It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science Gives credibility to Virgin Birth

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Another poorly built bridge connecting the worlds of science and religion.

Just because it's possible for other species doesn't mean it's possible for the human.

There's deer with gilled snouts. That doesn't mean giraffes can breathe under water, you know?

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   
whether or not humans are able to have virgin births or not, the birth of jesus, is nothing more than a story taken from the egyptain religion of Horus, and so .....owned...........

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18

No ones "owned." People have been looking skyward since the dawn of man. We want to believe there's something more and the modern age is outing those old beliefs and for those who believe that is a que to try and connect new science with old beliefs. I don't buy it myself but it's not like he got his a** handed to him because of Zeitgeist. He/She are just finding our way like the rest of us.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I've said it before, and I've said it again:

Science cannot prove religion. Religion works with the supernatural and science works only within natural law.

Religion exists via faith -- and faith ONLY. There is no direct, empiric evidence of any of the claims of any religion.

Science works with facts, and information that can be proved with actual evidence.

They aren't going to bridge any gaps. One works with reality, the other with fantasy -- and yes, I'm calling religion fantasy. When you believe in something with no evidence whatsoever to bolster it, it is a fantasy.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   
there's more to kicken abrahamic rligions with evidance than just Zeitgeist.

www.youtube.com...

6 parts...very interesting

[edit on 19-10-2007 by andre18]

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
Religion exists via faith -- and faith ONLY. There is no direct, empiric evidence of any of the claims of any religion.

If Christ came and talked to you in your living room, who would you tell?
Who would you expect to believe you. And who here, in these forums would believe a word you typed.

I have a story to tell, that turns all your presumptions about Faith, and turns them into..well. presumptions of Faith. Because you are making a presumption about something you dont know anything about except that which you have not witnessed.

People say they know God. You say they dont.
God said dont eat from the tree. They did it anyway.

What Im beginning to see about man,is that you cant tell him what to do, or tell him whats been done.

Man doesnt believe a word he says to his own brother in regards to Gods witness, yet he expects you to believe him when he says there is no God.

I dont have Faith there is a God, and I dont believe in God. I dont not have faith and I dont not believe in God.

Do you hear what Im saying?

Why dont you tell me what you believe I know.

If Christ came to you.. who would you tell.?

Think about it..who would believe you..What would you do?

Would you believe...or WOULD YOU KNOW?

Something to ask yourself, when pondering other peoples witness to Christ and the Almighty God.

Nulli Expugnabilis Hosti

Peace

[edit on 26-10-2007 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIFIGUY

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction

If Christ came and talked to you in your living room, who would you tell?
Who would you expect to believe you. And who here, in these forums would believe a word you typed.

[edit on 26-10-2007 by HIFIGUY]

Well, presumably if Jesus showed up in a bodily form in my living room - and announced Himself as such - it would be transforming enough for me - that if folks on BRS didn't believe me - I don't that would be the largest of my concerns.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join