It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flordia bootcamp staff cleared in teen's death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Flordia bootcamp staff cleared in teen's death

www.reuters.com

A Florida jury acquitted seven former guards and a nurse of manslaughter on Friday in the death of a 14-year-old boy whose beating by the guards at a juvenile boot camp was caught on videotape.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
They get cleared and it was ON videotape. Just amazing. I understand if it was maybe one witness who said it. But, there was a video present.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Lol nothing makes sense anymore.....you kill someone you get away with it but if you draw on the sidewalk you get fined. Whats going on anymore I don't know.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   

If it is on tape - SHEESSH!!

reply to post by Everythingyouknowisalie

Like your sig!!!

[edit on 12-10-2007 by mirageofdeceit]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Everythingyouknowisalie
Lol nothing makes sense anymore.....you kill someone you get away with it but if you draw on the sidewalk you get fined. Whats going on anymore I don't know.

Well, the first is the cops, the second is a citizen. See where I'm going with this?

I'm waiting for the "he deserved it" crowd. They should be coming right about 3...2...1...now.

[edit on 10/12/2007 by Griff]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
No matter what comes of the DOJ investigation, you can better believe it will be in the interest of Good Ol' Jeb Bush and Big Brother George will make sure of it.

This is a complicated case and I have not followed it very closely, but you have 2 autopsy results each claiming different things. Although one MUST admit that it is very odd that the first autopsy claims internal bleeding, not from a beating but from a "sickle cell trait". Until you find out he was beat up.

The real tragedy here is that this kid died for doing something A LOT of teenagers do. I did the same thing when I was that age and I was also caught. Me and a buddy took off with his father's Thunderbird. Of course we drove around in our High School's parking lot until the cops came, arrested us, then released us to our parents. Why this kid would have to go to a boot camp for doing something that apparently did not hurt anyone is the real crime.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   

The medical examiner said he died as a result of the "actions of the guards."

So there's a video, and a 2nd examination confirms that his death is a result of the actions of the guards.

How does a jury let them walk? The police seem to be getting more and more abusive with their power, and it seems that people are willing to put up with it.

When I was 15 a friend of mine stole a van (not from his parents, just a random van). We were joyriding for hours before getting caught, and ended up getting released to our parents with a warning. How does this kid, get put into a boot camp, as a result of stealing the family car? This wasn't even a real crime...

Just a note, I don't condone that type of behavior and I'm not really trying to defend what he did.

[edit on 12-10-2007 by InSanE1]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Here is the video...about 8 mins long.

[edit on 12/10/2007 by section8citizen]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Now I was keeping up with this story and knew they where getting close to the jury on this one, but I missed it as I was so busy with work..

This just burns me up inside to know they got away with this!!!!
Really!! Those people should all be charged with murder!!

You can clearly watch the video and see what they where doing was wrong!! And they got away with it??
I mean are they totally cleared of this??

IF so that really makes me so mad I want to curse and punch someone in the face!!! But I wont, and I will try to calm down..
Rarely do I get so passionate about such things, but they killed that kid!!

MOthers...*&^$&*$%*$&*$^*($..grrrr..

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
How in the hell do they get away with killing a 14 year old boy!!!!
THis is an outrage!! I just saw this on the news about 3 mins ago and just feel so bad for the mother!!!

Those bastards got off the hook, and I dont see how they can get away with this!!!

Im so angry right now about this!!! I hope they burn in hell for this!
So these SOB kill this 14 year old kid.. the nurse stands by and watches the whole thing.. And they are found not guilty!!

Makes me sick!!!

I wont be shocked if there is a riot over this!!! I for one wouldnt mind if they got out of control over this.. Would teach these rasist people a thing or two about justice!
They are rasist and I rarely ever want to play that card, but its clear that this is Bull#!!

[edit on 12-10-2007 by zysin5]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5
How in the hell do they get away with killing a 14 year old boy!!!!
THis is an outrage!! I just saw this on the news about 3 mins ago and just feel so bad for the mother!!!

