It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California: Go Kill Yourself

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Really. Please.

Californians protested building a Level III Biosafety Lab at UC Davis. The original plans were for a BSL IV, but that was protested down.

www.ph.ucla.edu...

Californians are also notorious for stabbing themselves in the face and injecting the most toxic substance known to man...
A toxin so powerful, it is 15,000 times stronger than VX nerve agent...

We call it Botox.

Check out page 15.

www.usamriid.army.mil...

How in the world can people protest a facility that contains deadly YET CONTAINED microbes and substances, and then turn around and pay their doctor thousands of dollars to stab them in the face with the extract of the toxin those microbes produce? Oh and just so you know, Botox is considered a biological weapon (hence my selection of this thread).

Go shoot yourself in the face, California.

Oh, wait. You already did.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I am a native Californian and can tell you that people who get botox are a very different group than the ones who are protesters/political activists. That's why.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Why don't the political activists protest the fact that plastic surgeons stab the most deadly substance in the world into people's faces? Or that they even keep it in a cabinet in their clinic?

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
What a stupid thread.

Do you really think all Californians are like the trash you see on TV?

Trust me there is just as many of us living bellow the poverty level here in sunny cali as anywhere else. I've lived here ten yrs and I have yet to meet anyone who has had botox.

Those that do get botox probably don't even know what UC Davis is, so please take your stereotyping elsewhere.

You must have a reason to support the building of this facility at Davis right?
Well how about we build it in your neighborhood?

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Why do you even care? Most of that kind of crap goes on amongst the rich and famous such as those who lurk amongst Beverly hills. If they wanna shoot poison into their faces more power too 'em! Please... dont stop the stupid ones from taking themselves out of the gene pool... mm kay? And Hollywood in NO WAY represents the rest of California. As far as I am concerned they can nuke the ever loving beJesus out of Hollywood or all of L.A. for that matter and I could care less. But thanks to the media the L.A. lifestyle of the rich and seedy are all that gets exposed.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I love the California stereotypes.

Get a clue.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by AChE_Inhibitor
Why don't the political activists protest the fact that plastic surgeons stab the most deadly substance in the world into people's faces? Or that they even keep it in a cabinet in their clinic?

Because political activists usually look out for the poor, the vulnerable and other powerless citizens. The rich have resources so that they can learn about botox. If they choose to use it, who cares? But the children with no health insurance, the poor, the hungry, the oppressed, that's who the activists fight for.

I agree, what a ridiculous thread.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm not really able to extract some sane argument in the original post - sorry.

Just so you'll know, there are medical uses for Botox above and beyond vanity uses. Botox has been proven to give significant relief to people who suffer frequent and debilitating migraines. And even though those people are depending (probably very gratefully) on this substance to assist them in leading their lives, they probably don't want a biological lab next door to them either.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I'm a native to So California,I hate when these rednecks or hicks put everyone together in the same category,stay in goose creek and don't bother us

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Its not just the vanity of the Botox cocktail parties, it is also an promotion of plastic surgery

I worry that our children our being taught to disfigure there bodies with plastic surgery to meet some vain false ideal of beauty. If it were only the few doing it, that is their choice. But they also brand it as cool and the thing to do on TV.

Right after a meeting where the HMO released that plastic surgery was the highest profit making sector(elective so not insurance covered) part of current medicine. 6 or more shows came on TV glorifying plastic surgery. Nip tuck, I want a famous face, the swan, a few more I forget the name of.

US Military also is using plastic surgery for recruiting perk
wbztv.com...

So the vanity message is being broadcast out of California to the detriment of all of society.

Last comment, Nobody should kill themselves, that is the ultimate victory of darkness.

[edit on 13-10-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Let me say this, it's very unjust to stereotype Californians as a whole. Especially when you're talking about two different types of radical behavior oriented people.

BTW I'm originally an East Coaster, and find Californians(having lived in CA for a while and know some up here) to be the friendlier people on the West Coast, as well not all true to the stereotypes.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by AChE_Inhibitor
Why don't the political activists protest the fact that plastic surgeons stab the most deadly substance in the world into people's faces?

