It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Minority Report' was actually the sequel to 'Total Recall'. Remake of first could be on the way

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   

The report is blessedly free of details, but the Weinstein brothers' longstanding desire for a Recall sequel is no secret; as some of you might recall, the script for what was supposed to be Total Recall 2 eventually wound up being used as the basis for 2002's Minority Report. (Of course, Minority Report -- like Total Recall -- took its ultimate inspiration from Philip K. Dick.)

Link

Wow, talk about a sucky sequel!! Could have fooled me that the two movies were somewhat related.

As far as remaking Schwarzenegger's Total Recall, I don't know, I might be down with that. There's really no need other than greed, but I'd definitely go see it.

Paul Verhoeven's (the director) style is his and his alone. It would be interesting to see how another director would do it, perhaps Spielberg.

Peace

[edit on 12-10-2007 by Dr Love]

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   
man that's funky. Why mess with Total Recall? They must have taken great liberties in making those movies look and feel NOTHING alike...

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Now, I know I'll probably take some heat for what I'm about to say, but I think Tom Cruise would be pretty good as Quaid in a remake of TR. It would be a different kind of Quaid obviously, but I think he could pull it off.

Peace

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
yea, wander around clueless to who you are, that sounds perfect for Tom...

top topics

join