--------------------------------------------

First one to go. The arsehole that's holding the smelling salts to his face for like 3 minutes. How about the freaking EMS crack pots who non-shalantly strool over to him to "aid" him. This is a freaking joke.

And people wonder why there are songs advocating violence against the cops. I'm sorry...you good cops out there should be policing your own. I blame you as much as the bad anymore.

Man, I need to calm down.

Edit: Can't say something that would be illegal.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I was totally shocked at the verdict of this. I have follow this case from the beginning. I just can’t believe they let these grown men kick this 14 year old child till he died. Then set them free. It pissed me off.

These men every one of them plus the nurse who stood by and watched should all be in prison for life. If I was the one in charge I would hang them all. Death for death, period.

The kid kept begging to stop. Saying, he wasn’t feeling well. Obviously, he was dying.

Poor child. My heart goes out to him and his family. My heart goes out to my country as well. Something is seriously wrong with America now days.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
This doesn't shock me at all dude. To be honest you kind of put your kids in danger any time you send them to school or any place that other adults have control over them. These parents are to blame a bit in my opinion. They let their kids run wild and spoil the hell out of them. When they become teenagers they can't do # with them and send them to boot camp. see more..
edit on 30-3-2012 by pachuchai because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
This court decision came down in 2007 -- hardly "breaking news".

I have followed horror stories of various "boot camp" operations for troubled teens. The one involved in the Florida case was an actual juvenile prison, calling it a camp as if it had canoeing and marshmallows around the campfire is just a sort of deception. It was a prison for children, the guard (that's what they were) felt entitled to beat children, etc. If they had been convicted those guards would have had lots of fun in adult prison; many of those convicts were mistreated as children and someone who both beats children and qualifies as a demoted prison guard is gonna be prime target numero uno. On the other hand, the State already made a $5 M settlement with the boy's family.

Other boot camp operations have been unofficial, advertising to parents of teenagers. The parents hire these outfits, they send their goon squads to scoop up the kid in the middle of the night, and he's usually in a worse situation than if he were in prison because he has no legal rights, not outside contact, and the people in charge claim that his (or her) parents gave them permission to torment them in ways that would be illegal for the parents themselves to do. I have not yet heard of any kid suing his parents for sending him to such a place, but there have been plenty of instances of kids being killed or crippled in such places. They are usually characterized as "wilderness camps" - that means no running water, no beds, no telephone, no electricity, just army surplus pup tents and the like, the camp's entire inventory worth less than $500, with the kids forced out twenty miles into what is often a state or national park. There have been instances of children being injured or taking sick and nobody on staff knowing - or even trying to do - anything. Instances of kids who were supposed to be given medication - including insulin - but the staff "forgetting" it back at the office 50 miles away. Instances of kids being starved or beaten. Instances of emergencies that nobody bothered to report for hours - and camps without any contingency for getting an injured child from the middle of nowhere to a hospital. At one Texas "boys' camp", the punishment was that they'd be beaten with plastic pipes, and if that wasn't enough, they'd be sodomized! In some cases, someone at the camp office has a shortwave radio tuned to the local police so they can snatch up an escapee before he can get the police interested in the way the kids are being mistreated, or so they know in advance if the police are coming for a visit. Nobody checks the credentials of the people running these outfits -- they have their own accrediting association which never finds fault with them so long as the check clears -- but they could have no training or experience in wilderness or hiking, nor any training or equipment for first aid, and they might even have criminal records. Lots of fatalities over the years and it turns out that the camps have no insurance, and no assets worth suing for.

edit on 1-4-2012 by Shoonra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Shoonra

Umm did you look at the date on the OP? This thread was originally posted in 2007, you dug it out of the basement

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

I used to stay in florida. This happens a lot. People know they can murder a minority there just so long as they have a badge or a group of people willing to lie for them.

new topics

top topics

join