It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Pull Over 3 Year Old Driver... and you won't believe what happened.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Cops Pull Over Boy, 3, Driving Along Highway in Toy Mustang GT

The candy-apple red Mustang GT is just a toy, but that didn't stop 3-year-old Jordan Will from taking his battery-operated wheels for a brief ride along a busy stretch of highway.

Drivers stopped and neighbors chased down the car until an officer could pull over Jordan and his 2-year-old passenger on Sunday.

"Nothing bad happened, so it's kind of cute now when you look at it," said his father, Doug Will. "But at the time, it wasn't cute at all. It was scary. I was really upset."

All Jordan can do now is sit in the little car. His father has taken away the keys and removed the battery.

Officers said Jordan's dad won't be cited.

What !!! Won't be cited !! They didn't arrest the 3 year old either.

What about the tasers... why were'nt they used?

I'm calling somebody....

[edit on 12-10-2007 by elevatedone]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Uh, why did you post this? Can you say anti-cop hysteria?

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by uberarcanist

Yes, you have it. It is a cute story however, at least no one got hurt.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
This is a direct result of TV mind control as well as parental inattention.I would never leave eyes off of a 3 year old with a toy car. I am suprised they didnt CPS the kid and take him away into the black hole of child abduction by the state.Possibly because of the media attention they could not take him.I know people who just leave there kid unattended in the yard and they take the kid away never to return no matter how hard they fight the courts. if it was my kid he would be in the house with a lock on the door.
D

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
You can not take your eyes off a 3 year old. If this kid was able to get into his little car and drive it onto a highway.... seriously, where was his parents? There is really no excuse for that. At least have his parents take come actual parenting classes.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Leaving a young child home alone... in an environment that is free of harm (go with me here) could get your kids taken away... with resulting lifelong troubles in and out of the court room...

And all this kid's parent got was a chuckle?!?

For Christ's sake, the child was allowed to play on the highway, unsupervised.

Besides, it upsets me cause I didn't get my license until I was 16. :p

[edit] Is there a link to this article somewhere? [/edit]

[edit on 10/12/2007 by Infoholic]

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Being the father of a 3 year old myself, I can tell you that you cannot take your eyes off them for a second. They will get into and try anything they put their little minds to at this age. Curiosity is in full swing at this point and they don't have the fear factor so much yet. You can turn you head for a second then back and next thing you know they are doing something that can scare the hell out of you. Many of you who don't have children must understand that parents are generally going on little sleep raising children for the first 3 years of their lives and sometimes your focus is a little off, so before burning this man at the stake, please understand that this could have been mistake on his part...all be it a big mistake.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

What about the tasers... why were'nt they used?

I'm calling somebody....

[edit on 12-10-2007 by elevatedone]

They don't taser kids until they're at least 6.

[edit on 13-10-2007 by aye aye]

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infoholic
Leaving a young child home alone... in an environment that is free of harm (go with me here) could get your kids taken away... with resulting lifelong troubles in and out of the court room...

And all this kid's parent got was a chuckle?!?

For Christ's sake, the child was allowed to play on the highway, unsupervised.

Besides, it upsets me cause I didn't get my license until I was 16. :p

[edit] Is there a link to this article somewhere? [/edit]

[edit on 10/12/2007 by Infoholic]

They didn't allow it, they just didn't do anything to prevent it. A little different, but still irresponsible and a bad parenting move ...

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
man our cops are getting soft. What no tazer? no billy club to the toddlers skull! this is an outrage. that kid should have been brought up on charges and then tried as an adult and sent to prison! get your stuff together cops tazer intl's stocks are depending on you!!!!

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
The parents must have looked like goodie two shoe church goers, they always get away with criminal acts. "Honestly officver I just went in to take a call from my minister..."

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

"Nothing bad happened, so it's kind of cute now when you look at it," said his father, Doug Will. "But at the time, it wasn't cute at all. It was scary. I was really upset."

Kind of cute? This father needs to spend a few nights in jail with the worst of the inmates and think just how cute it was to leave a child unsupervised to pull a stunt that could have killed him.

Come on! Tasering a 3 year old? I dont think so!!! TASER THE FATHER.
He deserves it, not the child. :shk:

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
For the record, I don't condone the kid being unsupervised, the Father should have had an eye on them at all times.

I meant that the story was cute in that a 3 year old just wanted to take a ride with his 2 year old companion.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Wow, this could be a report about my neighbors. Horrible parents and they let their 2/3 yr old outside in the parking lot riding in her [same] red mustang gt toy car............alone!!!!

I cant even begin to tell you the amount of calls we have put into SF (base cops) about these people

Anyways, I see the humour you see in it....even though its a pretty *** situation

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
man our cops are getting soft. What no tazer? no billy club to the toddlers skull! this is an outrage. that kid should have been brought up on charges and then tried as an adult and sent to prison! get your stuff together cops tazer intl's stocks are depending on you!!!!

I'm actually kind of suprised that the poor kid didnt get taserd or given a firm beat down by a squadron of crazed policemen. The father should absolutely be punished for this. I mean how on earth can a 3 year old get keys to a car and go on a joyride with a 2 year old.

I'm sure while it was cute to see such a little kid behind the wheel, we are lucky that it didnt turn out worse. given the level of violence potrayed by the media today, I am surprised the kid didnt try to run over everything that he saw.

Crazy stuff.....

top topics

join