It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No US Income, Sales or Corporate Taxes - Pay With US Mint Gold & Silver Coins

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   
The US Government doesn't take Gold and Silver, but they will take US Federal Reserve Notes. [AKA: Dollars]

They want dollars because they are not in the business of trading value. They are in the debt trading market. And thats what a US Dollar represents, debt. A dollar is the other half of the debt, what was received in exchange for accepting the debt repayment contract. When you pay for something with a dollar it is not value moving forward it is debt moving backwards. All debts through income tax, corporate tax and sales tax are payable in these dollar debt instruments. Some argue that these taxes are unconstitutional. They neglect the fact that the dollar debt instrument did not exist when the constitution was written.

I am a fool, you say? The courts don't seem to think so.

IRS Suffers Defeat: Kahre tax trial Wages Paid in Gold & Silver Coin DELETED FROM rogueIMC

portland.indymedia.org...

IRS Suffers Staggering Defeat in Kahre tax trial. Tax Questions Raised Regarding Gold and Silver Coins Used to Pay Wages
Around noon on Monday, September 17th, a Las Vegas federal jury returned its verdict refusing to convict nine defendants of any of the 161 federal tax crimes they had been charged with. The charges included income tax evasion, willful failure to file and conspiracy to evade taxes.

The four-month trial centered around the family businesses of Robert Kahre who paid numerous workers for their labor with circulating gold and silver U.S. coins, and did not report the wages. The payments took place over several years, allegedly totaling at least $114 million dollars.

More at source....

The trick is to get your boss to pay in gold and silver.

[edit on 12-10-2007 by Malichai]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Would the same apply if paid in "Liberty Dollars?"

libertydollar.org...

Not the silver or gold coinage of course but the silver certificates?

This is cool. I need to speak with HR about this. But,then I do work for a willing participant in globalization and the destruction of the nation. But it sure does pay good!

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I know that many Liberty Dollar 'associates' that accpet LDs don't charge sales tax, but I'm not sure that you could do that with them unless it was just a personal verbal contract, making you an independent contractor.

I would suggest research before using them for anything other than personal trade and/or purchases from stores accepting LDs.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   
This is absolutely amazing. It's hard to believe with the way things are going that something involving the IRS could turn out right. It just goes to show that when a matter is actually left up to We The People, there is a fighting chance for justice to prevail. Score one for the good guys. I guess that makes the score about 10 - infinity. haha...

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by sc2099

It means little unless people act on it. The fact that no one in the media is reporting this makes it unlikely for a solution to develop.

And as for those Liberty Dollars, its a scam. The one ounce Silver token is labled as $20 Liberty Dollars. But an ounce of silver costs less than $16. And these do not carry and Federal Reserve value. That $16 US mint one ounce silver coin also has a single dollar value simply from the stamp mark by the mint. When you use those coins your transactions carry both metal and debt value with the metal being the majority.

So you might not be able to do the same things with LDs as with US mint coins.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
If the IRS is going to try to appraise the value of a $50 gold coin into the metal value in FRN’s, then wouldn’t the same apply to the paper value in FRN’s?

i.e., I just received paper money saying it was worth $100 bucks, but the paper value is only worth 3 cents.

So I pay taxes on 3 cents, right? BOTH are LEGAL US tender.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Malichai

Ok ok ok ok OK ..

The entire issue of the trial was not "does the IRS have the right to tax wages" .. but rather "does the IRS have the right to tax the accumulated value of a legal tender based on matalic substance?"

And the ruling was.. no, they do not have the right.

Employees where being paid in $1 coins of Silver.. they where taxed accordingly, on $1 .. but the real value of the coin was well over $1.. but the $1 was a legal US tender.. IT WAS NOT A LIBERTY DOLLAR! .. its value was "$1" .. its matalic substance was worth the weight in Silver on the market, and the employees sold them for profit.

Where the IRS messed up -- targeted the people distributing the dollar coins.. NOT the employees selling the coins, which would have been unearned income that would have been taxable as the income from selling the coins was far higher then their earned wages that year..

It's great to see the IRS, an illegal private entity, have the sh# shovelled right back into their faces.. I pray for more court rulings like this, and find it outstanding the jury did not give into the idiocracy that the IRS has tried to portrait as true information..

Liberty Dollars are not legal tender and should not be used to pay wages, or collect as a wage.. they are a novelty item essentially, and it is not illegal in America to barter a trade for one service or another with the exchange of something of equal value -- Liberty Dollar sales are not illegal I still would not advise using them for anything other then savings -- based on the fact that they are metalic they will keep pace with inflation.

In my opinion of course.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by NoPhobos

I did not think of it that way. By all technical means, I have not touched my own money in over 2 years.. as in, I have never once held the cash in my hand.. its all done over a plastic card or online transactions.

So seeing as cyber space has no value.... I don't pay taxes then right?

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
This is also being discussed over here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

Aparrently, the OP has some level of personal contact with the case.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
This is also being discussed over here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

Woops, I meant to post my comment in the other thread. I looked this up when I was searching to see if there was any other info on ATS.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoPhobos
If the IRS is going to try to appraise the value of a $50 gold coin into the metal value in FRN’s, then wouldn’t the same apply to the paper value in FRN’s?

i.e., I just received paper money saying it was worth $100 bucks, but the paper value is only worth 3 cents.

So I pay taxes on 3 cents, right? BOTH are LEGAL US tender.

Here is an interesting read regarding exactly that subject ( I'll post this link in my other thread as well). It definitely opens up some perplexing questions and should prove very interesting to see what actions the IRS will attempt to close the loophole.

Muckraker Report: American Gold Eagle preys upon the IRS

top topics

join