It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My BMW 325e

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
It is my first car, and is not yet road worthy. Right now i have to replace front control arms, put in new Strut on driver side, change timing belt (horrible idea for BMW), and do some odd little fixes. I have everything just need to wait for my finger to heal so i can work on it. (damn football)

While the plans may not go for this car, i want to stay with the e30 chassis, (because i like the style) and swap in a M50B25 or S50B30 motor from a 1993-1995 e36.

Right now i'm learning everything about this car on my own, no official help as of yet.

Here are some pictures for those interested.

Gotta love the ghetto jackstands.

Any other BMW owners out there?

[edit on 10/12/2007 by 3rdeye]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I think the jack stands are the least of your problems.

I wish you the best, though. I looks like a worthy project.

It's certainly beyond my capacity.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Buy a Bentley Repair manual, it will save you a lot of time.

Do the timing belt, water pump & cam seals all at once.

Before you re-bolt & assemble the blower access panel, put the top of the blower cover on and clip it together. Turn the fan speed on high & make sure the blower doesen't hit/rub. (you'll hear a loud whizzing sound if it does) Most people bolt the cover back on without checking this first.

When you do a conversion, shoot for an 1988-1991 325is, rust free, and do an S50. The M50 is great but has no cakes & will be similar in cost to an S50 conversion anyway.

Nice car

new topics

join