Because a great many of the residents of California, unlike other places that can be mentioned, actually believe that what people want to do to themselves with their own money is their business and nobody else's.

I think Botox is a stupid thing to do to a person's face, but nobody's telling me I have to do it. If some rich, vain gold digger or starlet wants to put a deadly bacteria in her face to look good, that's her problem. it's not like people are using Botox to rob banks -- "fill up the bag or I'll put this botulism in your face!"

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   
As a Californian, I do find this thread hilarious. Why people who DON'T live here poo on it all the time is beyond me. Is it jealousy? There's really nothing to be jealous of, except really beautiful women, beautiful weather and of course the whole medicinal marijuana thing.

But in all seriousness, I live in NorCal, and I share some resentment for Californians too. Well, those that live in SoCal, that is.

Please don't let those idiots give us up north a bad name.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 20/10/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Paraphrasing Mayor "Diamond" Joe Quimny,

I stand by my geographical slur.

I'm not jealous of Cali because my annual salary is higher than the reported 2006 census of California's average combined household income. I'm not bragging, I'm just rejecting one of my critics' accusations of motive.

"Do you really think all Californians are like the trash you see on TV?"

Yes, because TV is the font of all truth and knowledge.
Give a hoot - burn a book.
Stereotypes exist for a reason.

Because a great many of the residents of California... believe that what people want to do to themselves with their own money is their business and nobody else's.

That's not my point. They let their doctors possess a deadly substance. Why not scientists with PhD doctorates?

"it's not like people are using Botox to rob banks -- "fill up the bag or I'll put this botulism in your face!"
"

Actually you could do that. I did. Twice

I'm a native to So California,I hate when these rednecks or hicks put everyone together in the same category,stay in goose creek and don't bother us"

Sorry, not a redneck. Just a scientist. Never even visited any state on the gulf.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I am not sure I get the premise here...

Why is the OP trying to be bigoted against all Californians in their statements?

There is much more to California than Botox and Berkley. Perhaps in your California Bashing, you can go on a hunger strike, because more than likely you eat food grown in California everyday.

Or take it a step further, and stop driving automobiles. Many fuel efficient and less polluting automibiles are so, because without the initiatives that California put in place, Detroit and Big Oil would still think 10 miles to the gallon would be sufficient, and who cares about pollution.

Or stop watching television or movies, or listening to music because the companies that create almost 100% of the media have some financial connection in the state. Don't even get me started talking about computer as well, That includes foreign films. So I guess you are going to have a fairly boring existance protesting Californians.

Perhaps you are not jealous, but you definately chose a strange angle to attack the people of California from. Personally, I agree Botox is badnews, but most of all it is corny. The people who use it are vain, and worried about what others think of them. You on the other hand seem to be worried about the people who are worried about what others think about them, so in essence, you are only feeding the problem by giving them attention. You would be better served in your plight against Botox using Californians if you just ignored them, and let them keep pumping themselves with poison until they die. Thats what I do. The best part is, once they are gone, there is more for me...

I also want to ask you if your issue with 'Californians' has more to do with the vast number of people there in comparison to where ever you are. Of course there are more people getting Botox in California than elsewhere, it is in the Top Ten GNP if it were its own country. California props up the rest of the United States, its not the other way around, thats for sure. It would be interesting to see statistics of major cities regarding Botox use, I imagine that per capita its pretty even across the board among those who are vain and can afford the procedures. That goes for NY, Atlanta, Chicago, you name it... The FDA approved Botox... that is a federal thing... So maybe protesting a bio lab at a public STATE university is smart activism at the state level, and complaining that too many Californians are known to have used Botox and juxtapositioning with political activism is what is considered by some a Straw Man Argument

Perhaps you need to refute your georgraphical slur until you do more research about the state of California, and stop trying to back your argument up with bigoted generalizations. Perhaps you also need to look into Botox 'approval' a bit more before you try to blame Californians, since it is used in all 50 states. Perhaps you need to take your fight to the FDA...

DocMoreau

top topics

join