
Fabrique National de Herstal
US Special Operations Command
Normura Securities
and many more.

What we study:
Topology
Practical application of swarm design
Predictive Projective Geometry
Supersymmetric GUT
Relativistic quantum information theory
Data sifting and management in forecasting,econometrics and time series analysis
Contagian Hueristics analysis
Kondratiev Wave modeling
Quantum Game Theory

They also work for the DoD.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Absolute fascinating find. But I must say I just had to laugh at the end of the presentation when the scientist goes wide eyed and proclaims emphatically "We are not a cult!". No, but you do highly secretive work with the military, you are not widely published. You have a deep underground base and you seem to perform magic with your high tech. gadgets, all under the cover of a secretive society. You've even got a greek Psi symbol as your logo. Hmmm, what are people supposed to think? That when you take over the world your reign will be benign, but at least you are not a cult?

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I've never heard of them before. I looked at their website, and if they are what they claim to be, I think that it is a great idea, basically they claim to be a research group in some very complex scientific areas. Also, the reason the guy says WE ARE NOT A CULT at the end is because of that movie, which, incidentally, I checked out the trailer for, and it looks really sweet.

I can't think of a scientific reason how the guy was able to either call down or predict the lightning. I'm not sure whether he was claiming to actually cause the lightning strikes or whether he was claiming to be able to predict natural lightning strkes. Either way, I'm not sure how it would be done, assuming it's not a hoax. My gut tells me it is a hoax, but I cannot offer an explanation.

I do notice that I am totally unable to find any information on the internet about this Quanta Group, besides their own website and this posting. I didn't put a lot of effort into the search, but I tried a few different combinations of keywords, first for Quanta group, and then for the founder, Hans Talbot, and I can't find anything else.

I'll reserve judgment on them until I have more information.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I can't find a great deal either but I'm no investigator. I can't even find a description of this "Electrostatic Migration Principle" or what it's about. The clip sure is intriguing though.

I'm hoping that someone with a greater scientific understanding can shed some light on what is actually happening in this clip and what their thoughts are. Any new information or opinions would be cool.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Check the link I put in the second post. It goes to Boltek which provides some really neat and high tech gear for lightening detection. The page I specifically linked show the near by static field charge detector with the software used to show where the strike will be. It's not magic or even some hidden alien technology, you can buy it, it's just a couple of guys having fun at others expense.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by hinky
Check the link I put in the second post. It goes to Boltek which provides some really neat and high tech gear for lightening detection. The page I specifically linked show the near by static field charge detector with the software used to show where the strike will be.

I did read that page and others but it wasn't clear on how accurate your prediction could be. For example, in the video, the guy counted down from 6, pointed to a patch in the sky and voila, lightning.

Your linked page didn't lead me to believe it was that pinpoint accurate and reading more on the site didn't either but I may be mistaken if you know different, maybe their site just doesn't say it or I'm not reading it properly.

Originally posted by hinky
it's just a couple of guys having fun at others expense.

huh? Who's expense?

Do you know anything about the "Electrostatic Migration Principle" i.e. did they make this up? or is it a recognised "thing"?

Do you know who this group is, the website I linked seems pretty impressive as far as their set up goes but that could all be BS too?

I don't know, I was interested enough to learn.

[edit on 13/10/07 by Prote]

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by hinky

Yes they might have used these devices as sensors, but it doesn't quite explain what happened. Remember not only did they know the place the strikes happen but also the time and they seem to know this well in advance. If you read their website their main technology area seems to be in the area of event prediction for very complex systems. I guess it's like time series analysis on steroids.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Prote

Yeah, the "electrostatic migration" thing is made up. Their site is all mouth and no trousers - lots of stock photograhpy and bold claims, but not a shred of actual science. No list of publications, no links to PDFs or anything, just a youtube video under "proof"...

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   
this video feels fabricated just from how the guy talks - like he's acting. the lightning also looks "off". i cap'ed some frames from the video.

i214.photobucket.com...

in this one, the first frame is completely white, which seems odd:
i214.photobucket.com...

i214.photobucket.com...

my impression is that it's fake, but at least it's broken down so you can make your own opinion.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Don't think we should judge this based on the youtube video, [sarcasm] since we all know how great and wonderful the quality of videos uploaded to youtube are. [/sarcasm]

Try contacting quantafact and see if we can get the original video file.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I don't know if it's just me, but the guy in the video looked like he was acting, and bad acting at that.

The lightning looks fake as well. The second bolt is what gave it away, in my belief. Take a look at the still from the second lightning bolt.

It not only looks drawn, but it has the strangest shade of blue, something I've never seen before in a real lightning bolt.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I agree with the posts here, there is much that is odd.

The question I ask myself is what is it exactly they are promoting?

DJMessiah,

It does look strange, is there anything to compare it to i.e. would any lightning look weird if stilled? or does lightning always look "real" even if stilled. Maybe useful to compare with known real lightning and see if the effect is duplicated.

Real or fake, I still don't know what the point is? or what the agenda of the group is? Strange indeed.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Well I guess there really was not much interest in this so I'll post this then let the thread die again.

For what it's worth, I have found that the YouTube video claim is talking about Dan Myrick who directed the film I linked "Believers". On a side issue, he also did the Blair Witch Project.

So they are trying to refute claims made either by Dan or the film, Believers.

Has anyone seen the film?

What's interesting is that it is them making all the noise and by proxy are promoting the people they are refuting whilst information on them is scant at best. Very odd.... can't wait to see the film, perhaps it will all become clear.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Mabye it's a viral ad campaign for the film itself. The big "Don't see this movie" banners are a pretty clever ad - it worked on me and you at least.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jim_w
Mabye it's a viral ad campaign for the film itself. The big "Don't see this movie" banners are a pretty clever ad - it worked on me and you at least.

lol, maybe. Two suckers. They will have some way to go before dancing the jig of joy.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jim_w

You nailed it. Check out their website now.

quantafact.com...

They are promoting the movie. I'd have to say I find the subject of the movie somewhat interesting. I wonder how much of the premise was borrowed from real life. Aum Shinrikyo is a kind of high tech. cult that is in to mass murder as an example.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I don't know anything about math/theory/equations being used to predict actions or events. But I DO remember reading about a guy who "predicted" earthquakes months and years in advance, using some kind of measuring device he had invented. If you know what I'm talking about, maybe you can find the sources, I've forgotten....
...somethign about measuring certain atmospheric or geologic changes that preceded every major event, such as hurricanes and earthquakes...

new topics

top topics

join