It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush signs bill making terriosm illegal

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Bush signs bill making terriosm illegal

www.crystalair.com

The new law makes it a crime to be involved in terrorist activities on American soil, and is punishable by up to 30 days in jail and up to a $1,500 fine. Pundits on both sides of the political aisle are applauding the move as the missing link that could put an end to the war on terror.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
So now basically, they now have a charge to arrest you on so people can't say they didn't get arrested on any charges.

www.crystalair.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I kind of figured if there was a "war" on it already, it was illegal by default.

Peace

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I've seen it all now. Ridiculous. They say the tool to win the war on terrorism, Ha ha a the missing link. A Stupid little law is going to win the war on terror.

[edit on 12uFriday07/27/20 by paul76]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I think what you're thinking is that you could charge those in Guantanamo Bay with this law. Hell no, you couldn't. Ex post facto charges are unconstitutional, you can't charge somebody for something that became illegal AFTER they did it.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   

punishable by up to 30 days in jail and up to a $1,500 fine

Good thing they are cracking down on terrorism with these harsh punishments.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
What, not any of one previous president signed this kind of bill?

Frankly, I don't think 30 days nor the fine is enough.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

I think it's just another weasly attempt to reclassify legitimate protest as terror.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
30 days and a $1500 fine?? Isn't there a typo there somewhere?

As if being charged with treason, attempted mass murder and the death penalty aren't reason enough.

[edit on 12-10-2007 by mirageofdeceit]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I don't think this law is meant to actually apply to "terrorists", judging by the punishment, I'm thinking the very vague definition of what a terrorist is that this will be used to detain and fine protesters and people asserting their constitutional, rights. (the government hates these people in case you haven't noticed)

with the amount of people doing these things these days, its sure to be a major cash cow for repeat "offenders"

[edit on 12-10-2007 by C0le]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Never even heard of this crap.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Actually they should GIVE people money for planning terrorism since its helping the US scare people into control...

- Scare a kid by looking at him like a terrorist, $50
- Wear the clothes of a terrorist and walk down the street, $100
- Grow your beard like Usama bin laden, $500

[edit on 12-10-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by C0le

My first response to this story was:

"

In the dictionary under redundant, it says see redundant."

But your explanation not only make sense it downright scary.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Another question. What if someone was fool enough to dress like a terrorist for Halloween, fake gun and all? Do they get arrested? Don't think that this is impossible. Remember Prince Harry a couple of years ago dressing as a Nazi?

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I think Cole nailed it.

If you look at the very broad and vague definition of "Terrorist" it makes perfect sense. This law has nothing to do with terrorism as most of us understand it to mean. It is the governments definition which is defined in section 802 of the US Patriot Act as "involve acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State"
Basically... ANY LAW. Better hope you dont get caught jaywalking!!!

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Did everyone fail to realize the article was a joke? Honestly this is like reading the onion. This Bill doesn't exist... Actually it does, its called the patriot act:

www.whitehouse.gov...

The CAP is a humor news service. take their celebrity news headline for instance:

"Angelina Jolie To Adopt Spears Children"

I can't believe some of you guys thought this was real. Aiding a murder plot is already a crime anyways...

[edit on 12-10-2007 by Vipassana]

link   
When the revolution starts I'm wearing mine...

www.optactical.com...

link   

Pundits on both sides of the political aisle are applauding the move as the missing link that could put an end to the war on terror.

Glad they have finally figured out how to end the war. With around 1 billion arrests, the cost of the war can be recovered.

I agree with the thought that it is to stop the voices of who disagree with the war.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Actually, Homeland security words terrorist a bit differently.

According to Homeland Security a terrorist is: "anyone involved in any activity that is dangerous to human life or potentially destructive of critical infrastructure, violates any criminal law, and appears intended to intimidate or coerce the civilian population

[edit on 12/10/2007 by section8citizen]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Wow... some joker with a little extra time on his hands formed this website, and it's drawing ATS's attention away from the important matters at hand? Lovely.

Just look at these pictures taken from the source.

Like you can't tell the sign is a photoshop flop....

Osama proposing!

This needs to be moved to BTS.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join