It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seaport found on Mars

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I believe i've found a seaport on mars.

A friend is feeding me strips from the JPL mars imagery, and I was studying them for anomalies. Experts please weigh in on this. I believe I've found a seaport on mars.

You can clearly see an artificial cut in the shoreline, and if you follow the terrain out to "sea" you can see what might be a lighthouse or at least a mointaintop offshore. Cropped picture is about 20% up from the bottom of the strip.

Hope I get the link to the original correct.

Link to original. Be sure to check the R0701975 image
barsoom.msss.com...

[edit on 12-10-2007 by jaywoo]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
That's a pretty wild photo OP but you might have to do a little better then
that around here. I can't even make out the dimension of the shot, let
alone what's the sea. Maybe from another perspective.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I understand your comment. I'm not the expert, just a browser. That's why i brought my find here, to have the experts look at it. I'm as anxious as anyone to see what ATS has to say. It's not hard to find on the strip. Do what I did. Start at the bottom and follow the coastline up.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
In an effort to help you from becoming toast here, I would gently suggest you put about 6000 question marks in your post.
There are many flamers and self appointed 'guardians of Truth' here who are less than civil at times.
Cleaned up link:

barsoom.msss.com...

Good luck with your topic.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Please post the correct link as this one shows:

"Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /moc_gallery/r03_r09/images/ on this server."

Good luck

[edit on 12-10-2007 by Alexander the o.k.]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Try This. Sorry about all the edits. Just trying to get it to work.

barsoom.msss.com...

It's on the "narrow image" divided up on the left pane. Click on the image with all the strips. Right image is the whole strip shown in context. Anomaly is near the bottom of the image.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jaywoo

The total strip is only about 3 km wide. That's a mighty small seaport.

Are you sure a seaport is the only hypothesis that fits the data?

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Or maybe it's just some rocks and dirt. Honestly, how can there be a seaport where there isn't a sea? Also, unless you could somehow figure out the elevation of the area, for all you know the area you designated a "sea" could be a plateau.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Look at the right angles, and the artificial construction of the features. Surely it looks engineered. Feel free to post any number of ways that configuaration of rocks, ect... could find its way into that formation. To me it looks engineered. If not a small port on what was undoubtedly a sea or lake (look at the oroginal) at leaft some fortification. To me it does not look natual, and remember, it's on Mars.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
By the way, you have to download the strip to get in close enough to see anything. You can get in about twice as close as what I posted. You can even see the "undewater" range that leads off from the construction.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Assuming that the lighter colored area was at one point ocean/sea/ a lake, the obvious place for a port would be the arrowhead shaped bay to the southwest of the area you circled.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Indeed it would, if it wasn't too shallow. That location could also be a long way around to get out to the open sea for fishing, ect. Many good looking inlets have auxiliary ports on the main body of water in this manner, on earth anyways. I'm working on some zooms with what looks like deepee "areas" in front of that area.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jaywoo

I appreciate that you have posted this... it does seem rather unusual, and as much as I would love to say you found something. I really think that it is nothing. Nice try though, keep your eyes peeled, you might run across something even more compelling.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Check out this thread, if you haven't already, you may find it interesting as well.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Why is/are the image/s in black and white? This is 2007, I'm sick of seeing only black and white pictures...

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I'm seeing this...

From This...

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Yet again i see nothing.Just once i want one of these to actually have something that is not natural.

Can you outline whatever your trying to point out?Or enlarge it or something?

Never mind,you just put better pics up.....Do you guys who see all these things in the pictures use special glasses or something?

[edit on 12-10-2007 by Project_Silo]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Osiris1953
reply to post by jaywoo

I appreciate that you have posted this... it does seem rather unusual, and as much as I would love to say you found something. I really think that it is nothing. Nice try though, keep your eyes peeled, you might run across something even more compelling.

Thank you and I tend to agree. Say it is something, what then? I get frustrated with trying to bring the simply curious into the realm of actual meaning.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Even if you found a crystal clear color photo of an ET walking his dog on Mars a lot of people still wouldn't believe. I believe there is plenty of artifacts on Mars throughout the planet, but I don't really think this is one of them. Like I said though, keep up the good work.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join